Post # 1
I need to get my butt in gear!
- pick groomsmen’s shirts (looking for green short-sleeve button-down shirts)
- find shoes for me
- buy khaki linen pants for Fiance
- pick our ceremony readings
- book hotel for our destination wedding
- book return flight from our destination wedding (right now we have a 1-way flight!)
- book our honeymoon
- whatever else I’m forgetting!
For our July reception
- pick table linen colors
- finalize menu
- meet with DJ for music selections
- pick special dance songs
Post # 3
Um, lots?!!! We’ve got a short engagement so I’m cranking on high gear. I need to do the following:
- Hit the mall this weekend with Fiance – need to confirm his ring size so we can order his wedding band, try some french cuff dress shirts and suits and shoes on so that’s taken care of.
- Order the guy’s ties and socks
- Order our guestbook
- Get some Elves to magically finish my tissue paper projects
- Meet with the Florist early next week
- Stalk our Post Office Box for RSVPs
- Start assembling our placecards
- Assemble our table numbers
- Finalize our dessert/candy buffet and order what’s needed
- Write our ceremony
- Finalize our music choices for special songs
- Get a must have shot list put together for the photog
- Get a hair & makeup trial done
- Try not to spazz out that my dress is being altered 1/2 at David’s and 1/2 by my mother
- Figure out what’s going on with a rehearsal dinner
- Decide if I’m making my own cake or book a baker if not
- Attend my shower & take care of thank yous
- Finish making my Thank You cards for the wedding
- Decide how crazy I’ll be if I attempt to make some yarn pom garlands
- Find jewelry, hair flower & undies for me to wear
- Order paper lanterns
- Finalize the menu with my mom and my work/venue
- Win the lottery to pay for all this nonsense 🙂
- Finalize our minimoon plans and book whatever hotels are needed
- Create my signage for the day for the little stuff
- Get our programs typed out and prettied up
- Find some flip flops for me just in case
- Breathe, breathe, breathe and be glad a short engagement means craziness only occurs for a short amount of time!
Holy crapola, Batman. I need to get MOVING on this stuff 🙂
Post # 4
Guestbook! I forgot about that! I need to do that too.
And my mom needs to come visit and we need to try baking some cakes. She is baking my cake, but she hasn’t done a trial-run yet! I don’t want “the cake” to be the first time she tries a new recipe!
“Win the lottery to pay for all this nonsense :)”
Post # 5
Haha…would you believe that I still don’t have an officiant…? We have the venue, room blocks, transportation, cupcakes, clothing, and just about everything else squared away.
Post # 6
* Exchange wedding shoes
*Get dress altered, when it finally comes in 🙁 June 3rd <this is stressing me to the max
*Buy my wedding band
*Get flower girl dress and her flowers
*Get outfits for ring bearer and other flower child, buy ring bearer pillow
*Get vase/jar with cork for sand ceremony
*Buy guest book
*Suit for Groom
*Cupcakes and stand
*Engagement photos/meet & greet with photograher
*Test shots with photographer at venue
*Pick restaurant for luncheon reception
*Buy marriage license
*Pick place and reserve honeymoon
Post # 7
Ooh. Getting marriage license would be a good add. Duh. I swear I’m MUCH better at planning other peoples weddings than my own!
Post # 8
For me, from now to 3 weeks before the wedding:
- Determine who will be giving speeches at the reception
- Purchase gifts for in-laws
- Pick up my gown on May 3
- Create Wedding Menus
- Select music for reception
- Finalize all meal options with your hotel
- Finalize all decorations for the reception
Post # 9
Oh geez…a bra, I need to get a bra! I keep forgetting those small details.
Post # 10
Ugh a lot left:
-Sign saying sit on either side
–create flower girl petals
-Ring Bearer Pillow
–glue ribbon to vases
–fill with river rocks
–Bride/Groom Chair Signs
-Bathroom Baskets and Sign
–power cords for band
-Final count for caterer
-Permit for BBQ team
–order nail polish from Cathie
-Morning After Breakfast
-Must have shot list for photog
Post # 11
Oh gosh this question is terrifying.. -schedule nail and waxing appointments -schedule final meetings with vendors -make baked goods for Out of Town boxes -finish meet the maids/men -buy two large picture frames for seating chart -finish guest book -finalize music -choose readers (ugh) -finish table numbers -finish attendants’ gifts -assemble favors -buy FI’s ring!!! -buy a tie for Fiance Things I’ve delegated to my Fiance… -call the caterer to change linen colors -book transportation and hotel for wedding night -figure out what he and his groomsmen will be doing the morning of/where he will be staying the night before I think I’m going to have a panic attack… Ohhhhh and once we have a final account I need to tackle the dreaded seating chart..
Post # 14
oh my god.. this question is really terrifying but reading what everyone has to do calms me a bit!!!
Mostly.. I have rehearsal dinner outfits (for both us) – the DIY vases – wine – oh lord…
good luck ladies!!!!!
Post # 15
I didn’t make nearly as much progress as I’d hoped I would this weekend. We made it to the mall, but one of the stores I planned on visiting was being renovated (ugh) and Fiance was really kinda cranky and tired so he didn’t try on any clothes (double ugh).
I did get my 2 tissue paper wreaths done and cut all the paper for the remainder of the pomanders 🙂
Two months to go!
Post # 16
So much left to do!
- Send the invitations this weekend (yes I know that’s probably a bit behind, but most people already know when it is) We are also doing email/phone response which should make it a bit faster.
- Meet with photgrapher
- Meet with DJ
- Meet with reception coordinator
- Have 2nd & third (final) fitting
- Purchase gifts for wedding party
- Make programs
- Put together favors
- Choose readings
- Choose song to be sung during ceremony
- Decide on first dance/dance lessons – help here please! I really love “Everthing” by Michael Buble – but I’m worried it’s too common/not a waltz which is what we wanted to do.
- Finalize rehearsal dinner
- Engrave rings
- Go shopping for honeymoon clothing
- Confirm honeymoon flights/details
- Send announcements to newspaper
- Ask readers/cake servers to well, do that stuff!
- Apply for marriage license (this will be a super-pain because we live 2 hours away, Fiance just started job and really can’t take time off – especially with like 7 days he’s taking for wedding/honeymoon and the courthouse is open from 8-4 M-F grrrrr
- Take vases, ribbon, and other materials to florist
- Hair/makeup trial
- Put together picture slideshow for reception
- Probably lots more!
Oddly, writing this all out makes me feel better instead of overwhelmed!