(Closed) June 2011 weddings- WOW 5 months away

posted 7 years ago in June 2011
Post # 3
5148 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I need to still book my minister and find a couple hotels to suggest (destination wedding). But that’s about all.

I haven’t really added much “extra”. Not worth the cost for me. (I’m having a pretty cheap wedding by wedding standards, right at $10K, but I think that’s very expensive.)

Post # 4
371 posts
Helper bee

I actually just started put plans in motion for our June wedding. We need to book our honeymoon that’s where things are getting hairy. I’ve never been one for a huge wedding (FI does want a larger celebration than a JoP) but, we LOVE to travel and do adventurous things when we can so I’m really excited about it. Our honeymoon is getting pretty lengthy; I almost want to make it a month-long event (possible since I teach and he’s working on his degree, but not super practical).

Post # 5
540 posts
Busy bee

I know I can’t believe it is 5 months away already. It is exactly 5 months away for me and my FI. I am so excited to be getting married but I am honestly freaking out that I wont get everything done. I just keep freaking out. I have so much to do. We have been engaged for over a year and I feel like I have done nothing. We have a venue, a caterer, a photographer, a DJ (that we are meeting with to sign the contract this week), a dress, he is getting his suit this weekend, we are working on making all of our favors (they are hand made pots that we are planting a plant in), I am just about done with the invites… We still need to book our rentals. This freaking me out the most. It is a huge chunk of money and I just want to picked out and done. We also need to make the final decisions on our flowers (we are doing our own and using a lot of potted plants),  to get gifts for our family and attendants, figure out if our music for the ceremony (violinist or recorded music), get shoes that I actually like, get a shrug for bridal shower, take our engagement photos (I know it is late, but we are going to do them anyway), meet with our pastor…

Ahhhhh – there is so much to do! I wish I was as cool and collected as I want to be. Hopefully once all of this gets done I will feel better.

Post # 6
14503 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Way to much left to do, and I have a ton done already.  I still need to narrow down our caterer, ugh, hate dealing with vendors.  Good news, we hired a wedding planner to help out.  She is great and cheap, thank goodness we stumbled upon her threw a friend that used her.

Post # 7
296 posts
Helper bee

I can’t believe it! EVERYTHING is pretty much set up for me, we travel to Colorado for food and cake tasting in Feb. So thats the final decision.

Oh wait!!! I haven’t found a dress yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have searched for months, been trying on for a year! I am giving myself a deadline by the end of the month! I am freaking out about this!

Time will continue to fly from here on out!

Post # 8
124 posts
Blushing bee

I’m freaking out too!  My biggest concern right now is finding bridesmaid dresses and designing the invites.  Also trying to stay on budget.  We just reestimated our budget based on the prices of our vendors and are like 10k over budget.  To make matters worse, work just got crazy busy and I’m at the office till 2am, 6am, or 10am every day this week (a deadline is approaching so the schedule is getting progressivesly worse).  So I’m freaking out about wedding stuff and I have no time to do anything about it!  

Post # 9
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

yay – less than 5 months to go!! 🙂

I feel like i have most of the big things done, i ordered my invitations and once they come in i will start addressing them (not mailing til late march though).  I am working on table numbers and finishing up pomaders for the aisle.

We are also doing an ipod dj so we have been spending some time doing the initial playlists and i just discovered vitamin string quartet and am super excited for our ceremony music.

We are registering this weekend and hopefully FI will get his suit soon.  Oh and i need to make an appt for hair and make up.

June will be here before we know it!

Post # 10
622 posts
Busy bee

Uhhh, 5 months?  Really?  Thats all the time I have left?  I seriously need to get in gear on my DIY projects.  Yikes!

Post # 11
237 posts
Helper bee

@sunbride11: We are thinking of not having a dj either and using our ipod. Did you appoint someone to be incharge of the ipod/music ? Im just worrying something with happen with the music, or it will look cheap not having a dj. But it would greatly save us money and I dont think our guest will be dancing all night. How many songs and playlist are you having?

Post # 12
4137 posts
Honey bee

ahh it’s getting so close!

my designer has just started the invites. all of my vendors are booked, except the cake which i’m waiting on because we’re having a dessert buffet, not a big wedding cake, and transportation – we’ll either rent a regular car or reserve a town car.

according to my timeline, march is when things start to get really busy!

Post # 13
42 posts
Newbee

@Mandydee – we did ask a friend to keep an eye on the music but we plan to have it pretty planned out.  We have also asked another friend to MC our wedding.

I don’t think it will look cheap without a dj – i know there are lots of differing views on this, but sometimes DJ’s can be incredibly cheesy, we are looking forward to having total control of our music.

So far we have started a playlist for the ceremony, one for cocktail hour, one to play during dinner and one for the reception/dance party afterwards.  Important songs like ‘cake cutting’, ‘bouquet toss’ etc, will be labelled as such on the playlist.  And we are going to have at least 2 ipods with the same playlists on them for back up.

Our venue has all the speakers and ipod hook ups we need, we just have to rent it from them at a minimal charge.

(p.s. could someone please explain to me how you get the @ (beesname) to be linked through and come up in green.  Someone tried to explain it on another board but i never got it work – thanks!)

Post # 14
237 posts
Helper bee

@sunbride11: Thanks : Im really going to look into this. I completely agree with you on sthe dj’s sometimes being chessy. Our reception venue has the speakers as well. It will save us money and I feel like having a dj and no one really dancing will suck. It will feel like a waste of money. I just dont want it to turn into a diaster. But you seem to have things really planned out. I think thats the best way 🙂

Just click on the repy link at the bottom of any message, right next to the time the message was posted.

Post # 15
5572 posts
Bee Keeper

Oh my gosh it’s going so fast!!!! I feel like we’ve gotten a lot done. We’ve booked the venue (ceremony and reception), officiant, DJ, photographer, and caterer (linens included). I have ordered my wedding dress and our engagement photos are this Saturday. We’ve asked our bridal party.

This month I need to book a florist, FIND BRIDESMAID DRESSES (ahhhh), send our STDs and decide what invitations we want to use. I’d also like to get a good chunk of my DIY projects out of the way. Oh and book a hair/makeup person. Yikes.

Post # 16
142 posts
Blushing bee

5 Months, seriously! That is crazy since I started planning with 14 months to go. I have everyone booked. Now I just need to stop constantly changing smaller details. lol

The topic ‘June 2011 weddings- WOW 5 months away’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors