(Closed) June 2013 brides – Done/To-Do List

posted 6 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
1132 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Venues, DJ, make up, bakery and STDs are all done (still have to send out STDs though). Our wedding is destination for most, and we’re planning a CA wedding from DC, and also planning a move, so it’s nice to get things out of the way now before things get too crazy. The to do list is basically meet with vendors on a trip to CA to visit my parents, but not too much, just little things here and there.

Post # 4
31 posts
Newbee

Accomplished:

Venue, Photographer, Catering, DJ

To Do:

Meet with officiant (sometime within the next couple of weeks), Select florist, begin planning honeymoon, dress shopping, choose bakery.

I’m hoping to have almost everything for the wedding completed 4 months prior to the wedding so it is not so overwhelming closer to the date!

Post # 5
2907 posts
Sugar bee

We’ve got the church, reception venue, photographer and DJ booked and wedding party finalized. I have save the dates hanging out in my closet for a few more weeks while I collect addresses, and I’m in the middle of getting proposals from three florists. Dress shopping starts in July! 

Post # 7
149 posts
Blushing bee

We’ve booked our church, reception site, photographer, DJ, bakery, rentals for linens and dishes, limo.  I’ve got my dress, just need alterations.  We finished Pre-Cana last month.  We did our engagement photos already, and printed the Save the Dates. Our invitations are printed, but not assembled.   Some of the bridesmaids have their dresses, but not all of them. 

Still to do: I’m collecting brooches for my bouquet, and bought the flowers for the bridesmaids. Still need to order the boutenierres for the groomsmen, get the tux situation figured out, book our honeymoon, finish making the centerpieces, make the programs, figure out the Welcome Bags, book the rehearsal dinner location, and order the pocketfolds and put together the invites…I’m sure I’m forgetting something! 

Post # 8
268 posts
Helper bee

done: venue, caterer (no menu decided though), photographer, videographer, dress, BM dresses, officiant

next up: FI is doing STDs and DJ, I am looking for a florist and bakery

Post # 9
91 posts
Worker bee

We have already booked our ceremony/reception space,have an officiant (FI’s brother), have our STDs, bought a groupon for letterpress invitations, and have booked our photographer as well as booked our date for engagement pictures. 

I’m a teacher and would like to get a bulk of the wedding planning done this summer, since I don’t have a lot of time during the school year, so I’ve been making appointments to meet with a baker, florist, and linen/decor company.

Post # 10
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Piney River Ranch

Done:  Venue, photographer, videographer booked;  e-pics taken;  STDs ordered;  wedding website finished;  asked wedding party;  lots of brainstorming accomplished/decisions made;  ordering wedding dress on MONDAY (wedding shoes bought also)

Next to Do:  Send out STDs;  search for and book florist, DJ, officiant;  talk to travel agent to help us with our Costa Rica vacation (we have one rainforest hotel picked and need to find a beach hotel and transportation between);  then all the rest.

Post # 11
979 posts
Busy bee

Done : ceremony/reception venue booked, photographer and DJ booked, hotel rooms blocked off, wedding dress being made as we speak!

To Do: Everything else! haha in no particular order: engagement pics (hopefully August), florist, design centerpieces, bridesmaid dresses, decide on menu, honeymoon, get officiant ordained (FI’s BIL), welcome bags, honeymoon plans, invites/stationary and the list goes on…

Post # 12
286 posts
Helper bee

Venues, photography, bridesmaid dresses, decor (kinda) and dress shopping next week..

Post # 13
2437 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@arabesque:  I am sending my STDs out in Ocotber. My date is June 7. I am nervous about family/friends planning vacations.

Post # 14
2437 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Done: Venue, dress, & engagement pictures. I am slacking!!!

Post # 15
13 posts
Newbee

Signed Contracts: Venue, Dress, Florist, Photographer 

Negotiating Contracts with: Caterer, Band, Videographer 

Next Up: Meet with a Rabbi, Save The Dates, Bride’s Maid’s Dresses

Post # 16
726 posts
Busy bee

Wow, you ladies are makin me feel like a slacker. Especially since I’ve been engaged a year now…

I literally just paid off my ceremony dress, which should arrive next month. We already have photographer and planner on board. Already took engagement pics. Finalizing things with the ceremony/reception venue before we sign that contract, then we have to figure out the venue stuff for the other events we’re hosting the day before. Bought my ceremony shoes and have looked at jewelry. Still need to get my reception outfit handled, and my day before stuff, too.

Paper products and floral arrangements will hopefully be handled by family/friend of the family. So I’ll see how that goes haha. 

The topic ‘June 2013 brides – Done/To-Do List’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors