(Closed) June 2014 Bride!! What I have done so far – tell me about you!

posted 5 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 3
703 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Hello fellow June ’14 bride! I’m one week earlier than you, but so far we have:

-booked our reception (paid 2 deposits)

-bout my dress (paid 2 deposits) 

-found our invitations (still waiting to pull the trigger on those since we’re still so far out)

-almost settled on our florist….we have on emore appointment next week.

-asked all of our bridal party (including readers, Flower Girl, Ring Bearer, etc) 

and in 2 weeks my girls and I are going to pick out their dresses:) 

i think we’re in pretty good places! 🙂

Post # 4
960 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@Coopsie:  Brides Project is a cute store, you’ll find more options if you’re a smaller size and flexible on the white colour. Im a bridal 14/16 when I was looking there and only found one I loved but it wasn’t white and my mother wouldn’t budge about that.

Have a backup place to go to if you need to. I ended up purchasing at Windsor Bridal, they frequently have an off the rack sale where you save 40-60% if you buy the sample and they have a huge selection of dresses 🙂

Post # 5
1101 posts
Bumble bee

Hello Junes-’14!

I’m a DIY bride -an American marrying a Canadian, both in the states. I’m DIY by choice–I love making things and have a large craft room.

We’ll be having a 150-160 guests with the ceremony & reception in one historical venue.

We have booked and paid the venue –Which we absolutely love–It’s a 19th century baroque courthouse (no longer used as a courthouse):

Bought my dress, slip, tiarra

I’m just finishing making my 3-tier cathedral veil

Save the dates are done, but not sent (I’ll send after June 28 of this year to avoid any confusion)

Purchased all the linens for the reception (Craigslist score! I pick them up today)

I have finished a lot of projects already but am currently working on the centerpieces -I’m making painted paper flowers and 1000 origami cranes (I’m at crane #364).

Post # 6
3277 posts
Sugar bee

Hello! We are planning a June 7th wedding with about 350 guests in Southern Illinois. So far we have booked the reception venue/caterer, church/officiant, bought my ceremony dress, picked out of Save the Dates but not ordered (sending October), and asked the wedding party. Planning to book a photographer and DJ this week! So excited to plan with you ladies!

Post # 7
2376 posts
Buzzing bee

June 14 here, small wedding in Madison, WI!  We’re trying to keep it at 64 people, max would be 80.  So far, we have booked/finished/purchased:

Ceremony & reception site, which includes catering (we still have to make a final menu decision)
Invitation design is finished, pending final menu decision to print.
Created invitation list A & B
Picked out suits for fiance and groomsmen
Finalized color and overall style for bridesmaid dresses, still not completely decided yet.
Purchased the bases for our centerpieces
Booked our photographer.

Next up – the dress!

Post # 8
1785 posts
Buzzing bee

Hi ladies!

So far we have booked our venue (initial deposit only, so far.)
Booked our photographer and they allow monthly payments so we’re using that option!
Decided on and tried centerpieces
Bought my dress, and paid in full
Bout my accesories (jewerly, garters, veil, tiara)
Booked makeup and hair
Ordered Save-The-Date Cards and invitations
Booked officiant
Finalized color schemes
Asked the wedding party and bought gifts for them and both sets of parents
Finalized guest list

…and I’m sure other things! I’m a definite type-A personality!

Post # 9
199 posts
Blushing bee

@Coopsie:  Ohh you’re my date twin!

Well we are getting married in a tinsy tiny village in Wales (where I grew up) in the church aprox 10 seconds away from my parents house with a marquee reception in their garden.

So far we have booked our amazing florist, the photographer and the top hat and tails hire. My parents have decided on a marquee to buy and mum and I have decided on a pattern for the wedding dress which she is making.

We don’t need to book caterers or anything because we will be doing all of that ourselves.

The problem with me sorting out everything early is that now I am sat twiddling my thumbs for the next year. Zzzzzzz.

Post # 10
1183 posts
Bumble bee

We have booked:

• venue
  • ceremony
  • officiant
  • created a room block (which is full already!- so we will likely have to create another)
  • photographer
  • videographer
  • florist (and gotten some centerpieces on our own)

Other stuff we have done:

• flower girl basket (made it myself)
  • created a registry
  • selected bridal party
  • finalized guest list (135 guests)
  • ordered welcome bags (obviously haven’t put anything in them yet)
  • got wedding bands
  • looked at invitation samples
  • got outfits for our engagement pictures
  • gone to a tasting at our venue (just for fun)

Stuff we plan to do before the summer ends:

• get my dress
  • get my moms dress
  • order the invitations
  • pick out favors
  • take a look at bridesmaid dresses (not pick yet)

Many of the things we are SUPER early on doing- my mom insists on getting a lot of the way while we can- I dont disagree! I am in graduate school and will not have much time once fall comes! 

Post # 11
88 posts
Worker bee

Yay so fun! We have done things a little backwards lol…We aren’t officially engaged but we have booked the ceremony/reception venue (i’ll attach a pic below), the wedding coordinator, photographer and baker. We are working on the caterer too. I have pretty much narrowed down my dress choices but will make a final decision in July/August. My Boyfriend or Best Friend has purchased the ring and I know when I will probably get it, but it’s still a secret.

This is a second wedding for both of us so planning is different this time around. We are also going to be house hunting during the wedding planning so I wanted to get the “big” stuff out of the way. We are renting a beach house for the ceremony/reception and his family (from NJ/NY) are all invited to stay for the week. We wanted to have an intimate wedding with family and close friends, and then be able to spend the week with his family who we don’t get to see very often. We have six kids between us so the coordinator is  a big must. I didn’t want to worry about stuff the day-of and didn’t want our moms to either. LOL

Post # 14
960 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@Coopsie:  If you let them know that your price range is that at Windsor they can direct you best. The Brides Project is really a “self help” kind of place. They show you the area the dresses are in your size and say go pick your own so just pay attention to the tags 🙂

Post # 16
13 posts
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Coopsie:  My date is May 2014, but I also got my dresses from Henkka. The girls looove them. Do you have a decorator?

The topic ‘June 2014 Bride!! What I have done so far – tell me about you!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors