July 2017! Where are you in planning?

posted 5 months ago in July 2017
Post # 2
1462 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Hello! Our date is July 29th! I am feeling really confident in my planning so far. In fact I’m in sort of a lull, I can’t figure out what to do next. Anyway, so far we have:

Guest list and addresses finalized

Wedding website made

Photog/videog

Officiant booked

Venue for ceremony and reception

Bridal party asked, 3/12 officially have their dress/suits

Flower girls and ring barers asked

DJ/ ceremony musician hired

Florist hired, making a mock up drawing of my bouquet

HMUA selected

Got inspo pictures for H&MU

Caterer chosen, tasting TBD

STDs sent

Hotel blocks created

Home for bridal party for 2 nights before the wedding booked

My dress is here, as are my earrings

Waiting on my shoes in the mail

Wedding rings in the first stages of being custom made

Registry created

Dresses bought for bridal shower and rehersal dinner

What I still need to do in the next couple of months:

Figure out how I’m going to bustle my dress, get it done

Design/print/mail invites

Decide on our cake/dessert

Finalize rehearsal dinner

But damn, I’m feeling good!

Post # 3
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

I’m designing invites at the moment!
I’ve booked all my vendors, all I’ve pretty much got left is a few DIY things. Smooth sailing here on out!(I probably shouldnt have said that..)

Post # 4
472 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Scottish Rite

My date is July 22nd as well! Just ordered Save the Dates and Invitations/RSVPs. Plan on sending the Sve the Dates as soon as I get them in! 

Already have the deposit down on cake

In the process of getting quotes on flowers

Venue is reserved just have to have a security deposit put in by a month before the big day.

Have a block of hotel rooms blocked for our guests since the wedding is somewhat a destination wedding.

Going dress shopping on Sunday! 🙂 

Post # 6
86 posts
Worker bee

I love July boards!!! 🙂  I am a July 8th bride and everything has been coming together pretty well.  So far I have:

-My dress, but it is currently in the process of being altered
-Venue (caterer comes with venue)
-Save the Dates sent out
-DJ
-Photographer and Videographer
-Cake
-Minister (we finalized that this past weekend!! Yay!!)
-Hair and makeup
-Bridesmaids gifts (I got monogrammed robes and tote bags for them, so cute!!)
-Favors (personalized cups and koozies)

I am currently working on:

-Shoes for my dress (I want no added height but without the “flats” look… working on it)
-Invitations!!! I am having so much trouble with this but it’s due to my own silliness.
-Finalizing one of the hotel room blocks/shuttle bus
-His wedding ring
-Cute directional signs to point towards our venue (it’s on a ranch and on country roads, so easy to miss without signs!)
-Finish wedding website
-Register! We haven’t done that yet, plan to do so in March.

I love hearing from other July brides! None of my friends around me have gotten married so it’s fun to talk to people online about it 🙂

Post # 7
472 posts
Helper bee

andielle :  Oh man, I feel you on that dress drama. I originally bought a sample dress from a bridal boutique but it wasn’t able to be altered down to my size without tremendously messing up the structure of the dress. So now I am on the hunt for a new dress. I go to David’s Bridal on Sunday! Fingers crossed I find the dress. 

Having some issues finding a good wedding photographer too that doesn’t charge up the wazoo! Some that I have been inquiring about are charging $3000 +. 

Post # 9
472 posts
Helper bee

andielle :  Well! Good news is that I found a photographer yesterday. Secured them with a deposit today. She’s doing our engagement photos and I asked her if she could travel to our wedding and even with her travel it’s going to cost a lot less than the local photographers where we’re getting married! 

Post # 10
293 posts
Helper bee

July 15th here… and I think I’m ahead of the game…

I’ve booked:

– The Officiant and we have already talked about the ceremony on created our own personal I do’s,

– The Location and have set up the floor plan for the reception

– The photographer and discussed “MUSTS” for the photos

– The Caterer and set out our menu items

– The decorator and have chosen our décor

– The florist and have set out the colours and style of arrangements.

– The DJ (but still need our DON’T play list… lol)

– My Hairstylist (still need my trial)

– My make-up artist (Still need my trial)

– Booked our ceremony musician (I’m lucky here as my son and his GF are extremely talented)

– The Limo

I’ve done:

– The guest list (needs to be finalised)

– The Center pieces (yes I did them myself to save a bit of money)

– The ceremony decorations (again I made them but the decorator will set everything up)

– asked all of our attendants (and they all said yes)

– Purchased our attendants Thank You Gifts.

– Created and received our invitation and purchased postage.

– I purchased my flower girl dress (for my 18 month old Niece… my only brother’s only child so she’s pretty special)

– Purchased our rings.

What we have left to do:

– Have my Trials

– Order bridesmaid’s dresses (first week of Feb)

– Reserve menswear (Feb or March)

– Book our honeymoon (Feb or March)(We already know where we are going)

– Order wedding Favours (April)

– Address (April) and send the invites (May)

– Create a seating plan (June)

And Pick up our marriage licence (end of June early July)

So Ya I’m feeling pretty accomplished and relaxed at this point… laughing

Post # 11
501 posts
Busy bee

Assembling our invitations at the minute and started ballroom classes 😀 FI doesn’t want to be feeling awkward on the dance floor, so he suggested the ballroom, I nearly fell off my chair!

All the big things have been secured/paid off. Meeting with the caterer next month. First fitting next month. Checking out the florists mockups at the end of this month. Aiming to have the invites out by valentines

Post # 12
947 posts
Busy bee

andielle :  

misschic94 :  

Another 22nd here! I have most things set, all I have left to do is have the invitations made, my dress altered, pick out our rings, and finalize some decorating details with the wedding planner. I still think there is plenty of time for all that. Other details like playlist and (possibly) dance practice can be done a little later. Is it ok to feel this relaxed? Thank God for wedding planners.

Post # 13
981 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - The Lodge at Little Seneca Creek

I’m getting married on the 28th. We have booked all of our vendors. Woohoo! Just working on some small details now. I’m going to get my dress altered in a couple of weeks, and my FI is currently in the process of picking out the suit he’d like to wear. It feels like everything is coming together so nicely!

Post # 14
26 posts
Newbee

Hi bees!  Glad to hear everything is going smoothly!  FI and I had a huge planning weekend last weekend where we met with our officiant, visited decor rental spots, flower spots, and did our tasting!  Lots to do now that we have more info (the schedule of the day!  ahh!) but we feel like we are moving along.  My in-laws and parents were all there so there was stress to be sure, and the in-laws really commandeered the weekend with making us look at spots for rehearsal dinners (and didn’t care too much about all the wedding elements that I had scheduled).  Oh well!  

Good luck lovelies!

Post # 15
472 posts
Helper bee

littlebee94 :  I wish I had a wedding planner! That’s my job with this wedding. I was able to get my dress last Sunday and luckily it won’t need any alterations. We just need to get our decor for the tables and food figured out at this point. Everything else is taken care of 🙂 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors