June 2014 Brides: What has been your favourite part of planning so far?

posted 3 years ago in June 2014
Post # 3
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

My favorite part was doing our e pics and booking our honeymoon! I am beyond excited to go on our honeymoon!

My least favorite is just not being motivated to do anything lol I started DIY projects then kinda stopped. I haven’t met with any DJs, florist, videographers, etc and I do not want to go shopping for bridesmaid dresses. I really just want to show up and get married! lol

Post # 4
188 posts
Blushing bee

Favorites: Finding my dress, our engagement session, and booking our honeymoon 🙂

Least favorites: Planning things that aren’t too fun like finding transportation/hotel blocks. Also paying all of our deposits/saving money.

Post # 5
706 posts
Busy bee

Favorites: Dress shopping, booking the honeymoon, engagement pictures, cake tasting, and ordering save the dates!

Least favorites: Meeting with a million different vendors, stressing about the money we are spending on everything, WAITING for the day!

Post # 7
3280 posts
Sugar bee

@sugarpea:  Same. When I got back to school I could hardly even rememer I was planning a wedding I’ve been so busy lol Hopefully I can get a lot done over Christmas. We’re going to Excellence Playa Mujeres in Rivieria Maya! We splurged for the rooftop pool suite and I am so excited! Where are you going?

Post # 8
441 posts
Helper bee

My favorite part so far was dress shopping!

Least favorite, trying to send out these STD’s everytime I think I have everyone’s addresses someone moves! Stay in one place people! lol

Post # 10
188 posts
Blushing bee

@sugarpea:  We’re going to Valentin Imperial Maya in Riviera Maya 🙂

Post # 11
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Fav so far has been doing our save the dates. We did a DIY 3 1/2″ floppy disc. I designed and printed out a sticker label for them. So it’s a mix of my formality and style with his computer nerd. haha. 

Least fav has been dealing with all the drama and BS of skipping a bridal party. I realize my friends are just feeling left out but it’s just been a head ache. First they were upset we didn’t tell anyone for a week. Then that my FI didn’t tell them that he had bought a ring. Now it’s that they didn’t get to go dress shopping with me (I just went into a room in my office and tried on 4 dresses… No all day champagne sipping extravaganza). it’s just affirmed my choice to skip the bridal party. 

Im not looking forward to the spending all of that money part!! Haha

Post # 12
138 posts
Blushing bee

@sugarpea:  My favourite so far has been looking at venues and planning the honeymoon!!

My least favourite has been dealing with our wedding planner… Ughhh just thinking about it stresses me out! and our baker but I think that has more to do with the wedding planner then the actual baker. 

Post # 13
62 posts
Worker bee

My favorite part, like other bees, has been been finding my dress! And starting to make invitations and other DIY projects!

My least favorite part has been worring about getting in shape and all of the stress that comes with it.

Post # 15
62 posts
Worker bee

@sugarpea:  I am totally on the same page with stress.  I have gained 10 pounds since buying my dress and I was going into it wanting to loose quite a bit of weight.  The stress is definitely contributing to it!  Hang in there! Just remember that you will look beutiful in your dress no matter what!

Post # 16
195 posts
Blushing bee

My favourite part was also getting my dress! I went to a cash and carry sale expecting it to be soo busy and for me to leave frustrated that I couldn’t find anything I liked. WRONG! I walked out with a dress, under budget! 

Since then everything I want has either been already booked or rediculously expensive, not fun! I’ll all work out though, that’s my motto!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors