July 26, 2014 Brides…How far are you with planning? (or around that date)

posted 3 years ago in July 2014
Post # 3
Hostess
10863 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Soon-to-be Mrs. Baranick: You’ve got a load sorted! Good luck with the videographer as that must be a hard one to find and trust. Less than a year to, it will fly by 😉

Post # 4
951 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@Soon-to-be Mrs. Baranick:  I’m just a couple weeks before you and I’ve finalized the guest list, sent STDs, designed invites and bought the supplies to make them, venue (all-in-1), photographer, caterer, DJ, met with the florist but waiting on proposal, have cake tasting set, set meeting with officiant, picked out wedding bands, starting on centerpiece trials, have apothecary jars for candy buffet, bought my dress, have the grand exit planned (confetti-less streamer poppers), altar decor is arranged, and I think that might be it…

Post # 6
330 posts
Helper bee

@Soon-to-be Mrs. Baranick:  date twins! ok I think I have a handle on things… I sent the save the dates, booked the venue, caterer, DJ, photographer, videographer, photo booth, my dress, picked out the bridesmaids dresses, and I ordered my FI’s wedding band just waiting for the engraving to be done. I have absolutely no idea what i’m doing for the centerpieces or the invitations. I think we are doing awesome!

Post # 8
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Omg, I feel so behind. I just finished finals at school, so the next few weeks are all wedding planning (and Christmas, of course).

All I’ve done is book the ceremony, ask my bridesmaids, we had one cake tasting (and another this Saturday), started the guest list and scheduled catering tastings (which they can’t do until January). I was supposed to go dress shopping last weekend but we had a family emergency so that will have to be put off until January too.

I’m so afraid July is going to sneak up on me and I’ll be unprepared. 

Post # 9
27 posts
Newbee

I feel like I’m so behind! So far, we’ve narrowed down the guest list and I’ve been looking into a million venues (visited a few). We have a few ideas for date, but we haven’t picked one yet because it’ll depend on which venue we go with.

Post # 10
69 posts
Worker bee

I have been engaged for almost a year and getting married in july 2014. we waited so i can be done with school and finish student teaching but in this time i have…

invites made and printed

envelopes ordered and addresses ready to go

programs made

church 

date

reception hall (caterer comes with it)

photographer

centerpeices made (DIY) 

most bridesmaids dresses (they all have different because of age difference)

bridesmaide jewlery bought

dress and veil bought

honeymoon booked

a pope blessing mailed in 

many things bought and ready to go!!!!! 

Post # 10
13 posts
Newbee

We have the same date 🙂 so far venue,dj,photographer, BM dresses, std out working on invites. Ordering flowers tomorrow now I just have all the little stuff which is a lot I feel overwhelmed ughugh

Post # 11
6 posts
Newbee

I have the same date! And today is 4 months to go! 

What we have done:

-Photographer booked

-Hair and makeup trial and appt set for wedding date

-Invitations in envelopes with addresses on them

-Wedding website complete

-Registry complete

-Guest list just about finalized

-Dress bought, just need to do alterations

-Still looking for shoes!

-Need to do my DIY centerpieces soon

-Caterer chosen, tasting has been done

-Church and reception venue booked

Still need to meet with wedding coordinators at church and priest/deacon to figure out ceremoney. But I can’t believe it’s 4 months today!

Post # 13
951 posts
Busy bee

Soon-to-be Mrs. Baranick:  Besides the officiant issue that I just posted about – things are still going smoothly.  Invites were mailed out on Saturday (yay!) and we got to meet with the DOC yesterday.  We did a small upgrade with her so that she’d set up the photobooth and candy buffet that I’m DIY’ing and I don’t need to recruit friends to do it.  Our friends have gone above and beyond on the set-up/take-down of all the weddings in our group over the last year or so and we really wanted to make sure they could just party at ours.  So $250 was totally worth it. 

Next up: centerpieces!  My dad chopped a big ole branch off a Dogwood in the yard for me because I need “sticks” for vases.  I honestly thought he was joking when he said he’d chop the tree down for me when I showed him my new idea, but nope.  He was working in the yard yesterday and told me to check the side of the house.  The “branch” he took off is taller than I am!  I think he’s excited I’m using sticks in the wedding – my dad puts sticks in vases all over their house.  It’s his go-to decorating technique.  lol!

Post # 15
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Everything is going well. I don’t really feel stressed yet, so hopefully that continues. I am just working on some details at this point. My current project is centerpieces. I was planning on taking a trip to Ikea today to see what kind of supplies they have and for some cheapo inspiration, but my FI is sick so I am being a good fiancee today and taking care of him instead.

I have also been searching for shoes and am kind of at a standstill. My main color is navy blue so I wanted low heels for the ceremony (FH isn’t much taller than me), but I haven’t found any with a low enough heel that fit my wide feet and aren’t like $200. I am seriously considering ordering custom Converses with “Mrs W 072614” embroidered on them and calling it a day. No one really sees my shoes anyway. 

I live in St. Petersburg, FL! The Don CeSar is really nice and has some cool history. It is way hot down here in late July/August, so come prepared.  Let me know if you want some recs on things to do in the area. I love St Pete. 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors