June 2015 Brides with not much planned?

posted 3 years ago in June 2015
Post # 2
1099 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

I have nothing booked either yet. I would check out the venue you want, find out if your date is available and if it is, check with the other vendors you’re most concerned about and make sure they are all available then too. Do they have a way you can send the deposit to the venue after you look at everything so you don’t have to blindly book it then hope for the best with the rest of the vendors?

Post # 3
837 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015 - Malibou Lake Mountain Club

taraelizabeth:  Hello Fellow Bee. I too am a June 2015 Bee.

My FI and I first looked around, compared pros/cons, refundable items, etc. Most places will refund some of your deposit; but depends on the vendor.

My FI and I booked the venue already, and have planned most of our items (this is mostly because I suffer of anxiety; and he is finishing his post-grad in May 2015). So we are doing the most of the planning items this Summer, and just not worry for the next few months.

Have you tried utilizing theknot.com or the weddingplanner app? This has helped me with managing the scheduling, looking up reasonable locations and vendors, etc.

Post # 4
1230 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

We haven’t paid for a damn thing but my dress ($500 eBay!). We do have a venue reserved with first right of refusal, but are still in saving mode. I’m meeting with a photographer next week to discuss what pricing options are available. I’ll prob pay a deposit on that. We will also pay a deposit on venue by beginning of July. I want to make sure we have a venue at least secured before we start planning anything else. If something were to happen, we don’t want to be stuck with anything we’ve paid for that isn’t appropriate for an alternate venue. 

Post # 5
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: St. Paul, MN

I’m not sure how quickly things are booked in NH, but I feel like you would be fine waiting until you meet with them on June 13 to finalize things. You could ask if the DJ would hold a date and contact you if someone had an inquiry on the same date? A lot of photographers I met did that.

I am getting married June 6, 2015 in Minneapolis.. we do not have a DJ yet. I honestly feel like they’re a dime a dozen. 😛

Post # 6
979 posts
Busy bee

taraelizabeth: good luck today!

We don’t have a caterer or a dj yet. We booked the venue about a week or so ago (we also got engaged in April!). The only other thing we have booked is the photographer and that’s because he’s my uncle 😛 

The catering, dj, and officiant are the next things on my list. I’m least worried about the DJ.

Post # 7
224 posts
Helper bee

Pearls.and.Peonies:  Hi date twin! I’m not yet engaged but the engagement should be here any day now! He promised lol and according to my knowledge, everything is on track. We have not booked anything yet but we have been doing lots of research (meeting with photographers, venues, etc.) I’m ordering my dress next month after I do fittings and booking the venue at that time too. We will be attending a wedding sho next month so we will be very busy! 🙂

Post # 8
1628 posts
Bumble bee

I am waiting to hear if our venue still has the date we want open. I started planning before so know who I am going to use for a DJ, photographer, florist, etc but I need to let them know the date once I know it. I have my dress already so that is one thing done. Need to get alterations though and book the church, etc. So much to do! 

Post # 9
612 posts
Busy bee

Hello June 2015 Bees!

I too have not done much, I have booked the venue (reception and ceremony in same location, it is also a resturant so food/drinks are covered) and purchased my dress & veil. I’m still trying to decide on a photographer, start my website and finalize Save the Dates. We haven’t decided if we are going to use a DJ yet and we still need to find an officiant. SO much to coordinate!

Post # 10
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2015

taraelizabeth:  OMG! I have the same weddign date. I have foudn the venue and even the phone but have not reserved it. The venue, has a soft hold for me at the time though. But I have been lagging on the planning. Ive been engaged probaley since March. 

Post # 11
1969 posts
Buzzing bee

Well my wedding date is June 27th, 2015, and I haven’t done much at all.  I got the ring back in March, but we took so long trying to find a venue.  We started venue hunting at the end of june and we just booked our dream venue yesterday.  We were actually going to go with another place, but there was an issue with it, so we had to start the venue hunt all over last month.  The venue we’re going with is very popular and books well in advance, so It was like fate that they still had our date available, which is a Saturday in June!  

To date we have:

– The ceremony and reception venue (same location)

– The catering (being taken care of by the venue)

– I’ve picked a dress (but, I won’t be placing the order until mid December.  It’ll take 16 weeks)

– I’ve figured out the centerpieces

I still need:

– photographer

– violinist for the ceremony

– to figure out the reception music (thinking about just using an ipod, but not sure yet)

– get the STDs out

– get the wedding website up

– hotel room blocks

– the cake

– book hair and make up

– officiant

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors