(Closed) Just Signed up for weight watchers! 366 days till the wedding!

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
6256 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

I’ve done it. I really like the old plan better than the new one, though opinions differ widely on that. They also say if you’ve never done the old one, the new one is easier. I guess it’s just whichever one you get used to.

As far as snacks, I really enjoy air-popped popcorn. I’m not exercising now, though I should be. I just got a Nintendo Wii and Dance Dance Revolution to that end.

Post # 5
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’m doing it right now and I reall like it.  It’s pretty easy to follow.  But what I found helped me the most was actually going to the meetings vs doing it online.  The support there is great and I love my leader!

Post # 6
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’ve lost 30 pounds with WW. I’ve cancelled my membership because we could use the extra $40 a month. I have all the tools and books so I will be okay. I’m using myfitnesspal to track. The calories and points add up to to the same amount. Good luck!

Post # 8
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Take The Reins: Good luck!

I never paid for the program but followed the general model of the old WW. And I exercised every day, beginning with short runs and lots of walks – sometimes twice a day since I couldn’t run much yet. Then I ran for longer and longer.

I bet once you’re in a groove it’ll be easier to watch the binge snacking. Plus when you’re seeing results it’s easier to stay motivated.

I try all sorts of options for snacks and meals. Some of the WW recipes are awesome – especially the macaroni and cheese and Mexican casserole ones. Makes me feel like I can eat normal food, although portions always are smaller than I want them to be. Tongue out I also love the 100-cal packs of all sorts. They’re easy to pack in lunches and go, although more expensive than counting out servings from a normal snack bag. The Laughing Cow cheese with a serving of reduced fat crackers is an awesome snack, and I love all sorts of fruits.

If you ever need a boost, check out the Success Stories on the WW website. It can help you get through any weak days.

Post # 11
829 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’m on it!  I started 2 weeks ago.  My goal is to drop about 10-15 pounds over the next few months. 

I don’t mind keeping track of the points (I signed up online).  The first week I felt hungry all of the time, but now I’m usually pretty satisfied so long as I eat balanced meals.  The other day I only had a salad for lunch and I was starving all day.  If I want wine or ice cream I just make sure I have enough “left over” points at the end of the day, which isn’t bad at all.  I’ve lost about 3/4 lb. w/o working out too much (work has been busy so I have been exhausted at the end of the day).  I’m a little nervous about how few points I can eat throughout the day when I do start back up with exercising. 

The main thing is to get used to smaller portion sizes.  I am petite, so it doesn’t take much for me to get a little extra weight around my middle – even when I think I’m eating small portion sizes.  After starting WW I realized that my idea of size is a little off!

I’m excited!

Keep posting your WW success – it’s a great motivator!

Post # 13
4676 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I don’t do WW but I got soo tired of adding calories and such when dieting….  now I just mostly eat the same thing during the week and thanks to my 9-11 hour a day job I don’t have much time to fall off that ladder durning the week.  I have definately been most succusful when excersizing though….  I have been using Wii and overall enjoy it.  I like rolling out of bed and exersizing…   My goal is 30ibs, I have 11 months before the wedding and maybee 7 or 8 before I’m going to worry about dress fittings….   I have been tettering around a 5 ib loss after two or three weeks.  

Post # 14
829 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’ve lost a pound a week, for a total of 2 lbs! YES!! the WW portion control aspect has really helped!

The topic ‘Just Signed up for weight watchers! 366 days till the wedding!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors