June 2014 Bees – anyone else super-stressed out or worried?

posted 3 years ago in June 2014
Post # 2
1722 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

June 14th wedding here, too!

I’m not crazy anxious yet but I’ve been very busy with the end of the school year (first year teacher). Once school is finished I have 13 days to pull everything together.  Yikes! 

Things will definitely work out and you’re right, the wedding day will probably be the first opportunity to relax! 

Do you have a wedding countdown timer on your phone? Mine freaks me out every time I look at it! Just over a month left! 

Post # 3
437 posts
Helper bee

I am a June 14th bride too! I keep having freak out moments. It’s not all the time though. We already got our marriage license, we can get ours 60 days out from the wedding here. I still need table numbers and a table for our sweet heart table. Ugh. Decorations. I need flowers. Abc license. Oh boy time for another freak out. xD 

Post # 4
542 posts
Busy bee

I freak out when I allow myself to think about everything that still needs to be done. Especially since I am out of days off to take before the wedding and have 2 long weekends where I am away before the wedding on June 14. No pressure!

Post # 6
1248 posts
Bumble bee

For the last year and half I’ve been crafting away and happy.  But right at the 7-week mark the vendors started driving me nuts.

One of the hotels (Holiday Inn) that we blocked has told several guests that our rate has either expired or doesn’t exist. I did this a year ago and have a contract that states the rate doesn’t expire until June 12th.  I’ve had to try to track down people to get the mess corrected.  

They started construction with no warning at my venue (a historic site)–this is beyond a mess (literally)-but at least the managers of the venue have been responsive to my concerns.  The building is owned by the county and just decided to start a major renovation this summer.  This causes me the most stress. Hard hats at the wedding???

Our bartender (beverage caterer) missed the deadline to file the proper paperwork for the liquor permit (ugh), after two crazy days we got that fixed.

I live in a town with most unprofessional businesses.  I don’t trust any of them.  They have no idea of what a contract truly means.  It drives me crazy and I fear the zilla will come out.

–Oh, and I still need a cake (oops, that’s on me).

Post # 8
232 posts
Helper bee

I hope you guys get things worked out and get to de-stress! I have a few days left and the only thing worrying me right now is the rain we have had this week. It is not supposed to rain any more before Sat., but I hope it stays that way and the ground dries. The whole ceremony and reception are outdoors and we have no plan B. 

Post # 9
1248 posts
Bumble bee

Jezika:  I think changing venues would be a major stressor, especially if the old venue is trying  to cheat and hassle you.  

I finally got our cake and other desserts–Donut Bank 🙂  I had been to so many cake tastings over the last year and none of them thrilled me.  I thought for the price they would taste better than grocery store cakes, but they didn’t.  I had a Donut Bank cake at my shower and it was awesome.  Very inexpensive too.  So that is done.

You many need to prioritize your craft list and let some of it go.

For me, the venue is still under construction and it is up and down with that.  Not much I can do about, so I try to just look past it and keep on my to do list.

In the end of the day, we just need to get married (top priority) and hope that our guests have a good time.

Post # 10
1024 posts
Bumble bee

So sorry to hear about your stressors! My wedding is the 21st and just yesterday I experienced my first bridal break down because my florist hadn’t contacted me in over a month after I emailed her twice, called her cell phone and left a message, and then called the store. Luckily she called me last night after my fiance ended up calling for me again. Our payment is due tomorrow and the revisions were due on Monday, and I had a lot of revisions, so I was freaking out!

I have a bridesmaid that dropped and now that the wedding is closer, I keep freaking out that things are going to go all wrong and nothign will look right

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors