July 2015 Brides: What have you done so far?

posted 3 years ago in July 2015
Post # 3
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I’m getting married the week before you! Smile

We’ve started looking at venues. The only thing set in stone right now is our invites, most of our bridal party and our colours.  We’re planning so far out because I’m in school and don’t graduate till June of 2015. Giving ourselves lots of time.

Post # 4
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Los Willows Wedding Estate

I have a lot planned, not done but planned. our original wedding date was july 13 2014 but due to financial strugle (my FI lost his job) we are pushing it back another year. *we made the decision a week before I was supposed to go wedding dress shopping *teartear* *

this is what I have planned so far:

-venue= booked (includes ceremony and reception..food, drinks, chairs, table clothes, utensiles, china, uplighting)

-color theme= orange pink and green

-dress= torn between two

-bridesmaid dresses= chosen but not bought yet

-groom/groomsmen attire= chosen but not bought yet

-bouquet= already have an inspiration of exacly how i want it to look

– officiant= booked (my pastor)

– dj. photogropher, fotobooth= chosen but not booked yet

– save the dates= already designed but not bought yet

and thats about it..nothing except vendor and officiant is set in stone but hopefully by next year everything i mentioned is done and ready to go. i like doing my planning with a lot of time. i hate feeling pressure and stress due to procrastination. here is an insirational board i made up just to show u my vision

Post # 5
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I’m getting married in late June 2015, and so far we have only booked the venue. We are planning on booking the church soon, but other than that we haven’t actually set anything. We pretty much have our colors decided, and we have some little things decided like first dance song, but that’s about it.

We were going to send out our save the dates very soon, but someone suggested I wait until around April so people don’t get confused and think our wedding is June of this year instead of 2015.

Post # 6
178 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Los Willows Wedding Estate

@rel318:  we are thinking about sending our save the date at the end of July beginning of August. I think a year out is a good time line for sending std. And of course wedding dress shopping !!!! Whoooo hooo

Post # 7
1535 posts
Bumble bee

Our venue/menu/lighting is booked

I have my dress

I have my jewlery

FI started making our wedding website and STD’s

We’re having a DW and our rental house is booked

Wedding party has been asked

Started looking at flowers

Friend has offered to do our cake:)

and another friend has offered to do my hair (she did mine for a prev wedding i was a BM for :))

Post # 8
101 posts
Blushing bee

I have my dress, picked out our bridal party, booked the reception venue, ceremony site, and dj… Have an appt to talk to a photographer next month … And I started my brooch boquet!

Post # 9
7 posts
Newbee

@Chriosania:  Date twins!

I’ve done a bit of planning in my head, colors and such (does that count?).  I did put a despoit done on the venue, the FI and I are meeting with a photographer next week.  I also made mock ups of my invitations/RSVP etc, and started scouting out more DIY options.  

I am also hoping to drop about 25 pounds and/or drop 2 sizes before the summer so then I feel my best for dress shopping! Laughing

Post # 10
20 posts
Newbee

I’ve done a ton so far! But that’s because we got engaged way bay in July 2013 and we live in an area that is a hot spot for destination weddings, so we’ve got to be on top of things! In fact, every place that I’ve booked has already had a few 2015 dates on their books before I called – crazy!

So far I’ve got:

-Church (Aug 13)

-Photographer (Aug 13)

-Reception Venue – in house catering (Oct 13)

-Florist/Decorator – family freind (Nov 13)

-DJ (Nov 13)

-Hair & Makeup (Jan 14)

I know that the colors are gray and white. BMs in gray, Guys in black, white flowers. I’m thinking about adding some color at the reception but I’m not sure yet. And I have a few dresses I like but I’m still looking for one that I absolutely love! I also have my website done and mock-ups of invitations and what not.

So exciting!

Post # 11
10 posts
Newbee

So far,

Venue is booked (includes ceremony space, reception space, cocktail hour, dinner, drinks).

Ordered wedding dress.

Have picked attendants/bridesmaids/groomsmen.

Made draft guest list.

Draft wording for save the dates and invitations.

Have researched local photographers, DJs, plan to go interview some in the summertime. We have been engaged since February 2013, and I had been feeling kind of stir crazy not being able to plan anything else until we had the venue figured out. Feel relieved now! Having the major stuff (ceremony, reception, food, drink) booked makes me feel much better. 

Post # 11
11 posts
Newbee

Been engaged for almost 11 months now. So far…

• Booked reception & ceremony sites (one venue)
  • Booked caterer & chosen food, cake, linens, etc.
  • Bought dress off the rack but waiting on alterations
  • Chosen jewelry, veil
  • Chosen colors (navy blue, coral & white)
  • Spoken with our chosen photographer – expect to book this month!
  • Made guest list & had parents approve
  • Asked MOH and Best Man to stand with us
  • Purchased wedding bands 

We also have solid ideas for centerpieces, invitations, BM dresses, tuxes. It’s soooo nice being able to take our time and research a ton of vendors before we pull the trigger anywhere. It also helps that we live in an area with a ton of options for everything. 

Post # 12
49 posts
Newbee

We have booked our venue & food, photographer, and music. My FI bought her dress a few months ago, but I haven’t even tried anything on yet, just been pinning dresses like crazy. Our venue lets us supply our own alcohol so we have bought a good bit already. We have also started some DIY projects with our centerpieces, table runners, and other decorations.

Post # 13
202 posts
Helper bee

WannaBeeMrsB:  We (I’ve ) booked the venue, photographer, and officiant.  We got engaged in January and I got this all done within a month!  I am glad I did. Even in our area (midwest), my photographer and venue said dates were filling up fast for July 2015.  So I went ahead and booked them without a second thought. Usually I take a long time to make decisions, but I figured in order to get what I wanted I needed to act soon!

Post # 14
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I’m not engaged yet but my SO and I have both talked about a wedding date and both agreed that July 11th, 2015 would be our ideal wedding date. I really hopes that date follows through. It sort of has a meaning behind it and I would love to get married on that day. 

Good luck to all you July 2015 brides!!! 🙂 Hopefully I’ll be seeing you guys on here soon! 

Post # 15
9 posts
Newbee

My original wedding date was July 10, 2014 but due to personaly reasons we had to push it back so we have a lot done.

• Venue (one place for both)
  • Have dress
  • Bridesmaid/flower girl dress purchased
  • Photographer/videographer
  • DJ
  • My wedding band
  • theme and colors picked
  • Have both shoes and my accesories
  • Have guest book
  • Guest list finalized
  • have a lot of misc stuff since we were 3 month out when we had to push it back

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors