July 2017 POAS

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 91
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

SeaOfLove :  Good luck on your thesis!

amanda1988 :  Congrats on the closing! Taking a week off is smart — I remember there was SO much to do (like cleaning, I swear our prior owners never dusted….despite our contract saying they needed to have it professionally cleaned) after we closed. Paying someone to at least do the heavy lifting in cleaning up your yard might be worth it.

Post # 92
6068 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

magnolia929 :  yeah so the place was sooo dirty that our realtor gifted us a pro cleaning. the two women were there from 9am to 12:30 yesterday and honestly it’s still a little dirty.. it was just so dusty that when the mop water dried it left clumps!

still, waay better.  the cleaners husband does landscaping, so we will get a quote from him too!

Post # 93
251 posts
Helper bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 29/ 33

Baby #: #1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1, AF has just arrived

Ovulation Date: 14th, based on a 40d cycle

POAS Date: 28th

Usual Cycle Length: anything from 30 to 43

Cycles Trying: #6, we started in january. Thanks endless cycles^^

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, OPK, check CM

Trying anything new this month? I’ll see my gyn on the 14th, I’ll talk to her about my long cycles. It has gotten worse every month, starting from 30 days after BC, my last cycle was 43 days and this is driving me nuts.

For fun: What are you going to do this month besides TTC? 8 days of AI vacation in Turkey and finish my wedding prep for august

Post # 94
251 posts
Helper bee

SeaOfLove :  Good luck for your master thesis! The feeling afterwards will be amazing 🙂

Post # 95
4233 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

nightowl :  I felt very anxious about our FW at first too… I think I still kinda do.  With DH’s anxiety and medication, I always wonder if we’ll get to BD enough for it to work.  Babydust to you this cycle <3

magnolia929 :  Thank you, dear!

annili :  Thank you!  I’m so excited for that feeling… It will be SO nice!

Post # 96
2241 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

So in non-TTC news, we are 95% sure that I broke my little toe on my left foot on Saturday morning 🙁 I smashed it into a doorframe, although I have no idea how I did it that hard as I was just walking. My foot is still a little swollen and really bruised today – wearing shoes of any kind is painful, but I’m going to hobble through the workday!

I also think I’ve just entered my TWW (if I O’d yesterday as my app estimated I would). As I’ve previously mentioned, this is also my first month off BC so I’m judging based on my cycles prior to going on BC (I stopped taking BC a few years ago for a year and my cycles immediately went back to normal, so my doctor is hopeful the same thing will happen this time). I was getting some pains on my left side late last week which seem like they may have been O pains, so we’ll see how we go. Just to be safe, DH and I will continue BD-ing every second day until AF. 

amanda1988 :  Congratulations on the new house! That was so nice of the realtor to do – when we closed on our house, the previous owners hadn’t done any cleaning and they’d even left stuff there that they didn’t want! We mentioned it to the realtor and he was apologetic but basically said there was nothing he could do. So we spent 3 evenings after work cleaning the house and getting rid of all the crap before moving in. So annoying!!

SeaOfLove :  Good luck with your thesis! Also have my fingers crossed for you falling pregnant this month too!

Post # 97
4233 posts
Honey bee

JessieFay13 :  Thank you, dear! Babydust to you and good luck in your TWW!!

Post # 98
4233 posts
Honey bee

I’m at CD 5 today and my bbt has been in post-O range three out of the past 5 days. I hope it’s only because it’s been so warm here… My allergies have been horrible the past couple days too. Hopefully my bbt isn’t too strange this cycle and I can detect O. I’ll still be using OPKs this cycle.

Post # 99
66 posts
Worker bee

amanda1988 :  That was nice of your realtor! Yeah, despite deep cleaning our place the first couple of days, it probably took another month of regular cleaning to feel like we finally got rid of all of the dust!

