Post # 1
Just wondering what the other June brides are getting done this month. I’m working on picking out different invatation styles, figuring out what color(s) I want to use with pool and trynig to find some more centerpice ideas. How about everyone else?
Post # 3
I haven’t even started on invites yet.. 🙁
This month I am hoping to have done:
• Flowers/finding a lavender supplier (whom I just found!) and bouquet/boutonniere design
• Settling on either a band or a DJ, both of which I’ve been in contact with (leaning towards the DJ)
• Trolley transportation for the guests to the reception
• Inquiring at the Church about starting Pre-Cana
Post # 5
Started & need to finish:
- Book DJ
- Book officiant
- Reserve baker
- Honeymoon research
Yet to start, getting a little panicked:
- Planning attire and styling for engagement shoot (in late Oct.)
- Finding MUA and hair salon for e-shoot
Looming on the horizon:
- Paper suite
- Honeymoon destination
Post # 6
Gosh, I’m working on a lot (slowly though):
making a final decision on the caterer
reviewing florists’ and wedding designers’ proposals, setting up viewings of prototypes and sample tables, and choosing a florist/designer
finding a videographer
scheduling makeup trials and picking a makeup artist (if I can find someone I like)
picking out save-the-dates
finding a pianist for the cocktail hour
researching the honeymoon (fiancee is handling that)e
Post # 7
Well I finally officially booked the venue and the ceremony site. And I have my wedding dress!
Now I am try to find an officiant and finalizing the guest list and save the dates! Oh and I am also going to order my bridesmaid dresses asap.
Post # 8
Here’s my October to do’s…
Print and assemble Save the Dates
Get a DJ
Book a baker
Post # 9
I’m working on invites. I also just purchased my centerpiece footed bowls to bring to the florist (she told me it is a bit too early to pick flowers, since weather in this area can affect bloom times).
Also working on the e-vites for our post-wedding party (actual wedding is very small, but we are having a big bash two weeks later).
Oh, and I tried on wedding rings last night! Picked one, but a lot of $$, so not sure yet.
Post # 10
I’ve gotten most of the big stuff mostly settled, and have been working semi-organically lately. I guess music and the final touches on my attire have been my main concerns this month…
Post # 11
- Wedding: June 2011 - Calgary Opera Centre
My to do list for this month is:
- Sign a catering contract
- Get a good idea of what FH will be wearing
- Take engagement photos (Sunday! Must pick outfits!)
- Get our wedding website up
- Finalize what we want to make for decor, so I can start on those projects before Christmas
- Decide if I want real or handmade flowers (I love the felt bouquets I see everywhere!)
Post # 12
DRESS!! Not that it’s on my mind or anything…. Can you tell?
Post # 13
October has been a productive month for me. We sent save the dates and hired a DJ. I also interviewed florists and am close to a decision on that.
Our next task is to research bakers. Yay tastings!
Post # 14
Researching hotels for guests and reserving a bloc of rooms
Met with caterer (who’s also taking care of rentals, set up and take down) to talk about organizing the space in case of rain.
Should be getting sketches of the back of my dress from my designer friend soon
Started the wedding website
Next to do: flowers!
Post # 15
* booked a DJ last week
* engagement pics on Tues (went shopping today, so sick of stores!)
* hopefully get STDs printed/sent out
* find an officiant
* book a block of rooms at hotel