June 2015 Brides – What Have you Checked Off the List?

posted 2 years ago in June 2015
Post # 2
2126 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

MissGCC:  I haven’t done all that much, either, compared to some of the other Bees!

We’re getting married on June 6th, and we’ve booked our venues (ceremony, reception & hotel blocks), our photographer and our band. I also found my dress last weekend and am going back to order it tomorrow. Next up, I’m figuring out the florist and bridesmaids dresses.

Does your venue including catering? Mine does, but if it hadn’t, that would have been the second thing I would have done. Also, photographers book up fast. So do live bands, if you’re going that route. Those would be the things I’d take care of next, if I was in your shoes.

Post # 3
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - camp in new hampshire

i’m june 13 2015, i have my venue (they do food too, and everyone can stay on site so we don’t need hotel blocks or transportation), dress, dj, photographer, and i just finished our website yesterday! we’re also mostly done with our registry. not sure what i should even be doing next!

Post # 4
979 posts
Busy bee

Head on over to the June 2015 month twins board 😀

I feel like I’m behind compared to most of the other bees on the June 2015 board but we booked our venue, booked photographer, I have my dress, I’ve started on my bouqet already. We pretty much decided on the hotel, but they want us to have the rooms paid by January and I don’t think that’s fair  considering invitations wont be sent out until March! So I’m going to try to have a meeting with the owners.

We still have SO much to do though.

We need to find a caterer and an officiant, but work has been crazy so I’m hoping that in September we can really focus on those things.

Post # 5
27 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married on 5th June and so far I’ve booked the venue, booked registrar, booked the photographer, bought my dress, designed and published a wedding website, designed the invites and started making the decorations. Good luck to my fellow June 2015 brides 🙂 x

Post # 6
163 posts
Blushing bee

My date is June 20th 2015. So far I have booked the venue (same location for ceremony and reception) which also takes care of food/linens/china/all things catering. I also booked my photographer and DJ and ordered my dress. I have a general idea of what I want to do in terms of centerpieces/florals (I will be DIYing) and have started collecting the pieces. Next up for me is ordering save the dates and finding/booking an officiant. 

Post # 7
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: Lombardi's On the bay

I’m getting married on the 20th too.  So far we booked the ceremony/reception venue which includes the food, cake and alcohol.  (deposits are already put down)  We have a meeting with the DJ on monday, I got my dress yesterday, i picked out my centerpieces (but its DIY and I cant order anything until we move in october), i picked out my bouquets (DYI with paper flowers), picked out the cake topper, did the wedding website but am waiting for the engagement pictures to be taken (friend of ours is doing it).  <br /><br />I think the more you can do earlier the better.  Unfortunately, because of work, i had to try and get all the big stuff done this month.

Post # 9
249 posts
Helper bee

MissGCC:  I’m getting married Jun 6th (annb9:  date twins!). So far we have the venue (which include catering), photography, DJ, bridal party, bridesmaids dresses, my dress, save the dates, hotel blocks, hair stylist, and some smaller diy stuff done. I’m currently doing makeup trials and interviewing florists.

I would say you should try and do the biggest stuff first – so after venue, I’d do photography, band/dj, and then the dress given that some places take 9 months to order a dress!

Post # 10
249 posts
Helper bee

brinny04:  Do you mean for a room block? A lot of hotels do courtesy blocks – you just need to ask them! But obviously it depends on the number of rooms your are looking for. Another option might be to split your block between two or three hotels (with various price points to give guests options?) and ask for courtesy blocks at all of them.

Of course if you are set on having everyone at one hotel or have limited options in the area, I realize this might not be possible.

Post # 11
979 posts
Busy bee

Monk6552:  Yea, for a room block. We live in a really rural area. We contacted a local hotel (not a chain) and were going to set up a room block… but then they told us they want us to pay 50% when we “reserve” and then 50% by January.. Our wedding isn’t until June and they used to not even book rooms further than 3 months out!

I would be okay with paying for it *if* they would refund us as the actual guests make their reservations, but they told us they would credit us on a dinner… Well that wont work considering we’re having a rehearsal brunch/luncheon (haven’t decided) and there is no way that we’ll go over $1000 for that, let alone 2!

So, idk. We are going to try to talk to the owners again and see if we can get them to be a bit more reasonable. If we go that route we’ll have 15 rooms for just the wedding party & parents!

Since invitations wont even be going out until April, I just thought January is way too unfair.

Post # 12
380 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Historic house and gardens

My day is June 7th. I feel like I don’t have much left because the big things are done. but i know I still have so many little details to work out.

-Venue is booked and deposit paid, which covers ceremony and reception, all food and alcohol, plus accomodation for our wedding night.

-Celebrant is booked, meeting with her next week.

-Honeymoon is booked and deposit paid. Have to book flights still.

-Transport is sorted.

-Photographer booked and deposit paid

-I think I may have found my dress, but I only started looking on Saturday!

We are not having a cake, flowers, bridal party and some other tradtional wedding things, so it makes my list a bit shorter. At the same time, I have to find ways to make things still seem interesting and not end up too bland.

Post # 13
2264 posts
Buzzing bee

We’ve done most of the big planning so far, but we live in a REALLY competitive area. If you don’t plan early, you don’t get the good vendors!

So far, we have booked:

– venue (which includes tables, linens, chairs, open bar, food, dessert, etc.)

– church and priest

– wedding band (as in music…we are looking at wedding bands in a week ;) )

– photographer,

– florist

– guest transportation

– wedding party transportation

– bride and groom transportation

– lighting

– make up artist booked.

– hair stylist booked.

– We have also taken care of our hotel block.

– Our guest list is finalized and we are waiting on a proof for our save-the-dates.

– Dress, veil, and belt are purchased

<br /><br /><br />

Post # 14
181 posts
Blushing bee

MissGCC:  For me it is easier to say what is NOT done.  My dress is currently being made so techinically I am not done wiht that yet and the only vendor left to secure is a DJ.  All other parts (invite suite, ceremony, centerpieces, attire, decor, rings, HM, vendors etc.) are all done.  

I am an encore bride so our ceremony is more of a:

Do you?…..Do you?  …good…lets go eat and drink!!!  HAHAHA

Post # 15
198 posts
Blushing bee

I haven’t done that much at all 🙁  It really is hard trying to find time to do wedding planning along with everyday responsibilities. So far I have ceremony/reception venue, colors picked out, bridal and grooms parties, my dress and accessories, and a few small items, like flower girl baskets and our cake topper. Geez I have a lot of crap to do!! 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors