June 2014 Brides – Let's Talk About Cake!

posted 3 years ago in June 2014
Post # 3
429 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@sugarpea:  We are having a two tier lace design cake and a groom’s cake. I don’t remember the sizes, but our cost is $345! So excited about that. We also have a hand stamped server set and forks (by far my fav. wedding purchase!)

Your inspirtation is beautiful and by the way you’ve described your cake/serveware I am a little jealous, it sounds so awesome! hehe 🙂

Post # 4
708 posts
Busy bee

Ours will be 5 tiers, from the bottom up the flavors will be:

white with white buttercream frosting,

red velvet wth cream cheese frosting,

lemon with white buttercream frosting,

white wjth cream cheese frosting,

lemon with cream cheese frosting (this layer we will keep for our anniversary) 

The bottom layer will be covered in light pink frosting ruffles, and the top 4 tiers will be covered in light pink frosting and clear crystal sugar sprinkles.

so excited! And while it’s totally a girly cake, don’t feel too bad for my FI, he’s getting a surprise batman/baseball  grooms cake 🙂 

Post # 5
696 posts
Busy bee

We have a 5 tiered cake

Red Velvet with mocha frosting and raspberry filling. With buttercream frosting

it will look something like this

Post # 6
559 posts
Busy bee

We just had our tasting on Sunday!!!  We are doing 2 cakes – one 4 tier cake and a sheet cake for FI.  The four tiers will be (from top to bottom): red velvet, white chocolate w/ raspberry filling, Italian cream, and strawberry.  It will look similar to the below inspiration pic, but with our Star Wars action figures on top.

FI is having a sheet of fresh apple cake with a caramel drizzle.  I think he will also have a Star Wars themed cake.

Post # 7
559 posts
Busy bee

@livelaughlove628:  LOVE LOVE LOVE your cake!  We are Disney fans also – looking forward to a Disney honeymoon!

Post # 8
696 posts
Busy bee

@donna_saur:  Are you going to Disney World? We are going to DisneyLand for our honeymoon!!! thats too funny 🙂

Post # 11
820 posts
Busy bee

@sugarpea:  Our cake is going to have 4 tiers. We’re thinking a 14, 12, 10, and 8 or 16, 14, 12, and 10. Each layer is going to be a different flavor. It’s going to be white frosting with black hearts and pink flowers on the top layer. There’s going to be pillars filled with gems and it’s separating either the bottom and 2nd tier or separate between tier 2 and 3. Our cake topper is pretty heavy so it’s going in between the tier with the pillars. We’re doing round and octagon shaped tiers. Octagon on the bottom then round, then octagon, then round on top. We haven’t made the final decisions yet, but at least we have a pretty good idea of what were doing.

Post # 13
pyramidBee
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - St. Francis of Assisi Church & N.O. Board of Trade

@sugarpea:  Backup, backup.  Cinnamon toast crunch filling? That’s about the coolest thing I’ve ever heard. I now want a Fruity Pebbles wedding cake.  

@livelaughlove628:  super cute cake, and I LOVE the sound of your flavors…red velvet with mocha and raspberry – yum yum!

Post # 15
696 posts
Busy bee

@Miss Pyramid:  my MOH and I ate the whole red velvet cake and the frosting, the lady was impressed that we ate it all, she asked if we wanted more. How can I turn down more red velvet cake?! Needless to say I’m very excited to actually eat the cake

Post # 16
1148 posts
Bumble bee

@sugarpea:  I am soooo jealous of the prices I’m seeing on here!  I had a meeting with our baker today.  The cost before florals (fresh peonies on the top of cake and below the cake stand), is $882. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors