(Closed) June 2013 Brides: Have you booked your Honeymoon?

posted 6 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
2907 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@BakeosaurusRex:  We haven’t – we’re still bouncing around ideas and are both all over the place. (An all inclusive in the Caribbean? An eco lodge in Costa Rica? A week in New Orleans? No idea!) 

Post # 4
1513 posts
Bumble bee

we havent booked yet, but we’ve decided! 4 days in mallorca, spain, to enjoy the beach and relax. then on to barcelona for 3 days, madrid for 3 and then home via 1 day stop in london to see family.

we wanted a beach but i think we would both go stir crazy in a resort type place. we are traveler by nature!

Post # 5
1314 posts
Bumble bee

@bostongirl27:  Oh I am jealous! That sounds amazing!

We’ll be booking in August. Mutlidestination: Curacao, Miami and Orlando. We are marrying in June but going away in July AND bringing our 6 year old with us (hence the stop in Orlando, lol).

Post # 6
2860 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@bostongirl27:  Love that itinerary. Almost makes me reconsider Hawaii

Post # 7
285 posts
Helper bee

We haven’t started booking because we can’t decide on where we want to go – too many places! but we are really hoping to heat up East Coast Canada for a couple of days, then head on over to Europe.

If you are looking for a nice beach/resort type place, I would definitely stick to the east side (carribean/atlantic) rather than the pacific – the waters are great in the pacific but also tend to be rougher and darker, and a bit colder.   Playa Del Carmen has great beaches, but the nicest beach I have ever seen was in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. So ridiculously white, rock free, and crystal clear perfect temp ocean. Only drawback was the resort we stayed at SUCKED.  don’t go to RIU Bambu, haha. 

Post # 8
285 posts
Helper bee

@TheMrs2013:  looks like we have the same date!! 🙂  and I’ve always been curious to check out curacao, it looks so gorgeous… hope you have an amazing time!

Post # 9
4433 posts
Honey bee

We haven’t !  It’s so funny I was just thinking about this on the way home from FI’s house a half hour ago..

We’re either doing a trip to Italy from France, to Milan, Venice, Rome, and Naples/Amalfi Coast…

Or going to Bora Bora or Morea…(depending on the cost?)

Edit:  I forgot to mention the FI’s aunt and cousins live in Naples…so we would stay with them for a few days and I’d get to meet everyone who couldn’t make it…

Post # 10
1314 posts
Bumble bee

@BellaDee:  Amalfi and Bora Bora are both on my MUST TRAVEL TO (someday) list!

@carnivaltheme:  It’s our date for now! We are going to our venue next week to put down our deposit. We are really flexible if that date isn’t free anymore. But, hopefully it can stay the 8th. I’ve become attached to it! 🙂

Post # 11
72 posts
Worker bee

We are going to Puerto Vallarta and Punta Mita, Mexico. My parents have a house in Punta Mita that they are kind enough to let us stay in for free. We considered Europe or Thailand but ultimately decided to save those for when we had time to take a longer trip. It’s a luxury beach resort and some relaxation might be just what my post-wedding brain needs!

Post # 12
3720 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I’m a July Bee, but this is one of the first things we wanted to do when we get engaged (we love traveling). We have to wait until we are a year out to buy the tickets, but it looks like we will do 2 weeks in Greece, Turkey, and Egypt.

Post # 13
368 posts
Helper bee

Haven’t even thought about it yet- ahh!  Anyone have a favorite all-inclusive beach resort to recommend?

Post # 14
268 posts
Helper bee

We’ll be going back to San sebastian and Madrid, Spain. haven’t booked yet though

Post # 15
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

We haven’t booked yet but we’re planning on going glamping in Montana!! I’m insanely excited. If you haven’t heard of Paws Up.. google it! It’s unreal.

Post # 16
33 posts
Newbee

We haven’t booked anything yet, but it’s going to be a cruise to Alaska.  We’ll leave from Vancouver, so we’ll spend a few days there first, then cruise to Alaska and spend a few days there.  I am SO excited for it!

The topic ‘June 2013 Brides: Have you booked your Honeymoon?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors