Kay Setting # 999562013704

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1261 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

bumping this up for you….sorry, I don’t have that ring, but it’s beautiful!! Hopefully someone on here has it, or has a pic of it!

Post # 4
1849 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Rebekah615:  It’s very pretty!  I can’t offer any insight on what it looks like IRL, but I wanted to hop on and give you an option:

If FI has credit at Kay from a return, he could purchase the semi-mount (the ring without the centre stone) from Kay, and then find a high quality diamond on-line.  James Allen, Blue Nile, I think even Good Old Gold.  A GIA graded diamond can be had from on-line retailers for less than what your chain-store jewelers would charge.

Not sure of your budget, but I just jumped on James Allen, and a 0.75 ct ALMOST square (5.11mmx5.05mm – you’ll never notice the 0.06mm difference) princess is $2,310.  All the other specs are really nice.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/0.75-carat-h-color-vs1-clarity-sku-255706

Keep us posted.  I’d love to see that ring on your finger!

Post # 5
1779 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 1997

@Rebekah615:  you said: “Please don’t use this as an excuse to show off your 6 carat halo bling. I’m happy for you, but I don’t need to see it. Thanks!

LaughingLOL, the biggies are usually just diamond simulants anyway!  Love the diamond ring you’re getting, beautiful details. I second @Mrs Canuck:  suggestion.

Heres a thread, you may find something similar to what you’re choosing: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/bees-that-got-your-ring-drone-zales-kays-share-your-pic#axzz2hF2PEOB3

Post # 6
1465 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

@Rebekah615:  I don’t have that ring, but I giggled at your plea at the end. It’s hilarious how people will post, “show me your half carat round solitaires in yellow gold!” and some derp will respond, “wow pretty! Here is my 2ct princess halo with a million side stones, in white gold!!” Yeah but… the thread says… ok whatever, umm thanks for contributing… 

Post # 7
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

@Mrs Canuck:  I so agree with doing it this way.  I got my diamond from bluenile and had it set at jareds.  I got a much better diamond at half the cost.

Post # 8
1287 posts
Bumble bee

FI and I were looking at diamonds before, Kays are cheap diamonds (low quality, high priced), over priced. Blue Nile and James Allen has better quality diamonds  for cheaper and you can pick the settings you want.  

ETA: I have a James Allen diamond and couldn’t be happier with it. Customer service was top notch and we also got an appraisal with the ring, worth a TON more than what we paid, which we got insurance on the ring based on the appraisal. 

Post # 9
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

@Rebekah615:  I think mine is kind of similar, I got the setting at jareds.  Please dont think I want to just show off my ring lol but the only major difference is my side stones are princess and yours are round.  It is a beautiful setting though and if you can you should try to order the center stone online. My center stone is exactly .60 and ring size is 6.50  I got my center stone  from bluenile and it is great quality and cost alot less.  Post pics when its on your finger!

Post # 10
3007 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I have to second what PPs said. I just looked at the setting (which is beautiful btw) and priced out what it would be to add my diamond. Holy cow! They want $7k for a lower quality diamond than the one I bought online for around $4k. I suggest you price out a center diamond online and look at having it set in store.

Either way- that setting is stunning!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors