(Closed) June 2013 Brides, Please Help Me Put my Planning in Perspective!

posted 5 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Wedding bands, guest book, your accessories (hair clip, shoes, undergarments, etc), BM dresses, tuxes for the guys. 

Are you having someone do your hair and makeup day of? If so, make sure you have an appointment. Are you printing up programs or menus? 

Post # 6
268 posts
Helper bee

I think yoi will be fine. for hair an makeup, you can start researching and you can book someone anytime between now and any time up to the month before, especially if youre willing to just go to the salon and have it done rather than the stylist going to your venue

will you be writing any of your own ceremony? you could think of that too. or ask your officiant to help you guys put one together, or just use a ceremony that the officiant already has (my mom is a lawyer and can perform weddings. she has a binder with a few sample ceremonies people can use or tweak to their liking)

another thing to consider is bridesmaid gifts.

Just take a deep breath and slowly work on some manageable tasks you can get done today. You have plenty of time left, and you’ll definitely be able to make it happen

Post # 8
1132 posts
Bumble bee

I’m getting married in CA, and we just went to visit my parents there for the holidays which is the last time we’ll be there before the wedding. We’re also moving to CA the week before the wedding. Crazy? Probably. But, like a PP said, there is plenty of time, just make lots of lists and get things done as early as possible so that when those inevitable surprises come up they don’t fall on top of things that you could have already taken care of.

Post # 9
140 posts
Blushing bee

You seem like you’re in pretty good shape, so don’t stress! My list looks almost identical to yours except that we JUST sent our STD’s today and my friend is DJing so we didn’t have to book one.

Post # 10
341 posts
Helper bee

You’re doing fine!

Booking things doesn’t take too much time, once you set your mind to making decisions.  It sounds like you’re not planning to DIY too much… which is good!

I just realized that there are 25 weeks until my date… which means 25 Saturdays to do the 29 [What was I thinking!?] DIY projects I just listed out.  So… um… I might be dialing that back a bit.

Remember that little things will eat your time as the date approaches (dress fittings, running errands, tallying RSVPs, choosing music)… so try to set little goals for each week.  And, come up with some easy things you can do in the “background” — like crafts you can make while watching a movie.

You’re gonna be fine.  As long as you have a future spouse, an officiant, and a license, you’re in great shape. 🙂  The rest is fluff!

Post # 11
19 posts
Newbee

If it makes you feel better, I haven’t booked ANYTHING for my wedding yet. We just decided LAST MONTH that it would be destination style for ceremony and at home for reception/celebration. (we don’t even have the date for the reception yet)

I am a BIG procrastinator, but also very good and quick at DIY stuff. I have a little more time than just weekends too, as I am a stay at home mom- but daughter is in school during day, so I am not stressed. I am currently a pinterest gawker. Wink

Post # 12
342 posts
Helper bee

I use the knot app wedding checklist to make sure I stay on track. I’m a procrastinator, so it has really helped me. I think its the little things that might get ya, so as long as you are organized and comfortable with the progress, you’ll be ok!

Post # 13
70 posts
Worker bee

Here is what we have planned/booked/done if this gives you any ideas of things you may have forgotten…

Booked the following:

Venue

Caterer

Officiant

Bartender

DJ with uplighting

Guitarist (ceremony)

Day-Of Coordinator

Valet Parking

Chairs/Tables/Tableclothes/Silverware

Picked out bouquet, leis, centerpieces

Photographer

Hair and Make up

Cup Cakery

Hotel Rooms for wedding weekend

Done:

Bought dress

Made cake toppers

Made STDs/Invites/Thank Yous

Decided on Costco for alcohol purchases

Favors

Guestbook

Bridal Jewelry, shoes, and accessories

Sent out STDs this month with invites going out in March

Made various decorations

I can’t think of anything else at this moment… seems like a lot!

The topic ‘June 2013 Brides, Please Help Me Put my Planning in Perspective!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors