June 2013 babies, part 13!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
80 posts
Worker bee

@stillme:  Thanks for creating the new June thread! 

I haven’t been too active the past few threads, but having started my maternity leave and with baby coming so soon, I have more time to check in 🙂 Can’t wait for more stories and pictures!

Post # 4
694 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@stillme:  Here’s a reply from the end of the last thread:  Yeah, you should check edamame out!  My masseuse was Faye and she was fantastic.  I’d totally recommend her 🙂

Post # 5
4372 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@stillme:  Thanks for making the new thread! Hopefully it brings you baby luck.

@ellebeerob:  I’d love to hear your birth story if you’re willing to share, I actually like ready all types so I can mentally prepare for different scenarios good, and not so good alike. And thanks for the input on the mucous plug! Hoping I am getting close.

@dreamocracy:  Been thinking about you today! Hope you either are or are close to holding your little Luna!

@saltybalty: Thanks for sharing your lovely birth story, it seems like it was really great and that your DH was totally awesome by your side. Your photo is gorgeous, little Sebastian is adorable with his tongue out haha. Happy belated birthday too!

Had a nice day, got my hair dyed and cut so I feel a little better about myself, especially since I’m not going to have much time to get that done in the next little bit. I had some pretty painful contractions this afternoon, but only a few. I had a spicy fajita for dinner with lots of hot sauce which caused again a few contractions, but nothing since then. I was really hoping to meet this little one tomorrow, but I’m thinking I won’t be so lucky!

Post # 6
603 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

For the ladies that have graduated from pregnancy:  did you all have contractions leading up until labor (like before the day of etc).  I’m kind of worried that I’m not really feeling anything… no braxton hicks / no cramping etc.

Post # 7
4372 posts
Honey bee

@MyFavouriteChords:  I haven’t graduated but.. my doctor said some people don’t have any contractions or braxton hicks at all until it’s the real thing. That’s almost better in my opinion, you don’t suffer slowly over a course of time.. literally only feel something when it’s go time 🙂 although it can make you wonder if go time will ever come.

Post # 8
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

Here are my answers from the last thread… sorry its so long!

@Bichon Frise:  I really hope my boy comes before 41.5 weeks!  Anytime after next week will be fine in my book! 🙂 

@MrsSawyer:  Thanks for doing the new list!  I really hope I get to meet my baby before 41.5 weeks!  I’m thinking of playing up the GD # info to my OB.  I’m sure they talked but maybe I can explain how my numbers are in the morning which GD Dr said are so hard to control and she can decided to induce me sooner than July.  Yay for losing your plug… hope it means babytime soon!

@MyFavouriteChords:  Lol it looks like my boy will be here in august too!  I’m “a loose 1” dilated. My OB is different and wants the NST first incase the baby doesnt move around enough then she requestes more tests during the Ultrasound.  We’ve had that happen once.  So they have me laying down in a big recliner.  They strap 2 different ‘paddles’ to my belly.  One low to catch the baby heartbeat (with A LOT of goop), and one up higher to monitor my contractions.  They hand me a button to press anytime I feel the baby move (seriously its like straight out of the jeopardy show and looks like their buzzers).  A few ladies on here have had NST’s and haven’t gotten the cool button, so maybe thats a GD thing.  Anyways… the paper prints out showing the baby’s heartbeat and my contractions.  I’m usually in the chair for 30-45 minutes.  The dr is looking for his heartrate to increase and decrease showing that he’s active.  Then I head to ultrasound… every week is a little different for me depending on what they need to look at (from the NST).  At a minimum they measure 4 areas of my belly for the amniotic fluid (top right, top left, bottom right and bottom left).  If its really low or really high its an issue for the dr.  I’ve been in the 20’s the whole time, so the dr isn’t too concerned most of the time.  They’ve measured his head, stomach and leg bones to get a rough size guestimate.  But they are off depending on how far along you are anywhere from 1lb-3lbs in either direction.  When he wasn’t moving much they had to watch him open his hand, breath, swallow or get the hiccups and kick his leg.  That took forever and was painful since he was just sleepy and didn’t want to move so they were taunting him lol.  They try to get me a picture of his face each time, but with how he was laying last week it was almost impossible.  You will get to see him, but its hard since he takes up so much of the screen.  After all that… my dr sees me to discuss everything, do a quick check and i’m on my way until next week. Hope that makes sense!  Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂 

@Mrs. Lox:  please write up your story when you have time!  

@ellebeerob:  Your birth story is not bad!  It made me feel more prepared for what could happen.  

@Robin_Sparkles:  I’m afraid of the cord being wrapped around my baby’s neck at birth!  I seriously ask each week at my ultrasounds to see if its anywhere near his neck.  I’m glad your baby was ok and it was so loose!  That makes me feel better. 

Post # 9
694 posts
Busy bee

@MrsDW:  It’s good that you are a loose 1 dilated!  I had my 38 week appt today, and there is Zero dilation, and I’m 50% effaced.  So the Dr. okayed me to go to the wedding this weekend.  It’s a 3 hour drive, so she said if anything happens we should have plenty of time to get back. But we’re bringing the car seat just in case!  My DH is the best man, and it’s his best friend’s wedding, so I’m glad it’s going to work out.  Baby’s heartbeat was nice and strong as always, and I even lost a pound.  So it was a good appt!  With my lack of progress, though, I’m starting to wonder if they shouldn’t have moved my due date.  Originally it was June 27…

Post # 10
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

@bwaychick:  you can join the “having our babies in August” club that MyFavouriteChords and I are in :). The dr didn’t seem to care that I’m “a loose 1” but im counting it as some sort of change being good. I’m still super high and she said nothing about effacement. Yay for being able to go to the wedding!! So glad that works out. And I would definitely take the car seat and your hospital bags. 

Post # 11
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

Just copying this over from the last thread. Anyone feel free to update it as needed! 

June Momma Standings

Faye0314: 6/1- Girl- Finley! Born June 3rd

ellebeerob: 6/2- Boy – Born June 1st

Sweethart: 6/2- Green.. It’s a Boy- Luke Murray! Born June 1st

saltbalty: 6/2- Boy – Sebastian Niccolo! Born May 17th

Robin_Sparkles: 6/3- Girl – Quinn! Born June 3rd

cbee: 6/3- Girl

Ballet513: 6/3 – Girl – Sophie Virginia! Born May 11th (?)

MrsKrumpet: 6/4 – Girl- Paisley Ada-Lee! Born May 27th

bjm1119: 6/6- Boy – Born May 29th

stillme: 6/8- Green

SBMT: 6/9- Girl

MyFavoriteChords: 6/9- Boy

CaptainSpaulding: 6/9 –Boy

thesaurus rex: 6/11- Girl

dreamocracy: 6/12- Girl – Being induced June 6th! Awaiting update.

MrsSawyer: 6/12- Green

Katielu: 6/14- Boy

Chappers10: 6/14- Green

legalese: 6/15- Girl 

Snowy414: 6/17- Girl

Cwoodward: 6/17- Boy

BichonFrise: 6/18- Boy

araneidae: 6/19- Girl

anotherbee: 6/20- Boy

bwaychick: 6/21- Girl

MrsLox: 6/22- Girl – Annelise Rose! Born June 2nd

MissChanandlerBong: 6/22- Boy

Ms lovestruck: 6/22- Girl

MrsDW: 6/24- Boy

SimplyChic11: 6/24- Boy

kelly105: 6/30- Boy

ChelseaRichard: Girl

Post # 12
4372 posts
Honey bee

@MrsDW:  Sea_bass wanted to be added but I was waiting to find out if she knew her babes gender since I didn’t know off hand. 

Post # 13
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

So I thought I’d show you guys a few newborn pictures my husband took 🙂 His sister is going to take more in the next few weeks.

Post # 14
694 posts
Busy bee

@mrskrumpet:  she is just adorable! Are her eyes blue or brown, I can’t tell. Love the pics! 

@MrsDW:  yes, I guess I will join the August club, lol. im actually not super anxious to have her right now.. Just trying to enjoy these last couple of weeks with me and DH. Reading everyone’s birth stories and seeing the babies has calmed me down In terms of being scared about having a baby. All that being said though, I will be starting the raspberry teas and bouncing on the ball when we get back from the wedding! No need to go overdue! 

Post # 15
4372 posts
Honey bee

@mrskrumpet:  What a gorgeous little peanut! Those are some fancy photos, I totally thought they were pros!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors