June 2015 Bride to be wanting to get in shape!

posted 2 years ago in June 2015
Post # 2
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Commenting to follow. I’m June 6th!! You?

Post # 3
183 posts
Blushing bee

You may not like my advice but ive been taking claritan D (12 hr) for my allergies which started in the spring. In about 3 months i lost about 12 lbs. i believe this is because the pseudoephedrine lowers my appetite and makes me really thirsty so i drink a ton of water. i am getting married in 2 months and although i wasnt planning to lose weight, im kind of happy i went from 141 to 129 without even trying. If you dont want to take allergy meds consider drinking a lot more water and having a light dinner.

btw: exercise is great for your health but to look good as quickly as possible for your wedding, your diet is going to make a more noticeable difference in shorter time. As far as exercise goes, i would recommend pushups since they tone the most muscle groups at once, especially your arms chest and back which will most likely be showing on your wedding day

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Mango817.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Mango817.
Post # 4
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

For me, weight training gives the best “toning” results. I’m the same weight but my waist is slimmer, and my arms and legs are very toned. I do heavy weights at the gym – mainly squats, Deadlifts and bench presses, but agree with pp that pushups are great too! Try nerdfitness.com for some starter tips on women’s weight training! 

I also do spin classes for interval training for quick weight loss especially around my tummy. 

While exercise is good, what you eat will make the biggest difference. Cutting down on sugar and eating fresh whole foods when possible will make a big difference. Since you have just under a year you shouldn’t need to diet substantially just take it easy to avoid stressing your body. 

Post # 5
3 posts
Wannabee

I am commenting to follow as well, June 20th will be here before I know it!

Post # 6
248 posts
Helper bee

I am may 3 and I have been doing the treadmill light weights and crunches. I also started the my net diary app counting calories. I have lost 7 pounds in about a month and a half(I dont have alot to lose,about 10 total so comes off slower). I have 2 cheat meals per week so I still dont deprive myself. I use apps on my phone for the crunches and the weights. I do it only 3 times a week but for the first time ever I am consistant.

I may try the claritan lol only because I have the worst allergies and maybe that will kill 2 birds with one stone 🙂

Post # 7
248 posts
Helper bee

oh and water with lemon ALL day!!

Post # 8
248 posts
Helper bee

Mango817:  I have horrible allergies, I think I have the claritan D 24 hour in the house, wonder if that would have the same effect….I work hard at keeping my weight down but a little assistance and helping my alleries couldnt hurt lol

Post # 9
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

There isnt a quick fix. I did a figure competition before so I know how to plan for that peak day. Your body is going to fight back if you tried dieting and exercising for the next year. What you can do is lose the weight now and then ease up some on the exercise/diet. Average weight loss is about 1-2 lbs per week. I think 8 weeks before the wedding is plenty of time to diet/workout if you can maintain and are less than 10 lbs from where you want to be. Again, you can try earlier but its tough to not get burnt out. Also, its hard to give suggestions without knowing any background of how you currently eat/exercise. When I did the competition I did 3 days of strength training each week and 5 days of running each week for at least 45 minutes with interval training (sprints/inclines). I ate meat, fish, veggies and then had 2 carb meals each week. I started training in October but it was little cardio and just the 3 days of strength training and no dieting. 8 weeks out I followed the other plan and lost 17 lbs. For competition I was 5’4, 130lbs and 15% body fat. If you never have, look into the differences in body fat percentages in women. I definitely was that girl that was scared of weights before but I promise you the results are great. If you want to check out the difference through my pictures my profile is sarawithnoh19 on bodybuilding.com

Post # 10
217 posts
Helper bee

Not sure in terms of weight loss, but STRENGTH TRAINING is amazing.<br /><br />I find that it really tones me up. Before I started working out, and even when I was only doing cardio (running/spin class), I feel that I was in a “skinny-fat” situation. FI was looking to lose some weight, and strength training helped him out more than cardio.

We were startled by how quickly strength training made a difference in our lives. We go to Gold’s Gym and mainly attend the Group Power classes, but I would also recommend a martial art like Krav Maga if you want to get in shape really quickly. KM got me in the best shape of my life within 3-4 months – it was amazing! Also it allows you to kick ALL the asses!!!

Post # 11
884 posts
Busy bee

I’m 5’6 and 142lbs. I would like to be 130…..or even 125. I have 11 months to my wedding but no plan on how to lose weight………

Post # 12
2125 posts
Buzzing bee

JuneBride.2015:  I’m also 5’7 (and a June bride) – I say run, run, run! I’m training for a half marathon and have finally come to really like running and it makes a big difference. Not only have I lost weight (I’m at ~123 now, after starting at around 135), but it makes your legs look great. It definitely also helps with abs and arms too. Right now, I run 3-4 times a week, and on my off days, I either do yoga/pilates or some very light strength training (mostly abs and arms). Plus, obviously, eating healthy. It’s been working great for me!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors