(Closed) June 2011 Brides – ROUND 2!!! Share your progress and plan!

posted 7 years ago in June 2011
Post # 3
14503 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

We are sending out our invites in the middle of May. We have had our cakes ordered for a while. We ordered 5 flavors with 5 different 10 inch cakes plus 2 pies.

The only alteration that I am needing on my dress is the buble hem bustle that I am having added all around the dress.

Really I think the only thing we need to do is meet with our caterer and choose our food.

I have to admit that everyday I get alittle more nervous everyday.

Post # 4
5572 posts
Bee Keeper

• When are you going to send your invites?

I’m planning on mine going out the last week of March. We have to have our final count to our venue by May 9th so I want to give them plenty of time!

• Did you order your cake? If yes, how many tiers? What flavors? Any special features?

FI’s brother is making cupcakes and we are well into the testing different flavors process. So far the flavors that we have locked in are almond vanilla cake with salted caramel frosting and red velvet cake with a cream filled center and cream cheese frosting!

• Is your gown ready? Does it need further alteration?

Yepp it’s stored safely in my Mom’s guest room! It will need very slight alterations. We’ll be having them done in early May, as close as possible due to any further sizing changes!

• Have you chosen the songs for First Dance, Father-Daughter Dance…?

Yes! Our first dance song will be “I Cross My Heart” by George Strait and the father-daughter dance song is “Edelweiss” from the “Sound of Music”

• How do you feel at this moment?

Overwhelmed!!! We’ve gotten so much done this month but it still feels like we have so many things (mostly DIY projects) left to do! I’m also excited! We’re almost to the 100 days to go mark and I’m thrilled!

Post # 6
Hostess
11299 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Great questions!

Hopefully beginning of March, though we need to decide on what we want to do about gifts…

• Did you order your cake? If yes, how many tiers? What flavors? Any special features?

My Mum’s making plain or vanilla flavour cupcakes to be served in the evening with coffee and tea. We’re cutting into a tier of cheeses as like our cake and the cheese will be served in the evening with bread, crackers and chutneys.

I’m trying it on the 10th May to see what alterations need doing.

First dance is ‘Into the Mystic’ by Van Morrison. My Mum’s giving me away so I bet we’ll have a good bop to something instead.

Excited! But scared I wont get the invitations done in time and things like the BM dresses that I ordered, based on measurements the BMs gave me wont fit.

Post # 7
973 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Im thinking in March because our wedding is an hour away or more from everyone invited! and we have a B list

Did you order your cake? If yes, how many tiers? What flavors? Any special features?

I think we are doing cupcakes- still needing to work on this aspect

Is your gown ready? Does it need further alteration?

Dress is DONE! : ) in my guest bedroom right now!

1st Dance “Id find you” by Chris Cagle  Father Daughter- “Cinderella” by Steven Curtis Chapman  & Mydaughter/ FI dance – “Cross My Heart” George Strait

•  How do you feel at this moment?

Excited just trying to figure out what to do next! : )

Post # 8
1096 posts
Bumble bee

I am planning on sending mine the middle of April. 8 weeks is April 23 and my shower is April 30 so as long as it’s before my shower I’ll be happy.

My mom is making my cake. I asked for 3 tiers but she wants to do 5 lol. I guess she and my stepdad will have plenty of leftover cake to eat up.

My first appointment for alterations is March 18.

First dance is My Best Friend by Tim McGraw. I think I’m going to dance with my brother (my father passed away so my brother is giving me away and doing the first dance) to I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack.

I’m a little overwhelmed. I feel like it’s been a hurry up and wait situation. I have a lot done but still need to do flowers which will be the end of April since that will be my only trip up to NY since we started planning the wedding up there. I feel like I should be doing so much more but I can’t.

Post # 9
5572 posts
Bee Keeper

@CatyLady:I’m scared about the fit of the BM dresses too…I can’t wait until they come in so we can find out! I also love your cutting into cheeses idea!

Post # 10
Hostess
11299 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@Running Elley: It’s awful isn’t it! I’ll relax when i’ve seen them and there’ll hopefully be OK. Keep our fingers crossed.

Post # 11
500 posts
Busy bee

I think I’m going to send mine out mid April or late May.  I haven’t even ordered them yet!!! eek!!!

Not yet!  The vendor is booked but it is not ordered. 

It’s here, but I haven’t started fittings yet. 

Nope

Ready for June to hurry up and get here

Post # 12
535 posts
Busy bee

When are you going to send your invites?

Early April I think

Did you order your cake? If yes, how many tiers? What flavors? Any special features?

Yes, we ordered it a few weeks ago.  It will be 3 tiers, 1st and 3rd will be coconut and the middle tier will be amaretto.  It will have ribbon tied around each tier with a bow and a pearl brooch in the middle of the bow (sounds a lot like yours big_monchhichi!) 

I ordered it in OCTOBER and it still isn’t here yet!!  It isn’t supposed to be here until mid-late march.  That’s what I’m stressing about right now!

Have you chosen the songs for First Dance, Father-Daughter Dance…?

First dance will be Marry Me by Train and I haven’t decided on Father-Daughter yet.

How do you feel at this moment?

Excited, ready for June and a little anxious!

Post # 13
13 posts
Newbee

Mine were mailed out yesterday! We plan to do a second wave of invitations if needed.

No- this is next on my to do list, but we did do the cake tasting. We’ve picked orange layer, vanialla layer, and than a marbled Orange/Vanilla. We plan to have tartan ribbon around each layer, with fresh flowers on top.

Ready to go. First fitting first weekend in May.

Yes. First dance-> Feels like Home.

Excited, Overwhelmed completely….time is going by fast ladies! Bring on June!

Post # 14
19 posts
Newbee

When are you going to send your invites?

I have a reminder set in my calendar to have them out mid-April.

Yes, that’s one thing I can definitely say is checked off the list!
We aren’t doing a traditional cake, but instead opting for cupcakes from my favorite bakery, along with a mini-cake for us. As far as flavors go, we’re doing carrot cake with vanilla bean cream cheese frosting, chocolate with chocolate glaze, and pomagranate with vanilla.

And, I decided yesterday that I’m going to try to craft our cake topper myself, so that should be interesting. 😉

After ordering 2 other dresses that didn’t work out, I’m waiting on my 3rd to arrive. *fingers crossed*

Have you chosen the songs for First Dance, Father-Daughter Dance…?

We’ve talked about using “Fade Into You” by Mazzy Star for our first dance.
My father will likely not be attending, so that’s not on the table.

How do you feel at this moment?

A bit overwhelmed by all that’s left to do and hoping it will all come together the way I envision, but mostly just excited. 🙂

Post # 15
338 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Probably in mid to late April.

Yep, ordered this over Christmas! It’s 4 tiers and round.  The top tier is German Chocolate, 2nd tier is German Chocolate, 3rd tier is red velvet, and bottom tier is yellow.  Sooo yummy!

Definitely not ready.  It needs to be taken in significantly in the chest area.. which is kinda funny to me, since I don’t typically have problems with things being too big in the chest area.  Not that I have huge boobs, but I’m a solid C, so it’s usually not an issue. I’m on week 5 of Weight Watchers though so I am hoping to lose more weight before I have my first fitting.  Still need to schedule it.

No.  But I am leaning towards Tim McGraw’s “My Little Girl”.. I just don’t like the line that says “Some day some boy will come and ask me for your hand, But between you and me, he won’t be good enough”.  Not quite the message I’m trying to send.. haha.  The decision is completely up to me, though.. my parents are both deaf so obviously my dad’s got no input on music :).  Picking the songs are kind of on the back burner right now though.

Just wanting it to be here!!!  I’m going to try to finish up the peacock feather boutonnieres this weekend.. after that it’s probably onto attempting a simple peacock feather headband for the ladies.  I never knew until last weekend how ridiculously hard it is to cut peacock feathers evenly and smoothly/rounded.  I butchered a few in my attempts to cut so I’m going to be ordering pre trimmed ones from etsy.. haha.  

Designed our invitations, so now just need to order them, create the menus and programs, and do a mockup of our centerpieces, figure out what we’re doing for flowers.. and then I’ll pretty much be done, I think!

Post # 16
156 posts
Blushing bee

End of March/early April.  I designed and made all the invites and inserts myself, so I have a few things to wrap up, and then we can send them out 🙂

Yes!  Lemon cake w/ lemon curd icing!  So delicious.  It will have three tiers with orange ribbon and some coordinating embellishments.

Gown is in and I had my first fittling.  Alterations have begun and I’ll have my next fitting in mid-May.

First dance: I Cross My Heart/George Strait

Father/daughter: Butterfly Kisses/Bob Carlisle

Ready!  I feel like I have so much time and money invested in this wedding and I’m so ready to start making improvements on our house and applying to grad schools now!

The topic ‘June 2011 Brides – ROUND 2!!! Share your progress and plan!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors