posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What team are you on?!
    Team BLUE! : (8 votes)
    18 %
    Team PINK! : (21 votes)
    47 %
    I don't know yet! : (9 votes)
    20 %
    It's going to be a surprise! : (7 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 3
    1553 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Can I be moved to June 22nd? That’s my official due date.  🙂 I can’t wait to find out whether we’re having a boy or girl!!

Post # 5
    1553 posts
    Bumble bee

@KateByDesign:  thanks! 🙂 I’m going to try and be more active in this thread, too! Don’t really have family here or any friends besides my coworkers so it’s nice to come here and know I’m not alone in this pregnancy thing 🙂

Post # 6
    164 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

Thanks for starting a new thread!  

I have always dreamed of having a coed baby shower BBQ rather than an actual shower. We’ve had lots of friends do this and it’s so fun to have a casual get together with all of our friends rather than a formal shower.  I get really anxious being the center of attention so it would take some of that off me.  I know, however, that my husband and my families will not be super comfortable around all of our friends, so my sister offered to throw me a family (ladies only) shower for them to keep everyone happy. i think I’ll be ok with the attention if it’s just family.   Anyone else wanting to do a coed party like shower rather than traditional?

Post # 7
    1835 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

Woohoo new thread! The last one was slacking, hopefully this one will be more active!

Anyways, about the last convo.. I definitely have been figuring out the date with my cousin who’s hosting the shower since my sister, mil, and SIL are flying in for the shower. We were originally thinking May but DH wants everything bought and set up by mid May 🙂

Post # 8
    1553 posts
    Bumble bee

@MrsSnowPoke:  I think a coed shower would be nice. I think I would prefer that in a way because I wouldn’t want dh to feel like he couldn’t be there

Post # 10
    1553 posts
    Bumble bee

@KateByDesign:  that’s a good point though..I think my dh would still feel a little weird because it’s normally just for women. We will see though, still in the beginning stages for it and dh’s sisters are planning it. 

Has anyone registered yet? It’s something I’ve been thinking about but haven’t done quite yet. 

Post # 11
    164 posts
    Blushing bee

I agree. It’s definitely personal taste and  dependent on friends. Our friend’s showers have never felt like baby showers. More like a cookout. No baby themed games or anything. Just like  bocci ball, bean bag toss, darts, cookout food (hamburgers, hot dogs) and plenty of beer, which makes the guys really happy. Haha.  Hoping to have a similar feel. :). 

Post # 12
    164 posts
    Blushing bee

@roweboat:  we have discussed registering but haven’t taken the plunge yet.  Have you thought about where you want to register at?  We have a Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us right by us but can’t figure out which we would rather use.  I think we will probably do Amazon too because we have several online shopping friends and lots of people that live out of town. 

Post # 13
    1835 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

I think we’ll do a ladies only shower and have hubby show up towards the end to thank everyone for the gifts with me and cut the cake maybe. I like coed showers, but I like a traditional one a little more. My sister had a gender reveal for her third baby and invited husbands too and even though it was just food and hanging out, a few of my uncles asked me why they were invited to a baby shower lol

Post # 14
    784 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@MrsSnowPoke:  I think I’ll do Amazon and BRU.  I’ve heard some people say that Amazon didn’t work out for them – that most people bought from the BRU list – but things seem to be cheaper on Amazon so I’m keeping it.

Can I take us to a boring topic?  I’m updating my W4 at the office this week and should I put down “1” for the dependent that is coming in June?  I don’t know if this will screw things up and if I should wait to give birth before altering my tax exemptions. 

Post # 15
    377 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@KateByDesign:  I’m actually June 12 now!  Thanks for starting a new thread.

Post # 16
    83 posts
    Worker bee

I am June 30th now, though I hope the baby comes closer to my original due date and not July!

I don’t get to find out gender for another month (at least), so I am very jealous of all of you who know.   

I went to a co-ed baby bbq last summer.  It was just a close group of friends, so it was much more relaxed than a traditional shower.  I really enjoyed it.  My husbands work will throw us a co-ed shower for his coworkers, but other than that one, I think my friend/family showers will be traditional. 

@cali_cat:  I believe you can update now, since the government considers you a parent for the full year and not just the 6 months you have the baby.  At least that was how it worked when we got married, we could change our status in January, even though we didn’t get married until June. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors