Without Jacket : (49 votes)
    30 %
    Both : (78 votes)
    48 %
  • Post # 3
    219 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2014

Beautiful dress!  I think it would be neat to wear the jacket for the ceremony, and then take it off for the reception.  Would make for a playful change on your big day!

Post # 5
    7992 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2013 - UK

I love this dress. It’s the dress which makes me have dress regret. I say jacket for sure… it’s the jacket which makes the dress so lovely!

Post # 6
    8473 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2012

Definitely without. 

Post # 7
    692 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2014 - Legare Waring House

@jltoth:  +1!

Post # 8
    23636 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

I voted for without jacket – somehow, I’m not totally sold on that particular bolero on you.  You look beautiful in your dress, by the way! 🙂

Post # 9
    2822 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

The jacket would be lovely for the ceremony – don’t forget that people will be looking at your back during the ceremony, and the back on that is GORGEOUS.

Then take the jacket off when it’s time to party! Best of both worlds!

Post # 10
    3372 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

It’s gorgeous with the jacket, and you have the figure to pull it off. I would do jacket for the ceremony, strapless for the reception. Beautiful!

Post # 11
    601 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

No jacket. I think it makes you look older.

Post # 12
    65 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

Like what others said, I think it would be great to wear the jacket for the ceremony and without in the reception. It’s such a gorgeous dress. I adore Justin Alexander <3

Post # 13
    29 posts
    • Wedding: October 2013

This was “THE ONE” for me for most of my dress hunt. My plan was to wear the jacket during the ceremony and wedding breakfast, then take it off and add a sparkly belt for the evening reception. 

PINK really was in love with this one, but I realised that it was slightly too cooler colour for me (typical English Rose, not as romantic as it sounds! I can look pinky/blue ifs the wrong colour!), then I was frightened if I wore spray tan, it may rub off on to that beautiful lace.

if anyone is not familiar with this dress, it has two different patterned layers of lace and the sparkle is on the underside of lace, giving a beautiful muted sparkle. Not too much.

it’s stunning on you and I think you should go with two looks!

Post # 14
    2055 posts
    Buzzing bee

First of all, you look beautiful in your dress (love the hem), and the detail on your jacket is fantastic.

Also, I voted for both looks (jacket for ceremony; strapless for reception).

BUT you might want to look into different sleeve styles. The cap sleeve that stops right at the apex of one’s shoulder’s is a highly unforgiving and often hard-to-pull-off look because it broadens/widens the look of the shoulders. I’m a bit torn because that jacket looks wonderful on you. I just think there are more flattering options out there, as well.

I think a sleeveless or a longer sleeve (even if it’s just a couple of inches shorter/longer) would make a world of difference in softening the jacket look (and keep the ensemble from looking too matronly or school marm-ish).

And because I think illustrations are always helpful, here are some examples of more flattering sleeves (pay no attention to the style, only the sleeves:

Post # 15
    29 posts
    • Wedding: October 2013

i agree and it’s one of the feasons i couldn’t go with it, but this bride can absolutely get away with it, so I say go with this beautiful jacket if you can mariana17 !!

The topic ‘Justin Alexander 8641’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors