Post # 1
So I haven’t really been on here much, but needed somewhere to vent, and this is about the only place, and maybe someone can help me come up with a solution. Anything would help as its been very stressful…..
So I have put down my deposit for the location of my wedding, and they said they would work with me on money issues, that as long as it was paid 10 days before the wedding, it would all be totally fine. Then yesterday I get this phone call saying that I have to give them this huge chunk of money (which hey its, 10 freakin days before xmas, not to mention 9 days before one of my youngest son’s 1st bday!!) or else they will cancel the whole thing! So obviously they are lying to me and are telling me 2 different stories. So I’m freaking out, the guy was yelling at me, and pretty much made me cry all day yesterday. So needless to say i’m very worried. Anyone have any helpful advice???
Thanks for lettin me vent.
Post # 3
Ok, when you gave him the first deposit did you get a contract? Something in writing? Read ALL over that. Because that will give you a lot of info. Also, is the guy who called you the same guy who’s your contact at the venue? If not then I’d contact the person who I was dealing with originally and ask what’s going on (after checking the contract).
Importantly, don’t stress. This just sounds like a huge misunderstanding somewhere to me.
Post # 4
Do you have the contact information for the person who told you that you had until closer to the wedding to pay? It is sort of strange that you are being asked to pay a large part right now. We had to put down a deposit of maybe 10% intially but the majority of the payment wasn’t owed until 2 weeks out from the wedding date. Did you ever get the payment terms written out? That’s the problem with having an oral agreement is that sometimes they can go back on it because you didn’t write it down on your contract. I hope you can get something figured out and don’t have to put up all the money right now!
Post # 5
well in my contract it says half is due at the 6 month point, but the girl I’ve been dealing with said its no big deal if that can’t happen,that as long as its paid in time for the wedding then there is no issue. She told me to talk to someone else (not the rude douchebag from yesterday) so hopefully it all gets figured out!
Post # 6
luckily i do have an email stating us working something out, which technically is in writing, and can be proven, lol.
Post # 7
That is great you have that email! As an agent of the company the girl made arrangements that need to be honored regardless if she had the authority or not. You decided on this venue contingent on that offer.
I would take that email up the food chain at the venue if necessary. Sometimes going straight to the top is more effective than duking it out.
Post # 8
Well luckily I kept that email! they couldn’t deny it, and it helped that that guy was a total douchebag because the girl I dealt with was very apologetic about it…..i hope no one else has to deal with him. It’s not fair to anyone to get an extremely rude phone call like that!
Thanks again for letting me vent! I love this site!
Post # 9
Yeah, that is so strange!! I hope he wasn’t the owner or anything.. Glad it all worked out and I hope they are nicer to you from now on!