JULY 2014 Brides, when is your date?

posted 3 years ago in July 2014
  • poll: What day in July 2014 are you having your Wedding?
    July 4th : (2 votes)
    4 %
    July 5th : (4 votes)
    9 %
    July 11th : (2 votes)
    4 %
    July 12th : (11 votes)
    24 %
    July 18th : (2 votes)
    4 %
    July 19th : (8 votes)
    17 %
    July 25th : (2 votes)
    4 %
    July 26th : (7 votes)
    15 %
    A SUNDAY : (3 votes)
    7 %
  • Post # 3
    312 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

Ours is the 26th. I chose it because it’s after the largest festival in Calgary (The Calgary Stampede) so everything calms down, and there isn;t a million people visiting the city, it’s still beautiful out yet things aren’t dead and dry like August. And it was the only Saturday we could get our venue. 

Post # 4
    130 posts
    Blushing bee

July 12 is our date as it will be our 3 year anniversary together. I love that the date has a special meaning to the both of us.

Post # 5
    36 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: January 2010

I chose the 19th because of the various big events and accompanying road closures that happen on certain weekends here… Huge fireworks festival happening the weekend after my date, then there’s pride weekend just after that which is pretty big here. Plus, it’s more likely to be sunny later in July in Vancouver – I really hope it won’t be raining! 

Post # 6
    76 posts
    Worker bee

July 12, 2014. Hopefully the weather will be perfect. Crossing my fingers!!

Post # 7
    613 posts
    Busy bee

@Korenne:  Ours is July 4th! Originally we wanted it to be in Junne because that is the month of our 8 year dating anniversary and 3 year engagement anniversary, but FH’s uncle, who is our officant, wasn’t available. So we moved it ahead to the next available Friday and voila- July 4th! (:

Post # 8
    114 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

July 26th. My summer semester ends at the end of June and I don’t have to go back until third week in August so it was right in the middle (so I could have a couple of planning weeks leading up to it and time for the honeymoon/recovery after). 

Post # 9
    110 posts
    Blushing bee

July 7. 7-7-14. It was so symmetrical, I love it! We are also on a cruise that leaves Monday-Monday…

It’s also, in Japan (where I lived for 3 years) a national holiday called Tanabata, which has some romantic connotations

“It celebrates the meeting of the deities Orihime and Hikoboshi (represented by the stars Vega and Altair respectively). According to legend, the Milky Way separates these lovers, and they are allowed to meet only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the lunisolar calendar. The date of Tanabata varies by region of the country, but the first festivities begin on July 7 of the Gregorian calendar.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanabata

My uncle and (Japanese) aunt’s anniversary is 7/7/07, so that’s kind of a fun tie-in, too 🙂

Post # 10
    42 posts
    Newbee

July 12th- supposed to be the best weather in the Pacific Northwest:))

Post # 11
    2052 posts
    Buzzing bee

@Korenne:  Ours is the 5th July. We are having our reception in some beautiful gardens. We asked the owner of the gardens when was the best time of year, and she said late June for the flowers and July for the weather.

We also wanted to hold our wedding early enough in the summer that we wouldn’t be having our honeymoon in the school holidays, because everything’s much more expensive then.

There’s a big event happening elsewhere on 28th June and at the time we thought that lots of our friends would want to go, and that we would want to go too – which meant we didn’t want to be away on honeymoon then either. So we chose the weekend after the event, 5th July. As it turns out, we won’t be going to that event after all – instead I will be having my hen party on the 28th! Still very happy with my date though.

Post # 12
    2167 posts
    Buzzing bee

My wedding date is total coindence. July 26, 2014. July because we love the month and we can bank on it being sunny, 26 ( my birthday is 2(February) 6(the day) and my home address is 2014).

Post # 13
    605 posts
    Busy bee

July 26, 2014!! 😀 The excitment is seriously killing me!!!!! We chose that date because we both love the month of July and it was just the perfect timing between everything else that is going on for us this summer!

Post # 14
    1158 posts
    Bumble bee

@Korenne:  Ours is July 12th. It is the closest to our dating anniversary as possible (July 10–9 years!)

Post # 15
    128 posts
    Blushing bee

Yay, love this board 7-7-14!

Post # 16
    108 posts
    Blushing bee

July 12 was the first date that worked for all the necessary parties. It is also the one year anniversary of the day we got engaged, so I am happy about that!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors