July 2017 POAS

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 3
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2016

afenimore11 :  I don’t think its too early! I’m in a similar situation and am also naively excited. Thanks for starting this! I’ve been lurking for a while and am happy to finally be joining! 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age:  26/26

Baby #:   1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: Not sure. FF estimates it to be around 6/16

POAS Date: July 1

Usual Cycle Length: This is only my second cycle off BCP so I’m still figuring it out. Last cycle was 25 days.

Cycles Trying:  This is the first!

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.):  Prenatals and charting CM. I tried temping last month but kept forgetting to do it before getting out of bed.

Trying anything new this month? Nearly everything is new! This is the first real month TTC!

Link to your chart if charting: N/A

For fun: What are you going to do this month besides TTC? Redoing our kitchen and painting the outside of our house.

Post # 5
1809 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/29

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 2

Ovulation Date: June 30th (hopefully sooner…)

POAS Date: July 14th

Usual Cycle Length: Only my 2nd month of BCP, but my last one was 35 days.

Cycles Trying: 2nd

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, temp charting, prenatals, OPKs

Trying anything new this month? Going to take up yoga to get my mind off of TTC and do something for myself. This last month (first cycle trying) was rough as I was completely obsessed, and my cycle was completely crazy from coming off BCP. 

For fun: What are you going to do this month besides TTC? Tons of house projects! DH is trying to keep me busy so I don’t go crazy.

Post # 6
1809 posts
Buzzing bee

afenimore11 :   tessa36 :  I’m in pretty much the same boat as you two except we tried last month. This is my 2nd cycle off BCP and my body has no idea what it is doing, lol.

Post # 8
1809 posts
Buzzing bee

afenimore11 :  I really hope it shortens a bit! I was glad I had decided to use OPKs because my O was so much later than I would have expected it (CD 26, but I was following the 28 day predition of CD14). That would have been very confusing when I didn’t get a period and didn’t get my BFP around day 28. But my luteal phase was only 9 days, so my main hope is for that to lengthen. 

How have you been feeling going off of BCP? My hormones went a little nuts at first (my sense of smell went into overdrive, causing a serious decrease in appetite), and now I’m dealing with all of the unfortunate period symptoms I used to get before BCP. No fun.

Post # 9
408 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Not 100% decided but its looking like July we will start TTC#2! I’ll be following along/lurking and do a roll call if (when) we decide to jump in! 

Post # 10
2241 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 27/26

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD4

Ovulation Date: June 18 (guestimation lol)

POAS Date: July 2 (trying to stick it out until AF is due)

Usual Cycle Length: Not 100% sure yet (this is my first cycle off BCP but it was around 28 days before I started taking it)

Cycles Trying: This is our first!

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals and BD timing

Trying anything new this month? Honestly, the whole thing is new lol! As we’re not sure when (if) I’m going to ovulate, we plan to BD pretty much every other day for the duration of my cycle just to make sure we’ve got all our bases covered. I’m sure there’ll be days when we really don’t feel like it or are just so busy that we fall into bed dead asleep at the end of the day, but that’s fine – we’re not going to force it, we’ve got time.

Link to your chart if charting: N/A

For fun: What are you going to do this month besides TTC? We’re actually renovating our home at the moment, so we’ll be spending most of our weekends working on that. We had a very busy April and May so the renos were neglected a little but it’s time to get straight back into it – we’re so close to finishing the stage one, I just want it done (we’ve added a second bathroom and powder room, as well as reconfigured the placement of the second and third bedrooms – with brand new built in robes – and the hallway).

Post # 11
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 29/32

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD16

Ovulation Date: all ny apps say tomorrow

POAS Date: not sure when this date should be?

Usual Cycle Length: 28-32

Cycles Trying: #2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): was charting but  everything was stressing me out so I stopped, but I did start taking prenatals

Trying anything new this month? Laying after BD instead of going straight to the washroom, which was apparently the mistake I did last month LOL

Link to your chart if charting: n/a

For fun: What are you going to do this month besides TTC? Getting docs ready to submit for graduate studies! 

Post # 14
2241 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

afenimore11 :  Hahaha this was the recommendation of my GP until we have a better idea of my cycle length (she is confident I will stick to around 28 days – I did stop taking the pill for about a year a few years ago and my cycles remained the same, so she said this is a good sign). I am totally not expecting that it’s going to happen that often – we would both be exhausted! I’ve even been thinking that we might wait until closer to my guestimated ovulation date and start BDing every other day then rather than starting as soon as AF ends. We’re kind of feeling things out this month – although it would be totally awesome if it did happen, I’m not expecting that I’ll fall pregnant right away.

I would love to see everyone’s renos! I think we bit off a little more than we could chew with ours – we’re literally renovating 1/4 of our house all at once. But it’s looking great and has been totally worth it – having a family bathroom will be a necessity when we actually do have kids lol.

Post # 15
1809 posts
Buzzing bee

afenimore11 :  I bought a big pack of cheap OPKs on amazon so that I could test as much as I wanted. I started on CD 10 and at first I tested once per day, and then when it got closer to the day I expected to O I started doing twice per day. For the evening test, I would try to stop drinking water and try not to pee after 3:00pm and then would test at 7pm, to make sure my pee wasn’t too diluted. After about 10 days of testing 2x per day I was convinced I had somehow missed my positive and went back down to 1x per day (still at 7pm) and I finally got a very clear positive on CD 26. I was getting frustrated because my lines would start to get a little darker and then just fade into nothing, so I was very relieved when I finally got an obvious positive. My OPKs are here for reference:

IMG_20170526_185859

The luteal phase is the time between when you ovulate and when you get your next period (or your BFP). Its typically about 2 weeks, but they say if it is shorter than 12 days it could be indicative of fertility issues, which is why I am hoping it gets longer. I was just going into 10 DPO all excited to start testing and suddenly got AF, so that was rough. 

I’ve picked up most of this info from weddingbee, fertility friend, and good old google 🙂 

JessieFay13 :  We started trying last month with the every other day method and phew, we were exhausted! We were actually really relieved when I ovulated and we could stop, lol!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors