June 2013 Babies- part 2

posted 1 year ago in Pregnancy
1303 posts
Bumble bee

I’m scared just went to the toilet to find pink/brown spotting. There was a fair bit. I’ve seen the heart beat but now I’m worried I’m misscarrying :-( so afraid… 

1465 posts
Bumble bee

Here, let me share some good news to kick things off. :)

We had our first ultrasound yesterday at 6w5d. It was super early because I am an IVF patient and get some extra early monitoring. But…

We saw the heartbeat! One beautiful little baby in there measuring right on time and with a heartbeat going 120 bpm. One beautiful perfect little baby. :)

Yay! And TGIF!

4387 posts
Honey bee

@Mrs. Lox:  Congratulations, it’s a great feeling isn’t it? We got to see peanut’s heartbeat at 6w2d and I was so relieved.

@Sea_bass: Maybe TMI but how much was it? If it’s small spots (about the size of 2 bluberries) my doctor said this isn’t cause for concern. Any more than that you should see a doctor just to be safe. I hope everything is ok!

@SimplyChic11:  Thanks for starting a new thread! :)

TGIF is right!! My stupid IT department started monitoring activity at work now so my weddingbee on work hours is over :( womp womp. Which means I’m around much less than before but I’m doing good, so glad to be home for the weekend because I’m totally drained today, my eyes have been burning all day long. I’m 8w3d today and feeing pretty good, still not really able to eat meat but my carb loving hasn’t caused any weight gain yet so that’s good. I swear I’m starting to show already and it’s crazy early!! But I can’t suck it in, and in the last 2 days or so it’s been.. different. Not my same old bloat. Who knows, I guess in time I won’t be able to stop it anymore hahaha. I need it to stay hidden for 4 more weeks though! 

80 posts
Worker bee

@SimplyChic11:  thanks for starting this new thread!

@Sea_bass: I’m crossing my fingers for you that nothing’s wrong! I’ve heard pink/brown spotting is ok, as long as it doesn’t turn red. When you saw baby’s heartbeat, was it strong and how long ago?

@Mrs. Lox:  Congrats on seeing your baby’s heartbeat so early! 

@MrsSawyer:  I’m so jealous that you’re able to stomach carbs, and food in general.  My MS is out of control and I’m praying and hoping that it goes away in two weeks (I’m one day shy of 8 weeks).

I went to my early pregnancy counseling yesterday (it’s an informational by my OB’s office of important dates for ultrasounds, testings, and appointments).  I found out yesterday that my progesterone level (which started at 14) went from 29.2 to 22.3.  It’s really starting to scare me and I just hope everything is ok.  My first ultrasound is scheduled for next Thursday, and it seems like forever from now.  I’m crossing my fingers that there’s a healthy little bean inside me, with a strong heartbeat, measuring just as s/he is supposed to.  But I can’t help but worry that the dropping progesterone is cause for concern.

Other than that, my morning sickness is getting worse. I can’t stand to be at work. I can’t stomach anything and I’m in so much pain because I’m so hungry.  I throw up at least 3 times a day and it hurts so bad that I tear up often at work.  I’m really hoping that this is a good sign that there IS a healthy and growing baby inside of me, despite the drop in progesterone.  Seriously, 4 weeks can’t come fast enough.

1915 posts
Buzzing bee

@Sea_bass:  Oh sweetie, thinking about you!! I think brown/pink spotting is ok, but I’d call your doc or something anyways. 

Sorry I’ve been MIA, I’ve been crazy busy at work, and super tired in the evenings!! How is everyone feelIng? I’m feeling ok for the most part. Boobs are sore, and I have random bouts of dry heaving, but other than that nothing much is going on. Second dr apt on Tuesday, so I should get the results of my blood work, and maybe find out if I need the Rho gam shot ( which I think I do)

701 posts
Busy bee

@Sea_bass:  I had a little spotting today as well.  Very light brown, lighter than anything that happens when I”m about to get my period, or at the end of my period.  But I called my doctor and she wanted me to come in today.  My first appointment was supposed to be next Thursday, so she wanted to see me sooner.  She did an ultrasound, and she said that everything looks normal and on track, but she advised me not to do any exercise for the next two weeks, and no intercourse until she sees me again.  I’m rescheduling my appointment for a week and a half from now.  She said she wasn’t “terribly worried” but of course just the fact that she wants to limit some of my activities has me worried!  I honestly thought that the nurse would tell me I didn’t even need to worry about coming in- I mean this spotting is so light that I wouldn’t even notice it if I wasn’t looking at the tissue 2 inches from my face every time I go to the bathroom!  She said we were a few days away from being able to hear a heartbeat- another reason she wants me to come back in a week and a half.  She measured me to be 6 weeks and 2 days.  She thinks by my next appt there will be more to see.  All we saw was the yolk sac, and the area around it, all of which looks normal.  Good luck to you.  Sending sticky vibes your way!

1554 posts
Bumble bee

Hello lovelies!  I am new to this thread.  I just got my BFP on Sunday!  I am currently 6 wks 1 day along.  

So far, I have been pretty lucky.  I have a mild, constant, annoying nausea but no vomiting.  Other than that, my symptoms have been fatigue, occasional cramping, and the need to pee every 6 minutes (that is what it feels like at least!)

I have also been having a really weird symptom.  It may be TMI, but if I sit for too long it almost feels as if I am about to have an orgasm.  It feels like the build up before an orgasm without the release.  It is soooo uncomfortable!

We have our first OB appt on November 26th and it is killing me to wait that long.  I don’t think I will relax until I see our bean and hear his/her heartbeat.  I also can’t wait to share the news!

Good luck to my fellow June mamas!   I look forward to getting to know you all! 

701 posts
Busy bee

@RahlyRah:  Welcome!  It’s nice to have someone here who is due later in the month, like me!

756 posts
Busy bee

@RahlyRah:  I’m also due later in June – around the 20th. 

I was feeling a bit nervous as my pregnancy symptoms seemed to be vanishing but now they are back again: cloudy-headedness, mild nausea, food aversions and cravings, grumpiness… (poor SO…)

Though in retrospect I have consistently had really sore boobs, crazy dreams, moodines, and constant peeing, so I don’t know what I was worrying for :P   I guess many of you have constant nausea and morning sickness to remind you that you are pregnant and I don’t have much of that (NOT that I am complaining about my lack of it, it just seems sometimes like it would be a good reminder that things are still going). 

Next week we have our first midwife appointment, and then the next day I have my first ultrasound. We had arranged it so my fiance could come with me to both appointments, but then I realized – I am only going to be 8 weeks along that day, so… that’s a vaginal ultrasound, right? I could care less when it comes to getting internal exams and paps and that kind of thing, it really doesn’t bother me at all, as long as it’s private, but having a doctor stick something up me with my fiance in the room all of a sudden seems like a TOTALLY different story! I’m not sure I want him there. But he doesn’t want to miss seeing / hearing the heartbeat, and I also want him to be there for me in case we get bad news. Thoughts?

And a funny story:

Last night, just before I got up to pee for the second or third time, I had a dream that I was about to pee, and was sitting on a toilet. I woke up to realize that I was sitting kind of creepily straight up in bed, definitely not on a toilet!!! omg can you even imagine, I think I almost peed our bed!

1760 posts
Buzzing bee

Hi ladies! Trying to catch up again… Been super busy with work & personal life that when I get home I just crash. 

@SimplyChic11:  Thanks for starting the thread! 

@Sea_bass:  Can you call your dr? I had light brown spotting (TMI but a whole toilet paper when I wiped so it seemed like a lot…) and I had to go in. They did an ultrasound and calmed my fears down. Our spotting was from intercourse. Let us know what’s going on!!

@Mrs. Lox:  Yay! Glad you saw a heartbeat! That gives me hope for my ultrasound on Monday at 6w4d from O (long cycle so I’m not going from LMP). 

@MrsSawyer:  I’ve been feeling the same way! Woke up thursday and my work pants didn’t fit. So I must be super bloated or else showing crazy early. 

@legalese:  I really hope your progesterone levels don’t mean anything! But keep us posted. Fingers crossed everything goes ok.

@anotherbee:  Did you tell your parents? I think I missed how that went. 

@RahlyRah:  Yay! You’re due at the end of the month with me! Welcome!

@araneidae:  The vaginal ultrasound didn’t bother me. Dr kept a sheet over me so he doesn’t exactly see where it’s going. But I warned hubby what it would be and he knew going into it what to expect. I think that helped. 

Ok now that I’m caught up here… What’s going on with me…

Currently 6w2d (from O date not LMP). First real appointment on Monday. Hour long consultation and 1/2 hour dr visit with ultrasound. Crazy nausea lately. If I crave something I need to have it right that second or else. I work 50 feet away from the front doors of a grocery store which is nice… But literally in that walk I lost the craving and it was pointless adventure with me wandering around randomly until I settled on something. The only things I’m craving are things I shouldn’t be having… Deli meat and vanilla coke. This is going to be fun if it stays that way all 9 months. 

1915 posts
Buzzing bee

@MrsDW:  Hey! I did tell my parents and they were happy, in the reserved way that they always are. Mom actually asked more questions than my sister, and then said that she was happy to be able to start buying baby clothes again :)

So,ahead anyone else not started gaining weight? I just weighed myself and I’m actually abouts.5lbs less than at my last dr apt. I’m not sick or anything, nor have I been ravenous, but I feel like at 7.5 weeks, I should have gained some weight….

Also my boobs arestarting to get to than sore point when I take off my bra. I’m not looking forward to the increasedsoreness, cause its already more than I enjoy…lol and they are HARD! Anyone else?

3050 posts
Sugar bee

@Sea_bass:  Hope everything turns out ok. From everything I’ve heard, spotting can be completely normal. Hope that’s the case with you. 

@anotherbee:  I’ve also lost 5-6 pounds. I’m 9 weeks today. In the beginning I felt so fat, but once that nausea kicked in, I’ve been losing weight. My boobs are also so sore and hard!!

The MS/nausea is really getting me. I feel so sick all the time, and I dry heave violently at least once a day. Sometimes, like I did yesterday, I also barf, but honestly, the dry heaving feels worse than the barfing. At least after I throw up I have about 30 minutes of relief. 

I really don’t know how people do this! Seriously. How?! I have an hour commute to work each way (made twice as long by Sandy now), and it always makes me sick. I have no energy at work and am constantly in the bathroom. No one at work knows I’m pregnant yet, either, because I think it’s still too early. It’s so hard!! And I feel guilty for complaining, because we both want this baby so badly. :-)

4387 posts
Honey bee

@araneidae:  I had an internal with my FI there, it wasn’t weird at all and I was glad he came because we WERE able to hear the heartbeat even though it was only 6w2d.

@anotherbee:  I had the boob soreness/heaviness last night when I took my bra off! Literally I took off my bra and it felt like 2 bricks fell out. They are better today so I’m not sure what that was about. I also haven’t gained weight despite being ravenous. I’m happy I haven’t gained but based on my food intake I probably should have haha.

4387 posts
Honey bee

@stillme:  Just because we want a baby doesn’t mean it isn’t horrible being pregnant some days ;) I hope your MS let’s up soon! Good news is you’ll be 2nd tri before you know it and it’s suppose to go away/get much better then!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.