June 21, 2014 brides & grooms

posted 3 years ago in June 2014
Post # 3
40 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@Cynderbug:  Hey fellow 6/21/14 bride!  I’m glad your date didn’t clash with your presentation!  We haven’t gotten very far in our planning… we just got engaged Sunday! But since we’ve been talking about it for a while now, we at least have our colors, style, overall wedding “vibe” and have narrowed down our venue options.  How far have you all gotten?

Post # 5
94 posts
Worker bee

Yay twins! So far, I ordered my dress, picked out bridesmaids dresses, chose a venue (FMIL’s backyard), spoke with the church and the pastor agreed to marry us, started purchasing things for the centerpieces, hired a photographer, and have a guest list w addresses..so much more to do.

Post # 6
230 posts
Helper bee

@Cynderbug:  hello all June 21 brides!

@nicolettekds- where in Colorado are you getting married? We are having the reception in our backyard but ceremony still tbd. I bought my dress this weekend and booked a photographer. 

So far that seems to be it! Wait I reserved a tent and am about half way through collecting china and stuff in place of rentals… finished my save the dates and I WON some up-lighting package at a bridal show so I guess I have lights too 🙂

Post # 7
188 posts
Blushing bee

Congrats! I’m a June 21st bride too 🙂 We’ve been engaged since August ’12 so I have had a good amount done for awhile. 

We have:

-Our venue booked in October

-Church booked for ceremony

-Photographer booked in November

-Videographer booked in November

-Florist booked

-Transportation booked

-DJ booked

-Hair stylists and make up artist booked

-Dress bought 3 months ago, and shoes/accessories

-Ordered bridesmaids dresses

-Guest list complete

-Getting engagement photos in 2 weeks

-Have started purchasing/making a lot of decor

Post # 8
2163 posts
Buzzing bee

Eeeeee I’m a June 21 bride tooooo! We’ve booked our venue (ceremony and reception at the same place) and they cover so many things that I really don’t need to do much except for making the wedding unique to us.

I’ve tried on dresses and I’ve fallen in love with one but I didn’t want to commit too early, since the shop I went to is the only one in our small town and I wanted to try some on in a bigger city…however I’m having second thoughts about trying on more dresses because I’m so in love with the one…

and honestly, I think that’s really it. I’ve been making paper flowers for centerpieces and that’s going very well, I’m not done yet tho.

Post # 9
878 posts
Busy bee
Hey Ladies!!! 

im getting Marie on June 20,2014 but being only 1 day prior I figured I would contribute heehee!!!

So far we have:

– Set the date.. Obviously lol…
-Chosen our wedding party

-Booked our venue; a country club which includes outdoor ceremony on the terrace right in front of the river, The venue also includes our cocktail hour with passed appetizers as well and the reception where we will have a choice of three difference plates for dinner. The venue was great because it included all the linens and chair covers ..which I was able to go to a local decorating company and choose from I’m wide variety of different linens!!! 

-We have the photographer and videographer booked and will be doing our engagement photos in a few weeks!!

– A good friend of mine’s family owns a DJ company so we already have them booked for the wedding and social. 

-We’ve done the first draft for our guest list.

-My fiancé is good friends with a florist so we have her booked for our wedding date!! We have our centerpieces picked out.

-I’ve started on a lot of my DIY Projects such as; table numbers, Photo Booth props, signage, signature cocktails chosen.

-I started on our wedding favors, we are doing personalized Jones soda Bottles that go with our theme colors.

-I started strassing my own wedding shoes!!! I am in love with bling, so they will be very sparkly!!!! 

-I have the hairstylists picked out to do the wedding party’s hair on our wedding.. I’m still looking for a makeup artist but I realize I have a lot of time still.

-A friend of mine has an amazing voice so I have given her a song to learn for while I walk down the aisle and she has a friend that plays the acoustic guitar so I have the ceremony music picked out!! So excited!!! 

I’m a bit of a bridezilla.. so I am sure I have other stuff planned or booked already but I just can’t think of them right now!! Haha

Post # 10
878 posts
Busy bee

I forgot I also have picked out my dress and put the down payment hopefully it will arrive in a few months!!!!

We have also gone bridesmaid dress shopping And narrowed it down to 3 dresses.

The boys are going suit shopping within the next month or so!!!!

Post # 11
88 posts
Worker bee

Yay date twins!  I feel like I’m a lull in the planning–I’ve got most of the major stuff done, now I feel like I’m playing the waiting game.  So far I’ve done:

-Ceremony/reception venue booked
-Guest list finalized
-DJ booked
-Photographer booked/engagement pictures taken
-Purchased my dress
-Picked out BM dresses
-S-T-Ds ordered (and mostly addressed)
-Hair appts booked

Now it’s just a matter of getting started on some of my DIY projects and losing weight for the big day!

Post # 12
88 posts
Worker bee

@boogiewoogies:  I’m also making my own flowers for centerpieces!  do you have any pictures?

Post # 13
2163 posts
Buzzing bee

@agrinste1:  Not yet…I will post some when I can remember! I live way out in the mountains wihtout internet and have to come to a friend’s house to get on wedding bee lol so I can only post pics if I plan ahead and actually take pics while at home.

Post # 15
646 posts
Busy bee

I have:

Venue

Caterer

Photographer

Videographer

DJ

Officiant

Dress

Baker

Florist

Registries

Booked honeymoon

Rehearsal dinner location

(might be forgetting some)

But right now I am stressing out that I have no idea on the bridesmaid dresses and I have not even looked at save the dates. I have my guest list but haven’t started getting addresses yet. I really need to get on those 2 things but I’m busy with school stuff and moving! AHHH!

Post # 16
88 posts
Worker bee

@ltj14:  Getting addresses was a major pain for me!  My mom had a list from my sister’s graduation open house 3 years ago, but I’d say 1/3 of those were wrong.  After days/weeks of calls/emails/Facebook I think I have all but 2 so the STDs went out!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors