(Closed) June 18, 2010

posted 8 years ago in June 2010
Post # 3
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hi, MelyMae.  I’m not a June 18th bride or a Friday bride, but I am a June 2010 off-Saturday bride.  I too have found we’ve not only gotten a fair amount of discounts for our Sunday wedding, but have had our pick of some popular vendors that were already completely booked for Saturdays. 

Post # 4
148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony: Catholic Church, Reception: Hotel Ballroom

Mely — not only am I a June 18th, 2010 bride…but I’m also a WI bride!  🙂  What are the chances?  Where are you having your wedding? 

We decided to have a Friday wedding for the same reason as you — it’s a lot cheaper.  We’re paying for it ourselves, so a Saturday wedding was pretty much out.  🙂

Post # 6
4001 posts
Honey bee

Hey, I’m a June 18th bride too!  We chose it for the very same reason.  It’s so much cheaper!  It wasn’t just that the plate cost was less expensive but the minimum guests was less and we could have the reception until whenever we want to leave.  Cool huh?  For some reason its the only day they’ll do it.  I was worried about doing a Friday as opposed to a Sunday but then I figured it give the guests the rest of the weekend to relax.  Can’t wait, 9 more months!

Post # 7
1230 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I’m a June 18 bride as well!!! We picked this date because that is when the church was available but I have found that some things are a lot more affordable having a Friday night wedding instead of a Saturday wedding!

Post # 9
256 posts
Helper bee

Technically I am both a June 19th and a June 18th bride.  Our (mandatory) civil ceremony will be on the 18th, followed by our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, the religious ceremony and reception are on the 19th.  I am super excited about the civil ceremony date, we just fixed it today at town hall!  I was worried that it wouldn’t be available and that we would have to do the civil ceremony at an earlier time when my family might not have arrived in France yet…So yay for June 18th!!!

Post # 10
2397 posts
Buzzing bee

I am a June 18, 2010 bride as well!  We decided to get married on a Friday because of the decreased cost for the reception and because of the increased availability of vendors.  We’ve booked our photographer, reception site, church and DJ without any scheduling issues, which is great considering we got engaged just 3 weeks ago!

Post # 11
2397 posts
Buzzing bee

Wooo… 5 months to go for us, ladies!  It seems so far away, but it’s actually pretty close!

Post # 12
2397 posts
Buzzing bee

4 months now!  *taps mic* Any of you guys out there??  How’s the planning coming along?  Can’t believe the big day is getting so close…!

Post # 13
9 posts
Newbee

Im a June 18, 2010 bride! I’m very excited but also very nervous. The planning is coming along well for us. We still need to book a photographer, videographer and transportation. But there’s also a bunch of other odds and ends that we need to take care of that if I continue to think about them will cause me to slip slowly into madness lol. One thing at a time…inhale…exhale.

Other than that, things are great!

Post # 14
4001 posts
Honey bee

I know!  It feels like a long way off but then whenever I talk to people they’re always saying, “Its so close now!” and I get a bit freaked out.  Yikes! 

Post # 15
2397 posts
Buzzing bee

100 days left for us!!!  I can’t believe it!

The topic ‘June 18, 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors