June 2015 Brides– When Are You Sending STDS?

posted 2 years ago in Paper
Post # 2
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I say them now! It’s so exciting to!  June is a very busy so you’d rather people have it on their schedule.  Personally I sent them at 9 months but also more half of our guests also live out of state.

Post # 3
1373 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I’m also a June 2015 bride, planning on sending ours out late October/early November. I would rather get the jump on it and have them out ASAP.

I figure it will give those far away a good chance to plan. Also, my theory is that if you can’t remember my wedding date because you don’t have your 2015 calendar, well I don’t know how badly you want or need to be there then 😉 

Post # 4
113 posts
Blushing bee

We’re waiting on getting the rest of our engagement pictures back, and as soon as we do, we’re ordering our Save the Dates!  So we’re shooting to put them in the mail early November.

Post # 5
716 posts
Busy bee

I don’t think it matters.  If you are ready, then go ahead and send them out.  If you need more time, then wait until mid-January.

I’m sending my STDs for my 4/25 wedding, end of October, so 6 months in advance.  My honest opinion is that those who are going to attend will attend and those who are not going to attend are not going to attend.  Those who are on the margin won’t decide until they receive your actual invitation.  Bottom line is that I don’t think it matters.  Think about it this way, traditionally no one sent STDs, just invitations.  Anything that only came into practice recently can’t be all that important.

Post # 6
3707 posts
Sugar bee

ASAP! June is a very busy month for people- vacations, weddings, graduations and their parties. Ours were sent out 10 months before, with website on the StD (included room block and travel information). However, you’d be surprised the number of people who still didn’t come, because they didn’t prioritize re-aranging their work schedules, to have the day off, signed-up for an educational conference, etc.

Post # 7
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I sent them 7 months in advance. I’d say send them now.

Post # 8
1272 posts
Bumble bee

I am also a June 2015 bride, and we already sent ours. I wish we had waited a little longer because now it would be more difficult to cancel the wedding and elope hahahha, but I think it would actually be a good idea for you to send yours this month. June is such a busy time…. even November is starting to get them mixed in with holiday catalogues and mailing adverts. January is definitely too late.

Post # 9
144 posts
Blushing bee

My family is sitting down during Thanksgiving to get them ready to send. It will be before the Christmas rush, mostly, but still gives everyone plenty of time

Post # 10
2302 posts
Buzzing bee

we’re aiming to have ours in the mail for november – june is a super busy month! also, we’re inviting 160 and 90 people need to fly – so we figure, they would be happy for the extra notice!

Post # 11
725 posts
Busy bee

We’re sending them out next week ahhhh

Post # 12
126 posts
Blushing bee

We actually sent ours out in August, but we’re having a destination wedding, so it was polite to give everyone as much notice as possible.

MKWeddingBee:  I agree! Part of me wishes we could just fly to italy or something with our parents. buuut oohh well, just gotta suck it up I guess.

Post # 14
107 posts
Blushing bee

aqporteous:  I sent my July 2015 ones out already. Months ago. I was tired of people asking when the wedding was (weird I know), so I figured it was time to “officially” tell everyone– so I put together a wedding website and sent out the STDs with the link on them.

Post # 15
249 posts
Helper bee

aqporteous:  We are sending ours the first week in November to avoid Thanksgiving/holiday card traffic. Our wedding is June 6th.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors