(Closed) Just quoted $10,598 for wedding decor

posted 5 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
1161 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@ashump210:  Whoa!!! That is so expensive…yeah keep shopping, lol. What did the decorations include other than the hanging chandeliers?

Post # 4
4687 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

I know it’s hard because you want everyhting to be so pretty and I”m sure you have a  lovely vision… but guests really don’t notice the decor. I know so many friend who regret spending a lot on decor when it’s just not necessary. I would invest in dramatic centerpieces if your venue is plain and cut the decor. Think of what you could spend $10,500 on!!!!

Post # 5
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Yikes thats a lot of money! I would try making them myself personally, or looking on etsy.com. You could always sell them afterwards but I doubt you will find anyone willing to pay anything close to that. Its still kind of early too, I had a centerpiece idea in mind for about a year and about 6 months before the wedding I went with something completely different.

Post # 6
8464 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

Wow, that’s almost my entire wedding budget.

Post # 7
1177 posts
Bumble bee

Wow! That’s almost my whole catering budget!

Post # 8
1846 posts
Buzzing bee

Wow! That’s a lot!!!

im spending $700 on all of my decor including centerpeices, actually all I’m really having is centerpeices and my head table decor. That’s it. 

Post # 9
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

What was included and what are you hoping to get? I would really focus on things that are high-impact vs. including everything just because a vendor said so…

Post # 10
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@lealorali:  I had a similar experience, not $10K but proportionally, it was the same! I ended up taking out A LOT of what I was hoping to have and as my FI pointed out, the venue will be stunning enough without the need for a ton of decorations.

Post # 11
4372 posts
Honey bee

What kind of decor is it for?

Post # 12
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I got a lot of decor quotes in that range too! We are getting married in a tent and I really want chandeliers, fabric swags, and uplighting – I was absolutely shocked when we recieved our first quote….I guess hanging things and electrical work is expensive, but still it’s pretty ridiculous.  We’ve decided to cut WAY down on our flower budget and invest more on making an impact in the tent  with decor- I think people notice that more than flowers.  The lowest quote we’ve found is around $6k…pretty frustrating….

Post # 13
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I’d laugh at them.  Hard.

Is this for decor and installation?  Or just for decor?  If it’s for decor and installation, do you have some friends that could help decorate the venue to reduce the installation fees?  If it’s for just the pieces, could you shop around for all of the other things and just rent the chandeliers from that company, if they’re not available from anyone else?  

Post # 14
Hostess
8580 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

Yikes, do you have a list of all the things you wanted?

The topic ‘Just quoted $10,598 for wedding decor’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors