Post # 1
Hey fellow July brides. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has worried about forgetting something in these final few months leading up to the wedding. Want to share your to-do lists so we can compare and maybe remind one another of what’s left?
Post # 3
I have a ton left:
– Groomsmen: rent suit or tux (haven’t decided), find shirts, socks and ties (so they coordinate)
– Bridesmaid: order dresses, send email regarding shoes and jewelry
– Paper: finish invites, figure out what to do about menu, program and escort cards
– Reserve hotel for wedding night and night after (we’re not going on our honeymoon until Monday)
– Bleach my teeth
– Get hair extensions
– Select pie flavors (we’re not doing cake)
– Finish registry (need to pick out our china pattern and dish patterns)
– Select food for rehearsal dinner (I’m not hosting, but I’m planning since it’s in my homestate)
– Finalize our photobooth
– Find a “Just Married!” or “Thank you!” sign for pictures (haven’t decided what to get)
– Figure out guestbook
I think that’s it… maybe
Post # 4
@MissKatelyn: Maybe this will make you feel better… The only things I have are: the dress, the photographer, the invitations (not printed), and the venue. I don’t even have a caterer yet. Talk about procrastinating.
Post # 5
I still need to book blocks of rooms at a hotel for guests, find music for the ceremony, make programs for the ceremony, reserve a place for the rehearsal dinner, book a honeymoon, rent chairs for the ceremony/reception, and probably a million things I haven’t even thought of. Eek!
Post # 6
- Choose our songs
- Choose our readings
- Buy my shoes and veil
- Design our invitations, programs, etc (doing them ourselves!)
- Decide favors
- Choose florist
- Cake design
- Figure out my hair style
- Buy accessories like ring bearer pillow, unity candle, guestbook,
- Bridesmaids’ gifts
- Parents’ gifts
And more things that I’ll post as I think of them. 🙂
Post # 7
I have tons left to do, these last few months are going to be busy!
- flower girl dress
- ring bearer vest/slacks/dress shirt
- dudes suits (including groom)
- ladies dresses
- finalize photog contracts
- get marriage license (not until 3 months out though)
- get quotes for table/chair rentals (finalize #’s of chairs/tables @ venue)
- finialize guest addresses & finish tweaking invite/rsvp design
- finish sewing napkins
- make faux-to booth props
- various wedding signage
- kids table activities & games
- gather/buy/make lawn games
- table runners
- paper lanterns
- fireworks for after party
- centrepieces & table numbers
- diy arbour/altar thing
- bathroom baskets
- card box
- hotel block
- cupcake tree
- consultation with florist
- hair trials/bookings
- dress alterations(done/first fitting April 14th)
I know there are definitely more things, but this is the general list at the moment, this weekend I hope to cross napkins, consultations, chair quotes, and maybe a few other diys off the list.
Post # 8
July seems so close yet so far away, right?
I still have to book a limo/transportation, buy our thank you gifts for our wedding party and parents, do my 2nd dress fitting, order invitations, do my hair and makeup trial, get our marriage license, book our hotel for the night of, and schedule our final detail meetings with all of our vendors.
Post # 9
Are you guys getting to the point where you just want to get it over with already?
Post # 10
@MrsMcGyro:Completely!!! I feel like for a year now I have come up with ideas half of which didn’t pan out and I am burnt out!!!
I am not posting my to do list because frankly I’m to scared of how long it would be!!
Post # 11
@carriejuly: Long engagements are a blessing and a curse! At least we’re almost done!
Post # 12
Im still waiting to hear back from the Bishop if the Catholic church will recognize our ceremony since its not in a church! I’m not Catholic but FI is…. so thats a HUGE one!
* Finish with Flowers
* Rehersal Dinner info – FI mom is driving me INSANE
* Address invites (wedding is an hr away from everyone)
* Groom & GM attire
* Wedding night rooms
* Find a place for the officiants & the men
* finish getting centerpieces together
* EVERYTHING for candy buffett
* No Idea on Cake or Cupcakes yet!
I’m sure there are TONS more IM not thinking of
Post # 13
Definitely starting to feel like I’m ready for it to be over! Most of the BIG stuff is done but I still have to:
- Order suits for GM (last one getting measured this week!)
- Find Earrings
- Finish getting gifts for BM/GM
- BOOK A HONEYMOON
- Print invitations
- Book a bartender
- Choose readers and readings for ceremony
- Fill OOT bags and bathroom baskets
- Sew fabric bunting
- Buy wedding bands
- Get a Card box/ Guest book
- Schedule hair and make-up trials
I’m sure there is more!
Post # 14
@carriejuly: I feel the same way! My list seems huge!!
Post # 15
sooooooo ready for it to be wedding time (could just be sick of the winter too though & wanting it to be summer haha).
Post # 16
The main things are invitations, flowers, and SO’s outfit. But I’m sure there are a bunch of little things I haven’t even thought of yet.