90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Me too! I have so much to do still! 

Post # 4
285 posts
Helper bee

Omg! 10 more days! I can’t believe that the day I dreamt about is almost here!

Post # 5
490 posts
Helper bee

I’m writing my to-do list – my head is spinning already!!!

10 days, wow. Not sure whether to be nervous or excited! Still have so much to do at work and family will be arriving in a few short days! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post # 7
285 posts
Helper bee

Do y’all have the problem where people keep offering their help, but you just have no idea how they can help? 

I want to give them something to do so they can help me and relieve some stress, but I’m just not sure what?

Post # 8
490 posts
Helper bee

@Southerngirl4234:  YES! I have a bunch of friends and family telling me all the time they’re happy to help. I try to think of things for them to do but being the type-A that I am I don’t get further than whining at them about how much stuff I have to do.

Post # 9
746 posts
Busy bee

Just last minute stuff for me. I’m super anxious and nervous..even though I don’t have much left to do. Everyone but my officiant is paid in full and I am paying her at the rehearsal dinner. 

I still feel like I’m gonna vom though. I think if I had more to do I’d be less stressed because I’d have something to focus on other than the fact it’s 10 days! Ackk

Post # 10
143 posts
Blushing bee

@Southerngirl4234:  I totally have that same issue too!! I finally wrote down everything I needed to get done between the cocktail hour, reception, logistics, etc (we’re wedding planner-less so we’re DIY-ing a lot of the logistics) and started asking people to do various things – like “can you be in charge of getting the gifts & cards to the car,” “can you be in charge of directing people to sign the guest book,” “can you check over the dessert table and make sure we’re not running low on things” etc. It helped me figure out what I actually did need help with! 

Does anyone else notice that they’re being overly harsh/critical on themselves at all? The last few days I’ve felt the pressure get to me about not having perfect skin/hair/nails/insert body part here. I’m trying to let it go and remind myself that I’ll look & feel beautiful. Plus the fiance will think I look amazing regardless! 

Post # 12
143 posts
Blushing bee

@MrsD0622:  So glad someone out there feels it too (although NOT glad we are feeling it!!!) You are so right – just gotta accept that nothing and nobody is perfect and try to let it go. It’s so hard to walk the walk sometimes though! 

Post # 13
74 posts
Worker bee

Another June 22nd bride here! I am soooo freaking out. We have had a hell of a last month. We had TWO groomsman drop out, and had to scramble to find two replacements. We felt so rude asking those 2 last minute, but they gladly stepped in. What great friends! The bridesmaids all ordered their dresses super late in the game, even after repeatedly asking them nicely to get in taken care of. So long story short, none of them went and actually tried on the dress or got fitted for it, and GUESSED what their size they would be based on other bridesmaid dresses they have worn. Well, the dresses just came in the first week of June, and surprise surprise! THEY DON’T FIT! TOO SMALL! They can’t even zip them half way up!  So all of the girls have taken their dresses to alterations, and have been told they can be let out a bit, but can’t guarentee it will be enough. No one has tried on the finished product of alterations because most of them won’t be ready until this weekend. Plus, they all live in different states, so we won’t be able to go shopping for a backup dress unless we go the day of the wedding. ( 2 of the bridemaids are flying in the MORNING OF!) EEK! Fingers crossed that the dresses can be let out enough. On top of that, the venue raised the menu pricing $10 per person unexpectedly last week(and yes, they are allowed to do that), and I hate Gartner Studios place cards and print it yourself wedding favors! Lol I am also finding that no one can really help, because it seems like every time they try, they have to ask me a million questions on how it needs to be done anyways, so it would be a lot quicker if I just did it myself! Both families are driving me absolutely insane.. “You are seeing each other before the ceremony? That’s ruining tradition!” “Can’t you start pictures an hour later so we have more time to get ready?” “I know you said no children, but……” UGH!!!! Lol  One last annoyance: People telling me calm down and stop stressing. HA! Easier said than done. I’d like to see some of them planning a wedding. They will be walking disasters! It feels good to come here and vent because I know you all understand! Even though I have had a few hiccups with the wedding planning part, I am so excited to be married to the man of my dreams! 8 DAYS LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post # 14
753 posts
Busy bee

@MrsD0622:  MEE TOO MEE TOO!!! im so excited B-parties this weekend in vegas 🙂 only hav a fw minor things to do.. im so EXCITED im might pee lol 

Post # 16
1690 posts
Bumble bee

Hello ladies, can I join in on the excitement!! I can’t believe we are getting married THIS WEEK!!!

i am not stressed, I just have a few little things to do, but nothing major. I mostly have to confirm with all my vendors, make a few final payments, get travelers insurance and get some Euro for our honeymoon. We are SO fortunate that we get to go into our venue on Friday to set up and do our rehersal and whatever else we need to do, so that is saving us a lot of time/stress on the day of.

Things are looking good! Can’t wait until Wednesday when I’m done work for 2 1/2 weeks!!!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors