Post # 1
I’m so excited that my Fiance and I just booked our honeymoon. A nine night cruise down to the caribbean. I’ve never been on a cruise or to the caribbean before! Does anyone know anything about cruising or have any advice?
Post # 3
Yay! That’s so exciting! I haven’t been on a cruise or to the Carribean so haven’t got any advice!
Post # 4
@BriansBride: so exciting! I recommend packing some ginger gravol or sea sickness patch – whatever works best for you for sea sickness for you… just in case! You don’t want to be green without any hope of relief on your honeymoon! Have fun
Post # 5
@BriansBride: this is so exciting! which islands are you visiting? i went on a carribean cruise many years ago. it was great. i did get a little sea sick when the water was rough but gravol or the patch works.
dinners were always a bit more formal so i had to make sure i brought a lot of dresses. they also had a really formal night (long gowns, etc). check with the cruise line to find out if they have dress codes.
i also remember the food. omg, it was all so delicious. enjoy.
Post # 6
I’ve been on 6 cruises and it’s been great every time! Take lots of medications just in case because they are super expensive on the boat (FI got sick on our last one and dayquil was like $25). Book your dinner reservations and excursions in advance if possible. Which islands are you going to?
Post # 7
- Wedding: September 2014 - Historic Rosemont Manor
I’ve been on several cruises… Here is my list of things to remember to pack:
1. alarm clock (most ships don’t have clocks in the room, not sure why)
2. flashlight – its really dark in the room at night & you don’t wanna wake your new husband by turning on all the lights in the middle of the night to go pee
3. extra sunscreen
4. warmer clothes (sweaters, jeans, etc). the insides of the ship are seriously air conditioned
5. underwater camera for snorkeling
6. walky-talkies if you plan on splitting up at all. My Fiance loves to spend several hours in the casino & I like to read on deck
7. a 3-in-1 plug, especially if it’s Carnival. They only have one outlet in the room
8. If you do get seasick, try eating green apples. They help & they’re good for you!
9. Best piece of advice anyone gave me for cruising – you can order more than one appetizer, entree & dessert in the main dining room at dinner. It’s all-inclusive, so pig out! 😀
Post # 8
@HopefulSim: Thank you!
@amRN: I’ve never heard of that! Thank you so much. I’ll have to get some. 🙂
@mypinkshoes: Thanks for the advice! We have two days of sailing down to the caribbean, four islands then two days of sailing back. We are visiting San Juan Puerto Rico, Charlotte Amalie St. Thomas, Samana Dominican Republic, and Labadee Haiti.
@MrsN14: Thank you. Good idea I will probably need tums from all the food. Do they let you take as many medications as you want on board? I’ll probably pack the medicine cabinet.
@MrsS_to_be: Wow! Thank you so much. I would have assumed they had alarm clocks and never would have thought of the outlet! I got my underwater camera, so excited!! Thank you so much. 🙂