(Closed) July 2015 Mamas Part 2

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
2293 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I’ve been mia, but will try to keep up from now.

Crossposting from another thread:

Yesterday we had our first pregnancy scan at 6w4days and I was so nervous. DH and I went in the scan room and after a few minutes of the Doc doing his thing, commenting on my fibroids, enlarged ovaries etc I thought I was going to go crazy with the anxiety.

Then finally he said, “Everything’s good otherwise, now let’s see what’s going with these babies” So yep, we’re having twins. They both have beautiful heartbeats and are measuring on time. DH and I can’t our heads around it, and I’m praying that everything goes well for the next 7-8 months.

So I’m thinking I’m more likely to be a June Mama, but if you ladies don’t mind I think I’ll stick around here at least until my due date officially changes.

Post # 6
314 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

You know you’re from Buffalo when, instead of going with your first inclindation upon seeing another foot and a half of snow is to cry and your second is to make a hearty breakfast to go out and clear more snow.  The snow on the sidewalk that was almost to the ground yesterday at bedtime is now up to my 95 pound dogs shoulders… and over the shoulders of my 75 pound dog. Our street was finally plowed last night and I have about 3-4 feet of icy dense snow plow debris at the end of my driveway.  I’m not sure what else to do at this point.  Thank goodness we have a snow blower… but not sure how to handle that crap at the end of the driveway. 

We are supposed to get another 2 feet of snow today and another 1 to 2 over night.  I am really, really glad we are having a summer baby.  Some woman already gave birth in her house because she couldn’t get to the hospital.  Snow plows are getting stuck.

My husband finally cracked yesterday on the phone (he’s in the warm south at a conference) – he’s not much of a talker and he finally let out how upset he is that I am having to do any of this.  He flies back tomorrow night but I don’t even think he will be able to get from the airport to our house. Interstate is closed and there are driving bans most places.

picturemeurs:  Twins!! That’s awesome – congratulations.  (I’m sure it is also terrifying – twice as much coming!)

ShellVee:  CONGRATULATIONS!!! That’s good news. 

Post # 7
208 posts
Helper bee

glacier_gal:  Oh my gosh…stay safe!  I feel for both of you; it must be so hard on him to be away.  At least you’re getting good exercise?

I have continued to be a lump; I have totally been making excuses for myself and need to get off my butt.  Before work I’ve been feeling a little nauseous and have to eat right away, and then after work I’m exhausted and want to go straight to bed…but I have to find time.

picturemeurs:  Twins!  I don’t know if I could even wrap my head around twins, although DH and I were both trying to brace ourselves just in case (twins do run in my family and we used Clomid to conceive which further uppd our chances), but not this time.  I’m sure you’re already falling in love with both little blobs 🙂  That is so exciting!

Post # 8
498 posts
Helper bee

picturemeurs:  OMG! No way! Congratulations!!!

ShellVee:  So glad to hear this!

littlestcapy:  We also used Clomid and were SO relieved to see only one little grain of rice in there this morning!

ROLL CALL

Due date: July 4th, 2015

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 11DPO

How long did you try before your BFP? Nine long months (and a miscarriage)

If trying for awhile, what was different this month? Clomid!

Any symptoms yet? Crazy food aversions (to stuff I usually love), near-constant queasiness, full boobs with incredibly sore and tender nips. 

What are you most excited about? Completing our family!

What are you most nervous about? Still just the health of the baby. Also starting to feel a bit nervous about juggling a toddler and a newborn.

What will you miss most while pregnant? Being skinny? LOL. I dunno. Nothing really. 

Who have you told so far? No one. Considering telling our families at Thanksgiving next week, but we’re not sure. We’d like to tell my in-laws, although it’s a big family event and we won’t have any alone time with them. So I think we might wait until we celebrate my husband’s birthday the week after Thanksgiving. We are spending the few days after Thanksgiving with my parents in my hometown, so hopefully we can tell them then. 🙂

All’s well here. I’m finally taking a deep breath. My due date has been officially moved up to the Fourth of July (kinda cool!), and the heart rate was 141 bpm — nice and strong! Finally feeling like we can start thinking about telling our families.  

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  redux.
Post # 9
314 posts
Helper bee

Sounds like a lot of you were thinking it could be twins.  Fortunately we do not have multiples in the family… I think that would cause me to panic.  So excited for @picturemeurs though!

littlestcapy:  We are clear.  My neighbor across the street has snowblower envy.  I might have to name our first born after this snowblower. 

Post # 10
498 posts
Helper bee

glacier_gal:  It’s funny. When we had a 20% chance of conceiving every cycle, I was a total defeatist and felt like OMG it’s never gonna happen. Then, when there’s a 10% chance of twins on Clomid, I’m convinced I’m going to be in that tiny minority. I guess I’m just a GD pessimist!

Post # 11
314 posts
Helper bee

redux:  well, what are the odds of triplets?  😀  maybe you could be in that tiny minority.  What do people even do with triplets… I mean, you can’t pick them all up at once.

Post # 12
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2013

ROLL CALL

Due date: July 25, 2014

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?):  18 -6 days (according to the two different calculators I used).

How long did you try before your BFP? 9 months

If trying for a while, what was different this month? Nothing was different from the other months we tried.

Any symptoms yet? Nausea, heightened smell, breast tenderness & exhaustion  

What are you most excited about? That it’s finally happening!

What are you most nervous about? I eventually have to push this baby out.

What will you miss most while pregnant? Wine

Who have you told so far? 1 friend who also let me know that she is also pregnant! We are due 1 month apart. 

Post # 13
6525 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

just updating you all-

yesterday I got a call from the Doc saying that my Hcg was 20,000! I am feeling a lot better bc on Nov 7 my Hcg was 166 – so its crazy to me how much its increased. I know its supposed to double every 48 hrs. 

I am going today after work for my second blood draw, hopefully it has increased.

Post # 14
257 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

ShellVee:  I’m so happy for you and your great ultrasound–congratulations!!! 🙂

Also, could you remove me from the roll call, please? My body apparently isn’t ready to miscarry naturally, but they are concerned about infection, so I am scheduled for a D&C tomorrow. The silver lining is that I’ll get all kinds of genetic testing done at the same time.

Post # 15
2293 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

ShellVee:  Thank you dear. Lovely pic of your bub! Isn’t it hard to believe that just the other day we we’re gearing up to stim and now we’re here?

redux:  Thanks and lovely heart rate, you must be feeling so relieved.

littlestcapy:  Thanks we are so inlove already. We did IVF and transferred two so yeah we had a little time while to wrap our heads around it.

glacier_gal:  Fantastic news what a great neighbour. I bet your DH must be so relieved.

ashylula:  Welcome!!!!

Daizy914:  Great news!!! FX for increasing betas.

The topic ‘July 2015 Mamas Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors