posted 1 year ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: We are TEAM ...
    PINK! : (11 votes)
    33 %
    BLUE! : (8 votes)
    24 %
    GREEN (and staying green)! : (11 votes)
    33 %
    GREEN - for now, we are finding out soon! : (3 votes)
    9 %
    1647 posts
    Bumble bee

Yay new board!!

How far along? 21 weeks

Stretch marks? Not yet! *fingers crossed*

How’s your sleep? Not too bad, but sometimes it is harder to get comfortable.

Best moment this week: Babygirl kicking my hubby while we were cuddling before bed, haha. It is going to be SO weird not feeling kicking in my belly after I give birth..

Miss anything from pre-pregnancy? Being able to bend forward without difficulty, haha.

Movement: Getting stronger and stronger, happens all throughout the day now.

Food cravings: Not sure if I’d consider it a craving, but yesterday I wanted an Egg McMuffin for breakfast, expected hubby to say no, and he was like “what do you expect me to say no to you?” haha. Oh and these damn girl scout cookies! Noone can eat just one Thin Mint!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Taco-seasoned chicken still bothers me.. even just thinking about it. I get slight nausea sometimes because of my daily macrobid, but it is not nearly as bad or as long as the 1st trimester sickness.

Symptoms: Kicking all the time, sometimes bad stretching/round ligament pain, especially if I raise my arms up and lean back a little it is a SHARP pain in my lower abdomen. Lovely pregnancy gas that makes my husband want to leave the room ;)

Belly button in or out? In, but it has gotten shallower and some of the skin from inside is now around the edge.

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time: Pretty good mood most of the time. Earlier this week I was pretty grouchy because I am working a lot of extra hours this week, but I enjoy my work, so it cheered me up more. 

Looking forward to: Super Bowl! Go Ravens ;D But baby-related: my next appointment on Feb 6th. My husband also just got a LinkedIn msg from a recruiter at Google.. so interested to hear more about the position they want him to apply for. We’ve also been talking with one of hubby’s friends about renting the townhouse he is moving out of when they get married late June, since it is a two-bedroom and we’re in a one-bedroom currently. :)

Goals for the week: Eat less junk (the candy drawer and snacks at work are bad bad bad!), get rest when I need it instead of clicking around online :P

1647 posts
    Bumble bee

Also, CONGRATS bwaychick on the baby girl! :) I think we are gonna be split just about 50/50 for boys and girls based the ones who have found out so far!

1473 posts
    Bumble bee

How far along? Almost 23 weeks

Stretch marks? Nope, but my bellybutton is disappearing at a rapid pace!

How’s your sleep? Off and on. Some nights are great, some are terrible.

Best moment this week: Seeing my belly move on the outside for the first time!

Miss anything from pre-pregnancy? Spicy tuna sushi, wine, running, my wardrobe ;)

Movement: All the time – he’s a night owl!

Food cravings: BBQ sandwiches! ha! Pretty much everything sounds good.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Chicken. Yuck.

Gender:  Boy! Cann0n F1sher (had to make it non google-able ;) )

Symptoms:  Lots of kicking! Heartburn, insane hip/upper pelvic pain on my left side

Belly button in or out? In, but getting shallower by the second.

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy, but nosey people can make me moody in a flash. All the questions and comments from acquaintances and strangers make me feel really awkward. But at home and with our friends I’m giddy happy :)

Looking forward to: Check-up on Monday, working on the little guy’s nursery this weekend

Goals for the week: Keep up my workouts, drink lots of water, make headway on the nursery.

29 posts
    Newbee

Sorry, been out of the picture again and we are already on thread #6!  Will go back and catch up on #5 to see what has been happening with everyone while I was in “house selling hell”.

How far along? 21 weeks, had the big ultrasound last week (baby still a Girl!!) and everything looked great and baby measuring just a few days ahead but they did not change my due date.

Stretch marks? Yes, but I had those from Baby #1 so can’t blame baby girl…she is just adding to them even through my husband rubs bio oil on my belly each night.

How’s your sleep?  Not the best…still have to pee 2-3 times a night and wake up at 4am and can’t go back to sleep.  However, we are in the middle of selling our house and moving so that could be why my brain refuses to shut down and I am having bad sleep.

Best moment this week:   Parent related, my 1 and ½ year old son climbing out of my arms while reading him a book called “The best Daddy in the world” to go find my husband to read it to him.  My husband looked about to cry when our son brought him that special book.  Can’t wait to read my little girl a Mommy book!

Miss anything from pre-pregnancy? A glass of wine to help with the stress of selling our home to crazy people…

Movement: Tons…she is super active, especially at 10pm when it is gymnastics time. 

Food cravings:   All things Asian…I am particularly obsessed with Thai this pregnancy (was cherrios with my son).

Anything making you queasy or sick: I was not good about eating consistently last week during negotiations with the crazy house buyers and my morning sickness rebounded to remind me that snacks are crucial.  When I am stressed I am not hungry but baby reminded me she just did not care…

Symptoms:   Heartburn…bummer but Thai does not help!

Belly button in or out?  In

Happy or moody most of the time: Hummm…I guess moody lately but due to house not baby.

Looking forward to:  Getting keys to our new house this weekend and getting to start working on Baby Girl’s nursery finally.

Goals for the week:  Walking more and eating every 3-4 hours…I did take a Prenatal Yoga class last weekend to help with the house selling stress.  Was a bit strange and not sure my thing (love Yoga normally) but may try another class at a different place.

1465 posts
    Bumble bee

How far along? 19 weeks + 5 days

Stretch marks? Just a couple near my left hip. I am drinking water and lotioning up like a crazy woman!

How’s your sleep? Eh, some days it’s good and some days it isn’t. More good nights than bad at the moment, luckily.

Best moment this week: Our anatomy scan today! I got to see baby girl again, which was great. :)

Miss anything from pre-pregnancy? Wine… oh how I miss wine.

Movement: None yet. :( I feel like something is wrong with me!

Food cravings: Not at the moment.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not right now?

Symptoms:   Little bit of lower back pain, some trouble getting comfortable in bed, starting to feel like I have to pee all the time even if I don’t, and I am getting out of breath easily now. But honestly, none of it is really bad.

Belly button in or out? In

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy!

Looking forward to: Feeling baby girl move… I hope it’s soon!

Goals for the week: To get our nursery furniture ordered. We’re planning on going this weekend and I just hope we can get it all sorted out for good this time. Fingers crossed!

And, since someone was looking for ultrasound pics, here is one of ours. To be fair, we already knew she was a girl (and she still is!) but  still love seeing her. Especially her little face!

701 posts
    Busy bee

@MrsSawyer:  Thanks, and thanks for starting the new thread!  I was hoping someone would paste the list to the new one, since the last post was getting long.  Glad I updated it just in time!

How far along? 20 weeks tomorrow

Stretch marks? none yet but I’m cocoa buttering like crazy!

How’s your sleep? decent, but some nights I just can’t get comfortable…

Best moment this week: Finding out the gender today!

Miss anything from pre-pregnancy? Sushi and wine.

Movement: yes, lots!  I feel her moving around all day which makes me wonder because I read that they are supposed to be sleeping 12-14 hours a day at this point…

Food cravings: Just generally eating a lot more.  But I am ravenous!  Clearly, because at my appt today I discovered I am up another 4 lbs, for a grand total of 22 lbs.  I almost cried :-(

Anything making you queasy or sick: When I wait too long to eat, I get queasy.. hence all the eating…. hence all the weight gain!

Symptoms:   Feeling great! Still some round ligament pain when I stand up too fast.

Belly button in or out? still in

Wedding rings on or off? My band is off for now.  I could squeeze it on, but why bother?  Engagment ring still fits, but it is tighter.

Happy or moody most of the time: Pretty happy!  A lot less moody than the first Tri.

Looking forward to: Registering and buying some clothes!

Goals for the week: Not to eat too terribly and to get some work out time in- we are visiting the inlaws in Kansas all next week, and they tend not to eat the healthiest…

140 posts
    Blushing bee

@bwaychick:  Congrats on having a girl!! I think Lena is a great name. Very pretty. :)

140 posts
    Blushing bee

How far along?  21w6d

Stretch marks? still just a few that are right under my breasts.  Baby isn’t even up there!

How’s your sleep? It’s not too bad.  I’ve been getting up more to pee at night and have been having some interesting dreams.

Best moment this week: Felt baby on the outside faintly for the first time!

Miss anything from pre-pregnancy? Being able to tie my shoes without a problem, oh my has that been a pain.

Movement: I’ve been feeling something it seems like everyday at this point for at least the past week.

Food cravings:  Anything spicy lately, and chocolate milk.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not that I can think of

Symptoms:   Heartburn lately.  DH was so wonderful and brought me some tums when I was at work the other day.

Belly button in or out? Still in

Wedding rings on or off? Off.  :(  They have been for quite a while now just because they were feeling uncomfortable, but I tried to put them on the other day and that was a no go.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy.

Looking forward to:  DH finally being able to feel our boy kick.

Goals for the week:  Try to up my water.  I have noticed when I’m at work I tend to forget about it and I get home and drink about 3 to 4 glasses of water before bed.

2810 posts
    Sugar bee

How far along? About 20 weeks

Stretch marks? None yet

How’s your sleep? Pretty good. I can sleep through the night okay.

Best moment this week: Going to Melting Pot for restaurant week. Yum, yum!

Miss anything from pre-pregnancy? I was never a big drinker, but I do miss alcohol. Sometimes I really want a margarita, especially when I’m at a Mexican restaurant. 

Movement: I can feel small movements every once in a while. I’m looking forward to the moment when DH can feel the movements too. 

Food cravings: Soft pretzels with cheese and icecream. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: I used to eat seafood all the time, but now I pretty much avoid it. I find it very unappealing. 

Symptoms:   Not many. I sometimes feel heartburn.

Belly button in or out? In

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy

Looking forward to:  Buying the nursery furniture

Goals for the week: Picking out the nursery furniture

701 posts
    Busy bee

@bjm1119:  Thanks!  It was funny- on the way to the hospital for the anatomy scan, DH and I saw a billboard for a new movie coming out, and it said “LENA” on the bottom, with the character’s picture on it.  Then, when we sat down to sign in at the hospital, before the ultrasound, the lady that sat down next to us said “hi, I’m Lena So and So” and she was signing in too.  At that point, I went OK, I guess I know what they’re going to say!  We are still not 100% sure on Lena, but I felt like that was the universe saying “That’s her name!”

Here’s her picture!  Looks like she’s sucking her thumb!  All through the scan she kept covering her face with her arm, as if to say- no paparazzi please! 

1647 posts
    Bumble bee

@bwaychick:  Awww so cute! My mom told me that I sucked my thumb every time she saw me in an ultrasound, and that she could HEAR me sucking my thumb while I was still in her belly! Lena is very nice!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.