(Closed) June 2010 brides!

posted 8 years ago in June 2010
Post # 3
4382 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!

We have venue, church, dress (!!!), photog, caterer, dj, ceremony musicians, (45) rooms blocked off, and florist. πŸ™‚

Post # 4
2476 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hi @reverie1281!  πŸ™‚

I’m a June 5th bride-to-be, and so far we have our STDs, ceremony + reception site, photographer, my dress…  also, invitations are in the works.  We still have a lot to do!  The next thing on my “to do list” is to find a good reputable DJ.  Where in CA are you located? 

Post # 5
674 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I’m now officially a June 5th bride (I was a June 12th. Kinda sad about it but oh well.)

We have the date set with the church, my dress is ordered, and today we booked the reception venue and with the venue comes, food, and a dj and people to help me set up, and they even have a disco ball and a bubble machine lol! We also booked the honeymoon today too.

I’m trying to set up a photographer (we know 3 really good photographers but oh yeah two are my MOH’s and one is his Best Man) but it involves my slightly unreliable MOH talking with her. (It’s her boss) But hopefully I’ll see them both Sunday and I’ll just talk to her.

Post # 6
256 posts
Helper bee

Welcome to the June 2010 club Reverie!

We actually have an entire board dedicated to our month – you’ll find it at the top of the boards list under “month twins”…There are several threads started already!

Post # 7
212 posts
Helper bee

Well so far Bridesmaid dresses , church, dj , reception that comes with food/limo/flowers/cake..and are in the process of making Std’s ..and may have a photopgrapher ..Sounds like alot ..but really it doesn’t feel like it…Always have a feeling that i should be doing more …

Post # 8
2475 posts
Buzzing bee

We have the ceremony and reception place booked, and I just finally decided on my dress!  Other than that, it seems like I have a lot of ideas in my head of what I want for other details…like bm dresses, flowers, honeymoon etc…but nothing actually in the works yet.  I feel like time is flying and I have so much to do!

Post # 9
6661 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

Haha, it changes everyday for me!!

I have the church and reception room booked, my dress purchased, photographer/videographer booked, band booked. I’ve blocked off rooms at two hotels for our guests and booked my own room for the weekend. I have preliminarily chosen a bmaid dress and I know we’re just renting regular tuxes for the guys. I have a draft from our flower/decor company, but I need to completely change it to be less expensive and we haven’t sent a deposit yet. I just ordered our STD’s yesterday!

I still have to decide where we’re getting our hair and makeup done, plan the rehearsal dinner, choose guest favors, decide on the menu, oh gosh probably a lot more I can’t remember!

Post # 10
4001 posts
Honey bee

Ah, you don’t know neurotic until you’ve met me lol.  Just kidding but I’m a go getter with our wedding plans… so maybe I’m not kidding…?

Anyway, we have almost everything!  We got our venue, booked the bridal suite, officiant, DJ, photographer, videographer, wedding bands, my dress and shoes, all the accessories like champagne flutes, cake cuter, etc.  And we just put down the deposit on the honeymoon.  We did a longer engagement so we could do it all earlier and have plenty of time to pay for it.

I don’t think there’s ever ‘too early’!

Post # 12
751 posts
Busy bee

we have the church, reception, dress, bridesmaid dresses,bridesmaid shoes, and we are looking at wedding bands soon. And half the flowers are done.

Post # 13
327 posts
Helper bee

We have the church, reception venue (caterer comes with it), photographer, florist, band, we are working with a designer on our save the dates (and our invites, a little), I have my dress and veil. I’ve booked a hairstylist for me, my mom and bridal party and I’m interviewing a make-up artist/artists for the same group. We are in the final stages of negotiating with a hotel for the wedding night, a block of rooms and our farewell brunch. We also reserved venues for our welcome BBQ and rehearsal dinner. I also found a dress for the rehearsal dinner. I feel like we have accomplished more, but I guess not….

I agree that it is never too early to start!

Post # 14
674 posts
Busy bee

Ugh you go getters! Why must you have so much more done then me? lmao!

I can’t pick bridesmaid dresses to save my life. Or flowergirl dresses either. πŸ™

Post # 15
327 posts
Helper bee

Oh – I did that too. That is FUN! I loved that. I’m kind of bummed I found my dress so soon because I was looking forward to doing more shopping πŸ™

Are you going in person or looking online? Are you taking any of your ladies with you?

Post # 16
674 posts
Busy bee

Oh I already got my dress. πŸ™‚ I was saying I can’t decide on any bridesmaid or flowergirl dresses πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

The topic ‘June 2010 brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors