June 2013 Babies!

posted 3 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
393 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Sorry I’ve been totally MIA pretty much since the baby was born. In addition to getting used to caring for a newborn, we had to deal with my grandmother passing away last weekend. So things have been a little tough. Fortunately I have some wonderful family and friends that have been helping us out big time!

Baby’s name: Benjamin

Baby’s birth date: June 17

Weight/Length at birth: 8 lbs 13 oz

How is recovery going? Better than expected, as long as I stay on top of the pain meds! I’m pretty much healed now except for the stitches.

Biggest challenge so far? Breastfeeding has been fairly easy, except that I have trouble knowing when he’s done eating! Which has made for some marathon sessions, 15 minutes apart. This tends to be worse in the middle of the night, when I’m tired and just want to get a little sleep!

Anything easier than expected? Honestly, most things have come more naturally than I anticipated. I was so nervous about the newborn phase, and really didn’t need to be. We’re starting to get the sleep and feeding thing sorted out now, and everything else has been working out fine. He’s a pretty happy baby, so that helps!

How is your relationship with your husband? Great – he has stepped up big time and is a wonderful father! I wouldn’t have made it this far without him! There have been a few tense moments, but I think that’s to be expected!

What are you most looking forward to? Ben getting big and old enough to interact with more!

Postpartum weight loss goals/plan? I don’t really have a plan. I’ve already lost 25 of the 35 lbs I gained, just by giving birth and breastfeeding (and not sleeping much!). Once my stitches are a little more healed (hopefully in a few more days), I’m planning to start walking daily. Later on I’ll hopefully get back to swimming too!

Favorite moment so far? There’s a lot to choose from…but I guess the winner would have to be bringing him to meet my grandmother before she passed away. She was in the same hospital as we were, so we were given permission to bring him up for her to see him before we were discharged. She was so happy to meet her first great grandchild. We all think she was holding on just to meet him, she died just a few days later and wasn’t nearly as alert at any point after the meeting.

Thanks to all who responded to my question about sleep! It’s definitely getting better, we’ve been practicing putting him on his back during the day and he’s much happier that way now. We’ve been able to get him down a few times a night for 1.5-2 hours each time, which is a huge improvement! The trick seems to be to make sure he eats enough, sometimes I have to wake him up several times during a feeding to ensure that he’ll stay down for more than 20 minutes!

Post # 5
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

Here’s a little survey to start things up!

Baby’s name: Maxwell

Baby’s birth date: 6/18/13

Weight/Length at birth: 9lb 3oz and 22″ long

How is recovery going? Good. I just had a small internal tear that needed a few stitches. Cramps still hurt.

Biggest challenge so far? Breastfeeding. Max is a lazy eater. And everyone around me thinks that he needs to eat if he makes any sucking faces. And Max getting over his jaundice. And the inlaws. 

Anything easier than expected? Hope i dont jinx myself. Sleep! We lucked out with 6 hours in a row the other day. We usually get a 4 hour stretch at night.

How is your relationship with your husband? Good. Today is our 1 year anniversary. My sister is watching Max so we could go out to a late lunch to celebrate. He is great about getting up with us at night for feedings and diaper changes. He goes back to work tomorrow so I’m worried how that will go.

What are you most looking forward to? Everything! But sad about him growing up at the same time. I love that he can fit his butt in my hand and feet in my elbow.

Postpartum weight loss goals/plan? I hate admitting it since so many ladies on the fb page are struggling with this… But I’m down 27 lbs so far. (if you remember I lost 20 when we got pregnant, then only gained back 14 total… So i’m down already). But I have a goal of at least 27 more lbs or 47 more to get back to a healthy weight and the weight I graduated high school at. 

Favorite moment so far? All of them. Can’t pick just one.

Share a photo of your little one if you’d like!

@dreamocracy:  thanks for starting the thread! 

@MissChanandlerBong:  so sorry to hear about your grandma. But so glad she got to meet her first great grandson! 

Post # 6
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Baby’s name: Jackson… but we call him “Jax”

Baby’s birth date: 6/12/13

Weight/Length at birth: 7 lbs 9 oz 20 inches

How is recovery going? Really well! I am actually very pleasantly surprised at how recovery has been!

Biggest challenge so far? The bottle! Jax absolutely will not take it! We have tried different brands, different nipple speeds, different temps, me giving it, daddy giving it, etc.  Tomorrow I’m going to exclusively offer the bottle because he has to learn before I photograph a few weddings in the upcoming weekends and will be gone ALL day!

Anything easier than expected?  Almost everything else!  Breastfeeding has been great, he’s a good sleeper, he’s happy! My laundry is still getting done!  We are all happy!

How is your relationship with your husband? Wonderful! We operate like a well oiled machine.  However, he is feeling a little sad because baby seems to “prefer” me at this point.  I keep assuring him that WILL change…I’ve just got the boobs lol…

What are you most looking forward to? Everything! But at the same time, I love this stage and kind of wish he could stay little and snuggly forever!

Postpartum weight loss goals/plan? I gained 40 lbs while preggo, I am down 22 since delivery.  I’d like to lose 20 more.  Tomorrow I am going to start writing down everything I eat and walking.  IN a few more weeks I’ll start the zumba. 

Favorite moment so far? Oh so many! But yesterday we had a precious moment.  He was crying for no real reason, he was fed and clean and all that good stuff.  So i just started singing to him and he just cuddled up into my neck listening and quieted down…it was SO precious I started to cry… LOVE my baby!

Share a photo of your little one if you’d like! I don’t know how!

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/june-2013-babies-1#ixzz2Xjnpg9Tr

Post # 7
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

@Cwoodward:  it’s the button to the left of HTML in the comment box 😉 I just want to see more pics of baby jax! 

Post # 8
2264 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m baccckkkk. 😉 Kinda dropped off the bee after having preterm labor and my computer wasn’t the most portable. Now my pump is all hooked up near my computer so…. lots of time to burn haha. 

Baby’s name: Dominic Javier (Dom, Domi, Dom dom lol) 

Baby’s birth date: 6/7/13

Weight/Length at birth: 7 lbs 6 oz and 20 inches 

How is recovery going? Pretty well. Not in pain anymore! 

Biggest challenge so far? Being a SAHM for two weeks now with little help. Hubby works a lot and those are the hardest days, especially after being up all night with cluster feedings. I’m usually a solo parent for twelve hours or so. 

Anything easier than expected? Labor and delivery 😉 the pregnancy was the worst bit for me! D: 

How is your relationship with your husband? We need a date night for sure. I miss talking with him like I used to. Hopefully the grandparents can take Dom for a night this week so we can sleep/catch up 

What are you most looking forward to? Him sleeping through the night! 

Postpartum weight loss goals/plan? 26 lbs so far. I have thirty to go :/ After I’m cleared by my dr I’m planning on swimming in our community pool every day after hubby gets home. 

Favorite moment so far? Sometimes Dominic laughs in his sleep. 🙂 Baby chuckles are so cute. 

Post # 9
4372 posts
Honey bee

Baby’s name: Owen

Baby’s birth date: June 21st- first day of summer/summer solstice 🙂

Weight/Length at birth: 8lbs 5oz, 22 inches

How is recovery going? Amazing! I didn’t imagine it going this well at all, and even given I had a c-section I feel pretty great. I’m only taking regular tylenol for pain (which I don’t really feel.. I just take the tylenol on schedule as a preventative).

Biggest challenge so far?  I’d have to say breast feeding but even that hasn’t been much of a challenge. I just had sore nipples the first few days and the one day I was engorged SUCKED, but he latches amazing and feeds really well. Some days when he decides to cluster feed a bit it can be a little exhausting but luckily that usually only lasts a few hours, and then he goes back to his 2-3 hour feed schedule.

Anything easier than expected? The whole transition, I thought it would be more difficult to get the hang of mommyhood but I haven’t had many issues at all. This might change when DH goes back to work though.

How is your relationship with your husband? Fantastic, seeing him become a daddy has been such a cool experience and he’s insanely helpful. He has done most of the diapers since Owen was born, first in the hospital because it was hard for me to get out of bed and now because I’m the one who has to devote so much time to feeding plus he says when he goes back to work I’ll have to do enough of them so he’s getting his in now haha. He’s also been cooking every meal and doing a ton around the house, he’s been a dream!!

What are you most looking forward to?  I’m trying not to look forward too much so I can live in the moment and soak it all in before this little man grows up. I’m already sad that some of his newborn clothes are getting small.

Postpartum weight loss goals/plan? I’ve only got 6lbs to lose before I’m back at pre baby weight which makes me super happy! Once my incision is healed and my energy levels are back up (I still get pretty tired if I’m up and walking around too much in one day) I’m going to start taking walks with baby and my dog to hopefully lose a bit more and tighten some things back up. Overall I’m really happy with the outcome so far.

Favorite moment so far? Oh man.. all of them? His smiles and snuggling him, watching my DH cuddle with him when he does skin to skin some mornings when I’m changing him from his pj’s in to daytime clothes. It’s also my DH’s favorite time too. Seeing my DH step up as an amazing father and husband has also been really touching. It makes me giggle when he’s hungry or I’m burping him mid-feed and when I have him over my sholder and he tries to latch on to my cheek, I tell myself he’s giving me kisses when I know it’s not exactly true but I don’t care 🙂 lol. 

Post # 10
1473 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Baby’s name: Cannon

Baby’s birth date: 6/1/13

Weight/Length at birth: 7 lb 3 oz

How is recovery going? Easy! I broke my tailbone during pushing (posterior baby) but it only hurts if I sit on a hard chair for too long. Everything else was gravy.

Biggest challenge so far? No sleep, and C’s reflux. He eats every other hour usually. And I am super emotional. 

Anything easier than expected? Breastfeeding. It was crazy hard for about a week and then it just clicked. 

How is your relationship with your husband? Awesome. I think we’ve gotten even closer. Him coaching me through labor was the most intense experience ever, and seeing him be such an awesome daddy makes me love him even more.

What are you most looking forward to? I have no idea… I’m just loving every minute as it comes. It’s a balance between wanting him to stay my little baby forever but looking forward to all the milestones. 

Postpartum weight loss goals/plan? I’m starting a Weight Watchers for nursing moms group, and I’m going to start running again when my dr clears me. I walk now.

Favorite moment so far? All of it? 🙂 I think seeing my husband hold him for the first time takes the cake, but I think every day I have a new favorite. 

I don’t know how when I’m on my phone!  

Post # 11
603 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Baby’s name: Max

Baby’s birth date: 6/19

Weight/Length at birth:  8lbs 13 ounces 22 inches

How is recovery going?  I feel mostly OK… I had a really rough post birth (1.5 hours of stitches) but 12 days out I’m not taking any pain meds and feeling pretty comfortable

Biggest challenge so far? I’m kind of jealous reading all of you aren’t having issues with breast feeding.  I feel like it is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.  Max has an APPETITE.  We have to supplement with formula b/c I can’t keep up.  He must be in a growth spurt (please just be a growth spurt) — I woke him up at 10PM to feed,  he was on the breast for 2 hours, tried to put him down, then back on the breast, then formula, then down, then breast etc etc until 330am.  We finally got a little sleep and then he was up at 5am for more breast, then up at 7, then 9 etc etc.  I hate giving him formula but I have to think of his needs first.

Anything easier than expected?  losing weight… I’m 1.2lbs less than my first MD appt.  I gained 30 during pregnancy… but I found out I was pregnant on vacation so I probably have a few more vacation pounds to lose,  then it would be nice to just lose weight b/c I’m over  weight anyway.  I guess being awake 20 hours a day and not really eating is helping.  I will say that I would rather go to the gym for an hour than breast feed though,  if that was the only reason I was doing it I would have quit last week.

How is your relationship with your husband? My husband has really stepped it up.  I have no complaints about him.  If I didn’t have him I dont know what I would do… its been nice to be able to pass the baby off eventually for a bottle after hours of failed breast feeding.

What are you most looking forward to?  Figuring out this feeding thing!  

Postpartum weight loss goals/plan?  Whoops already answered this.  I hope to keep losing weight though.  I want to change our lifestyle for the baby.  I didn’t grow up with a healthy family or outlook on food so I would like to give that to Max.

Favorite moment so far?  Everything except the lack of sleep!  I love watching his facial expressions.  He is my favorite part of every day!

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/june-2013-babies-1#ixzz2Xp4JmwZU

Post # 12
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

@MyFavouriteChords:  we have to supplement with formula occasionally too. The ladies on the fb page brought up breast compression. And since doing that I think my max gets fuller. I also pumped to help increase my supply a little. You are probably in a growth spurt 🙂

Today is first day of daddy back to work. So far I’ve been peed on, thrown up on, and had 3 diaper changes within 8 minutes (thank god I got the new diapers on and he didn’t poop all over the changing table). 6 more hours until hubby gets to come home and rescue me. Except we found out starting at the end of the month he is going to be working 6 days a week (with a 13 hour day thrown in there) because they are short handed. 🙁

Post # 13
2264 posts
Buzzing bee

@MyFavouriteChords:  I’ve had a hell of a time breastfeeding too :/ First he wasn’t latching right at all and we had to retrain him as he was chomping down on my nipples. Then we had about a week fo cluster feedings. I’m probably still 50/50 with pumping and breastfeeding due to much needed sanity during the night and it just being easier during the day. So far so good. It’s taken over three weeks for me to figure out what’s easiest for us- I hate giving Dom formula too :/ Hang in there! Everyone keeps telling me the first month is the worst. So far it seems to be right on. 

Post # 14
393 posts
Helper bee

@MyFavouriteChords:  I’m the same with the breastfeeding. Latching and the actual act of feeding is easy, but he seems to just want to constantly eat! Some nights it seems like I feed from 11pm-3am straight. I think part of the problem is that I never know when he’s done, sometimes he seems to be fast asleep so I put him back in the crib, then he’s awake and hungry again 20 mins later!

Post # 15
821 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

As my little guy sleeps cuddled up on me I can’t believe he’s a month old today. Thanks @dreamocracy for starting this thread 🙂 

Baby’s name: Luke Murray

Baby’s birth date: June 1st

Weight/Length at birth: 9lbs 3oz, 21.5 inches

How is recovery going? Good now that I’m a month out. Still have occasional tenderness in the lady bits if I do too much (3rd degree tear) and my tailbone still isn’t healed 100%

Biggest challenge so far? Breastfeeding (numerous small issues), arriving places on time

Anything easier than expected? Sleep deprivation…lol. The broken sleep hasn’t been as horrible as I imagined

How is your relationship with your husband? Great. We’ve really bonded over this time. I have my moments where his lack of interest in the cleanliness of our house drives me up a wall, but he’s been taking amazibg care of me. I’ll be sad when he heads back to work next monday

What are you most looking forward to? No more pain when breastfeeding

Postpartum weight loss goals/plan? Lose 35 pounds. Hope to start exercising soon, and I will be tracking my diet on myfitnesspal.com

Favorite moment so far? All of them 😉 The moment my husband told me we had a son <3

Our little man 

Post # 16
603 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@MrsDW:  

@SimplyChic11:  

@MissChanandlerBong:  

thanks ladies it is nice to know I’m not alone!  considering breast feeding was the only way to survive for thousands of years you’d think it be more intuitive!  I know things will get easier we just have to get to the other side.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors