(Closed) June 2012 Brides losing weight?

posted 7 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
1314 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I am! 30 pounds here!!! Let’s do it together 🙂

Post # 4
1526 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I am trying to lose weight as well!  I am hoping to be down 10 pounds by next June!

Post # 5
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Trying to lose weight here too (more in my face and arms than anywhere else though) I’m scared if I drop too much weight my dress is going to cost a lot more to alter… So 15lbs and a lot of tone is what I’m thinking… =D

Post # 6
3142 posts
Sugar bee

Im an April bride and I have lost ten lbs already and i want to lose 15 to 20 more. More important, I’m trying to tone up and strengthen my core as I want to try for a baby pretty much pronto around the wedding and I want to start off in shape for that!

sorry for jacking your thread june brides, and good luck with the weight loss 🙂

Post # 8
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@sweetmamam:  I’ve been too embarrassed to admit this, but I bought a dress for super cheap from Ideeli and it was far too small, but I didn’t return it!  I’m not really hung up on there being “the one dress,” so if it doesn’t fit in time I’m okay with reselling it and finding something else.

I’m not sure how many pounds I want to lose, but I definitely want to be 2-3 dress sizes smaller.  I’ve lost a great deal of weight before, so I know I can do it – all this weight creeped up on me from an intense period of work, and then the stress of our condo sustaining property damage and not knowing for about a month or so what would happen.

My plan:

– Take advantage of living in hotel (until condo ready to move back in) and wake up at 5am (ugh) to use gym every morning

– Get scale (after moving back in)

– More water

– Keep a calorie diary (goal target each day: 1500 calories)

Post # 9
17 posts
Newbee

I’ve started back to the gym again and am working on getting more fit.  I haven’t set a weight loss goal, but I’m certainly looking to slim down. I find I put on weight in muscle when I start lifting, but I certainly start to look better.  I’ve been averaging about 1/2 kg (1 lb) a week in weight loss but my arms/chest/shoulders are getting way better.

So jealous you’re in Auckland.  Would love to get a shopping trip in at Modes (coworker put me on to them – his gf’s mom owns it).  I always run out of time when we’re visiting my FI’s family.  Looking forward to NY/Boston when we’re home at Christmas but need to narrow it down before then since it will be 6 months to go!!

Good luck ladies!  You’re being really smart getting a long start on it… gradual loss should help you keep it off after too! Laughing

Post # 10
60 posts
Worker bee

I started WieghtWatchers in April and I’ve lost 11lbs so far! I’m hoping to lose at least 10 more before June.

Post # 11
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I am hoping to lose some weight! I would love to be down 50 lbs. With 341 days to go, it might or might not be feasible. I am heading back to Weight Watchers. I did it from January-April once, and I took off 30 lbs. I just have to stick to the plan! We can do this 🙂

Post # 12
1723 posts
Bumble bee

I’m trying!  I want to lose 10-15 and tone up a little.  FI and I started our gym regimen last week.  He’s almost more worried about it than I am! Good luck everyone! 

Post # 13
1612 posts
Bumble bee

I have lost 15 pounds since December before I was engaged, but for my wedding I want to loose another 10.

Post # 14
1988 posts
Buzzing bee

I am, I haven’t done much except for portion control and giving up sweets but I’ve lost about 10 pounds and am starting to fit into some of my old clothes!  I’m thinking 20-30 more and I’ll be happy.  Although even with just 15 more I’ll been happy.  30 might be a bit much but I’ll reaccess when I get to that point.

If it doesn’t happen by the wedding I don’t care, I want to do this for me.  I’ve been steadily and slowly gaining weight over the last 4 years.

Post # 15
35 posts
Newbee

i’m a june 2012 bride, and i’m looking to firm up for sure. i’ve lost about 5 Lbs in the past few weeks, i think it’s just from stress though! i haven’t yet gone dress shopping. but the one i want has a very very open back…when i get i’ll post some pics… anyway it’s very open and i need to firm up or the back fat’s gonna show!! so i’m thinking some yoga and pilates.. should do the trick. i haven’t signed up for classes yet…too lazy but if we get a group going i might feel more motivated!

The topic ‘June 2012 Brides losing weight?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors