June 2017 bees – what's your stress level?

posted 2 months ago in June 2017
Post # 2
652 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

kimmybee77 :  Mine is 3 weeks from last Saturday, and I’m definitely starting to feel the stress of getting everything done in time and not forgetting everything.  I’m having a weird balance of stress and IDGAF haha luckily my coordinator is amazing and handling most of the behind the scenes details so I can focus on the fun things, like the decorating 🙂

Post # 3
294 posts
Helper bee

June 3rd bride here and at this point…I’m honestly pretty stress free and just plain happy!  Everything is falling into place, the weather looks like it will be perfect, vendors are getting paid, my final fitting went perfectly and my dress looks amazing, etc.

Take a deep breath and let yourself be excited instead of stressed!  Everything will work out and you are SO close to being MARRIED 🙂

Post # 4
962 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Vineyard on Long Island

i’m jumping on this because i’m July 1 (June 30 + 1 day… counts, kinda?) and I also need a vent…. holy its getting real hahah

I’m paying off vendors and setting up the “Final” chat with each since I’m long distance and can’t go visit them all.  Finalizing our menu, submitting our music choices to the DJ, finalizing floral counts, tallyign up RSVPs….. ahhhh so real!

I’m also a weird mix of stressed TF out and IDGAF, like weird details taht I’ve left hanging for months I’m like… yeah idc pick whichever is cheapest/easiest, but I’m anxious to finally have all the RSVPs in and such, and that adds stress.  Plus my weight’s been swinging in like a 10-lb range over the past few weeks so i can’t wait for my final dress fitting *eyeroll*

Also, I’m boxing up centerpieces and reception decorations and realized yesterday that I can’t fit all my decorations, centerpieces, and like my own clothes in my car to drive down to my venue before my wedding…… so FI and I have to take separate cars, each completely packed with boxes and things, to drive the 3.5 hours to drop everything off the day before our wedding. At least we found out now and not a month from now, but still, I’m annoyed haha

Post # 6
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

June 24 bride here! I have been pretty stress-free until this week when literally EVERY VENDOR is sending me detail questionairres to fill out and I feel like I’m drowning in paperwork. Also, our RSVP deadline was yesterday and we are missing a number of RSVPs so I have to track down the non responders. 

I have my first dress fitting on Saturday and I haven’t seen my dress in year! Since I bought it I’ve dropped about 30 pounds and I am stressing about all the alterations that will need to be done! Luckily I paid the alteration fee at Kleinfeld’s when I bought my dress so even if they have to build me a new dres… it’s paid for!

Post # 10
652 posts
Busy bee

kimmybee77 :  hahaq exactly, if they care about it so much (and I don’t), I will glady accept volunteers to help! tongue-out

Post # 11
621 posts
Busy bee

Lol, something like this! My date is 26th of June, but we are leaving for Japan in 3 weeks and trying to get an approval for a new rental property before we go. I’m also finishing up the last two weeks of my university studies and have two assignments and an exam.

The wedding itself is a destination ceremony in the US, so there isn’t much stress around that – it’s already planned and good to go (very small), but the final weeks before we head off for the first leg of our vacation is definitely building up the stress levels.

Post # 12
155 posts
Blushing bee

June 6 here and I’m pretty relaxed. Picking up the dress this weekend, then rings the week before. A little worried about a guest who thinks they might not attend (small destination “elopment”) now that all numbers are confirmed and paid for. My biggest worry is reactions post-wedding, as most family dont know about it (including my dad and siblings) but they’ll just have to deal with it.

Post # 13
411 posts
Helper bee

kimmybee77 :  So, im not a June bride, I was an April bride. But I had the same finance concerns as you, and I kept thinking how am I suppposed to enjoy this day knowing I have spent a house deposit on it. But it was the best day ever, and I dont regret a second of it. I have spent every day since thinking about how awesome it was smile

Post # 15
595 posts
Busy bee

My stress level is probably expoentially lower than most brides since we are eloping, but because I’ve been in nursing school (my first semester just ended!) I procrastinated so many things lol.

We picked up our wedding bands yesterday and just today I ordered my petticoat, veil, garter, robe, shawl, earrings, and shoes. FH and I also dropped his suit off for tailoring today and he needs to figure out his accessories. Right now I’m waffling on wedding night/weddingmoon lingerie and what to wear under my dress (those with Mrs. LastName on the butt are so cute!) but I definitely feel better with all those things crossed off my to-do list. It’s definitely crunch time around here, that’s for sure! Still need to file the marriage license, have my dress altered (appt is next week!), have my hair trial (also next week!), and send payment to our photographer.

My #1 biggest stressor right now is makeup. I need to get my butt to Sephora and decide on my look so I can start practicing.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors