June 2015 brides…when are you getting your wedding dress?!

posted 2 years ago in June 2015
Post # 2
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I started looking this month, every salon I went to said it typically takes 4-6 months for the dress to come in I guess it depends on the designer.

Post # 3
399 posts
Helper bee

I just got my dress yesterday! I started looking a month ago just getting idea’s. I went dress shopping yesterday with my bridal party and i fell inlove with it. It was actually on sale so i got a great deal for it and didn’t want to take a chance on not being able to get that dress on time next year.

I talked to my dress consultant and she told me i could buy my dress this year and schedule an appointment in January for a 4 to 6 weeks before my wedding to have my dress altered in time. Alot of dress shop get very busy during “wedding season”. It’s best to get your dress early that’s what the dress shop consultant told me. I’m glad i got it this year (and my veil) that’s one less thing to worry about!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  .
Post # 4
2264 posts
Buzzing bee

FutureMrsJefferson:  I have two appointments to look in July and I’m going to make 2 more appointments for either July or August.

I hope your dress shopping goes well!

Post # 5
957 posts
Busy bee

i’ve decided on my dress but haven’t ordered it yet, I think I will do soon though, one thing to tick off the list.

Post # 6
1969 posts
Buzzing bee

I’ll probably be going in the early fall, either late september or early october.  I’m entirely too busy this summer to be trying on dresses.

Post # 7
267 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Got mine in january, it came middle of May 🙂

Post # 8
325 posts
Helper bee

I bought my dress on May 30th, and it has just come in!

Post # 9
979 posts
Busy bee

I bought mine off the rack (discontinued dress). I am changing quite a bit on it (adding beading, changing the back from a corset to a button closure, adding straps).. so that’ll take time.

The dress will probably start to be altered in September (it’s at my moms in Iowa right now, as we found it in her town while I was visiting). She comes back in August and then we’ll meet with the seamstress and go from there.

One of the dresses my best friend loved was going to take 8-9 months! So, definitely ask that before you fall in love with one later on that you may not have time for.

Post # 10
559 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Thorpewood

I just bought mine yesterday!  I didn’t expect to get one already because it was my first time going out, but I found the perfect dress for me and had to get it.

Post # 11
249 posts
Helper bee

FutureMrsJefferson:  I’ve been looking since March – have another appointment next week and the week after. Will absolutely order by September.

Post # 12
380 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Historic house and gardens

I haven’t thought about when I will start looking yet. I’ve had a bad knee and gained a couple kilos, so I want to get them back off before I head off and get myself depressed. I hate shopping and it’s such an important item, so I want to be in the right mindset. I’ve been told it can take 6 months, so will have to get my butt in gear by october I guess.

Post # 13
172 posts
Blushing bee

I am scheduling my first appointment for the end of this month (July) and I am hoping to make a few more in August. My situation is a little weird, though – I live on the other side of the state for school and am trying to get a few things done while I’m home so my mom and sister/MOH can be with me! 🙂

Post # 14
2125 posts
Buzzing bee

I already have mine. I started looking as soon as I got engaged, which was back in Feb, and I found one a couple months after that. I bought it off the rack and got an amazing deal so I just had to snatch it up. 

Post # 15
4 posts
Wannabee

OMG!!  I starting looking, but I haven’t found “the one” yet. I have one in mind that I love, but I don’t plan on buying til August/September. So I guess I’ll be having more appointments?? Uurrgh!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors