(Closed) just bought my dress today, impression 2910 abbey!! bustle suggestions??

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I am thinking a french bustle (3+ point) to show off the beautiful detailing on the back.

Post # 4
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Your bridal shop will play aroud with bustles for you to help you decide. 

Post # 5
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I would go with a 3 point over bustle to show off the lace and to keep the weight evenly distributed it  wont feel so heavy or possibly come undone =)

Gorgeous gown! Congrats =)

Post # 7
240 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

beautiful dress..I would make the changes the other girls mentioned

Post # 8
1271 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

american bustle, 3 point.  don’t want to hide any of that detail by tucking it underneath in a french bustle.  plus i think the way it’ll lay in the american bustle will tie in nicely with the ruching along that center back seam.

Post # 9
8 posts
  • Wedding: June 2012

I wonder what an austrailian bustle would look like on this dress since there is that pretty seam part way down the back.

Ive personally never seen it done in person, but if you google it, some images iwll pop up. Id at least ask the seamstress to do a mock up to see what it`d look like. See the bottom of this post. If not then maybe American… I woul dhate to cover up that goregous seaming detail.

The topic ‘just bought my dress today, impression 2910 abbey!! bustle suggestions??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors