June 2015 Mamas Part 2!

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
162 posts
Blushing bee

MrsBaldEagle:  Thanks for starting the new thread!

I wanted to reply to melisandescott in the other thread, but it got closed!!  So here’s my reply here:  I’m a teacher too, except I teach college and have all three of my classes on TR.  I am absolutely exhausted by the end of those days.  Plus running from building to building on my large and hilly campus is not helping things.  I really hope I don’t have to throw up in the middle of class, because I honestly don’t know what I would do.

Post # 4
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

TuxedoKitty:  That’s crazy – I at least get to stay in my own classroom.  But, I teach middle schoolers, and after certain classes I am exhausted (and I swear they also make the nausea worse – lol).  I haven’t had to vomit at all yet, and today was actually a pretty good day.  I’m really just hoping genetics plays a big part (my mom was only sick for 2 weeks when she was pregnant with me).  Probably a pipe dream, but I am going to go with it!

Post # 5
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

TuxedoKitty:  melisandescott:  I am a school teacher too! i have been lucky so far and have not experienced too much nausea. I am usually just exhausted no matter what time of day it is. I teach senior secondary so the kiddies always come to my room 🙂 

Post # 6
844 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Anyone else have their first U/S coming up soon?  DW’s is coming up on Friday!  We’re both starting to get a little anxious!  FX that everything looks good!

Post # 7
191 posts
Blushing bee

curlymama318:  I had my first ultrasound on Monday. It was a dating ultrasound and it was right on the money 7 weeks 2 days. This is my first child and it was so crazy to see it. It even moved around! I saw the little heartbeat too. They didn’t give me photos but she let me take pictures on my phone so I took a picture and a video. I’m going to tell my mom I am expecting on Saturday and it will be nice to show her a little picture of my blueberry size baby! My next U/S is at 11-12 weeks for the nuchal testing.

Post # 8
693 posts
Busy bee

curlymama318:  I have an appt Friday, but am not sure if there will be an ultrasound. They were calling it my first prenatal. Is it standard that an ultrasound is done?

Post # 9
1722 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’ve been stalking this thread.  So, I might as well take the bait! 

ROLL CALL

Due date: 6/23/14

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 17 DPO; my cycles are 32 days

How long did you try before your BFP? 2 mos. Stopped birth control mid-August

If trying for awhile, what was different this month? 

Any symptoms yet?  Nausea after eating, acne (I swear, it’s acne-on-acne), sore boobs, and exhaustion.

What are you most excited about?  …still have lots of worries/nerves right now.

What are you most nervous about? That something goes wrong but DH and I are being pragmatic about this.  If things don’t work out, we can try again and/or adopt.

What will you miss most while pregnant? OMG, sushi.  I love sashimi.

Who have you told so far?  My sisters, boss (had to; I have to upcoming prenatal appts so close to one another), and close girl friends.

Include a picture of your BFP if you want!

Post # 10
1722 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

melisandescott:  My OB/GYN’s office breaks down the prenatal visits.  First one at 8 weeks is the physical exam (pap), blood/urine, and paperwork.  And, the visit on week 10 is the ultrasound visit with the consult re: genetic testing.   UGH.  Such a long wait for me!  BUT I’ve heard it’s all different for different offices.

Post # 11
126 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

i just want to take a hot bath 🙁

curlymama318:  we have already had 3. yikes! so exciting for you 2!

mnp:  congrats and welcome!

Post # 12
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I had another ultrasound today at 10 weeks (vaginally) and the dr asked if we wanted to know the sex. I said yes but asked if it was was to early. She said that since she was the ultrasound was vaginal the picture was really clear,  and she had a good view. She told me she is 99% sure it is a boy. She told me to wait for my next apiontment in 3 weeks to confirm and hold off on buying clothes for now. im in shock that she thinks she knows this early. 

Post # 13
693 posts
Busy bee

mnp:  yea – we have an initial appt with the dr Friday, but we’re going to switch to a midwife after.  I had this appt scheduled already, so figured we’d go (i already did the bloodwork). I’m not meeting with the midwife for another 2 weeks, but they told me DH didn’t need to be there, so I’m thinking that there won’t be an ultrasound then, either.

I’m bummed – I see so many women getting them aroud 7-9 weeks.  I’m almost 7 – I just want to see!

Post # 14
693 posts
Busy bee

Vanilla-latte:  That IS early!  But that’s awesome, if it turns out to be right.

Post # 15
693 posts
Busy bee

mnp:  Welcome, and congrats!  I miss sushi, too.  A coworker was taking some others out to lunch and asked if I liked sushi, so she could bring me some back.  I didn’t realize how much I missed it until THAT.MOMENT.  I ended up having to lie and say I didn’t like it, because I didn’t really want to tell her the truth… 🙁

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors