Post # 1
I got engaged April 12 2010… and getting married next summer (2011) SO excited with the planning! However, we keep jumping back and forth and cannot seem to settle on a date!!! With all the planning to do in the months ahead WE NEED A DATE… and have narrowed it down to July 16th 2011 or August 6th. We are from Montreal, Canada and last year it rained ALL JUNE and JULY. We really liked July 16 but are worried about weather and people leaving for vacation!!! HELP I’d love your feedback!!!
Post # 3
I don’t think there is much of a difference at all between July and August but I would pick August since it sounds like you may be a little nervous having a July date due to the past summer season.
Post # 4
I say July. The humidity only increases in August!!!
Post # 5
I say July – two weeks isn’t really going to make much difference in the weather and you and your Fiance seem to prefer the July date.
Post # 6
What about choosing a ceremony site and then taking the one of the two dates that’s free? If there’s no attachment to either date and it’s purely due to weather then that’s what I’d do.
Post # 7
I would stay flexible until you talk to venues – we changed our proposed dates a few times due to venue availability.
Post # 9
I agree to wait until you get your venue. We didn’t finalize our date until we chose the venue. We just knew we wanted summer.
Post # 10
@bakerella: True it does get quite humid!!! Thanks for your feedback! 🙂
Post # 11
@Mrs.KMM: Right… two weeks is not like two months! 🙂 Thanks!
Post # 12
littlemissmoo , Future Mrs. Martin, & Angela83 : Well the venue is not the problem (it’s at my parents estate) The only problem is having to book the photographer, catering, dj, minister and everything else for a set date… Thanks so much for your feedback… good luck to all! 🙂
Post # 13
I voted July 16… but I’m biased… that’s the date of my first date with my (very) soon to be hubby.