Post # 100
642 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 33/35

Baby #: #2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD2 just got my period yesterday 🙁

Ovulation Date: Should  be July 2nd or 3rd

POAS Date: 14th

Usual Cycle Length: 26 days

Cycles Trying: This will be #4, Went off the pill in March but didn’t start trying until April. 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, OPK, check CM

Trying anything new this month? I really don’t know what is going on. I’m thinking I’m ovulating 3 days after my positive OPK? So I’m going to try BDing more after my positive. 

For fun: What are you going to do this month besides TTC? Go to 3 concerts and celebrate my son’s 2nd birthday! 

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/july-2017-poas/#ixzz4kTCYDEaJ

Post # 101
736 posts
Busy bee

Had kind of an emotional day yesterday when we were looking at our finances and wondering if we really can afford to be looking at houses AND be TTC this year. DH just finished grad school–we’d always said that we would think about children after he was done–and is hoping to find a FT job soon, but in the last month and a half, he hasn’t had many calls back. With him working just part time, it WOULD be tight (but not impossible). But I just feel like in 9+ months, surely he will get a full time job! I’ve already met my deductible this year due to some chiropractic needs, so it seems like now until the first three months of next year would be the ideal time to conceive so we didn’t have to meet two separate deductibles for insurance for just one pregnancy… ugh timelines and money! I just feel like if we wait, and wait, there will always be *something.* AF is just finishing up, and now I really just don’t know our plan of action. We still want to try–but is that being not smart? We are not in a bad financial situation on our own, but I know the cost of a baby can be unpredictable…

Post # 103
736 posts
Busy bee

lovebirds2016 :  Yesterday morning, he was saying things like, “I don’t think now is a good time since I don’t have something solid yet,” (which saddened me because he has really been looking forward starting a family and I know he feels like he is failing because he doesn’t have a FT job yet). But by the end of the day he was feeling more optimistic and said, “I think we can still try, we don’t know how long it will take for either thing.” We have friends who are definitely in more difficult financial situations who are making it work with one or more babies…

Honestly, I think we actually need to see a mortgage broker and find out how much we really do need for a down payment. That 20% makes things seem really difficult in my head, but I know there are first time home buyer options. And there is always the possibility that we could just keep renting.

Post # 104
4233 posts
Honey bee

whitemochi622 :  Buying a house is not a trivial task… especially if income is difficult.  However, you two know your financial situation best.  There are lots of people who have babies under more difficult circumstances that make it work.  I’m glad you and your DH are on the same page with things.  Best of luck with your DH finding a job and looking for a house <3

Post # 105
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

whitemochi622 :  this is a tough situation!  My husband and I started TTC when he had about 3 months left before his PHD defense. We were so sure he would have a job within a month or two after that as he had been applying for jobs already.  It ended up being 7 months after he finished his PhD that he got a job and that started with a phone interview in December then a call in late January to schedule a mid February in person interview and end of February/beginning of march before he got the offer. Now unfortunately we are dealing with infertility issues so 15 months later were still TTC, but I also realize had we not had issues and gotten pregnant right away or within a few months we could’ve been making a move with a newborn which would have been a whole different set of challenges.  don’t get me wrong I would much rather have moved with a newborn than be dealing with infertility but you never know what’s going to happen. So my advice is look at all the possible outcomes and try to be you’re ready no matter what life throws at you. For example what happens if you end up on bed rest and hubby still only has a part time job– financially can you make that work?

As for buying a house and TTC, both can be huge financial decisions.  I’d take a look at your finances and really see what you feel you can afford.  We were looking at buying a house but ended up renting instead as we had to prioritize a baby and fertility treatments ahead of putting a down payment on a house. So maybe if it comes down to one or the other you’ll have to see which is more important for you right now.

I don’t want to push you one way or the other just giving you some advice from someone who’s had to make a lot of decisions like this in the past 15 months.  None of these are easy decisions and they can be really hard emotionally.  Really the only thing you can do is talk with your husband and come up with a plan that works for you.  Good luck in whatever you and your hubby decide to do!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors