Kirstie Kelly Wedding Gowns on Groupon for $175? Hmm.

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
7262 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

I like the 4th dress pictured. It looks similar to my wedding dress.

Post # 5
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

i actually am wearing the coral dress… Boo that it’s now way cheaper than I paid.  Just an FYI they do not allow returns at all… I received a gown with a pink stain and had to fight with them to return and exchange it for a new one.  Great quality the moonstone belt isn’t enough for me and I’m buying a james clifford belt to make it more glamorous. 

Post # 6
576 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

BTW – check out Kirstie Kelly’s website for info on the Groupon. Looks like it’s not authorized by them.

Post # 7
2891 posts
Sugar bee

Intense. I ordered the Emerald through Groupon – if I don’t like it, I can always return it. I’ve ordered and returned Groupon Goods before, so I’m that worried. 

I’ll report back once it comes in!

Post # 8
239 posts
Helper bee

@bitsybee:  Good to hear I am interested in ordering, and I think I might try it out.

@Sheryl0013:  Coral is the one I am looking at! I’m glad to hear you like it. I was wondering the same thing about how “blinging” the belt is. Thanks for the info!

Post # 9
2891 posts
Sugar bee

@MoonlitMagnolia:  Kirstie Kelly took down the message about Groupon and put up a 50% off promo code instead, for the same gowns. The gown promo ends at the same time the Groupon promo does. Interesting – sounds like one of their distributors had extra stock they wanted to dump. Perhaps Costco?

@StephanieElise:  I’m thinking of it as a backup dress, in case my alterations lady can’t make a train for my current dress!

ETA: Just got off the phone with both KK and Groupon CS. KK says that their 50% offer is a result of the Groupon, as it’s impacting their business and they want to ensure that brides get authentic KK gowns. Also, they only do direct to consumer sales – their distribution partnerships ended years ago, so these gowns are either fake or old. 

Groupon CS says their Goods team is responsible for signing up the merchants and for verifying authenticity, but they have no way to verify that Goods verified authenticity. I may end up returning my “KK” gown when it comes in, because I don’t want to hurt small businesses. 

Post # 10
239 posts
Helper bee

@bitsybee:  OMG thank you! I really appreciate you sharing the info from KK and Groupon CS. I would have been heartboken to know I ended up getting a wrong/fake/old dress. 

And KK’s prices are so reasonable, I don’t mind getting it straight from them. Plus I get a chance to really compare/search, rather than impulsively buying one because of the ticking clock on the Groupon site. 

Thanks again!

Post # 11
2891 posts
Sugar bee

@StephanieElise:  The 50% off at KK ends when the Groupon ends, just a head’s up. I don’t know KK’s return policy – just something to think about. 

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee

@aranel1002:  I bought one of those dresses (Emerald) and it arrived over the weekend. It is certainly not fake, nor previously used. It is in gorgeous mint condition with Kirstie Kelly authentication and everything.
Groupon does not disclose their sellers, so I have every faith that, even though it wasn’t Kirstie Kelly selling the dresses, it was a company authorized to sell her dresses which sold them.
Considering returns are 100% covered, including return shipping, this was basically a shoe-in for potential. And if it didn’t work out, I wouldn’t be out a single dime. Someone else said that they will fight you on returns, but not Groupon. I’ve been using Groupon for a couple years now. They are SUPER AWESOME about returns and their customer service is excellent. It said right there on the Groupon page, “FREE RETURNS.”

My Emerald gown is GORGEOUS!!! So much more detail in the construction than you can see in pictures, like the fact that there is a tiny tulle detail under the bustline with a tulle flower in the middle. Satin- and matte-finished cords are sew on all over the skirt and each cord has a row of tulle petals on each side, not to mention the amount of tulle petals sewn onto the dress to make it look even more lustruous and lovely! To help lend the right shape to the gown, the seams connecting the top to the skirt are in a consumate “V” pattern to create diamonds.
The dress fittings are wonderful! There is a set of hooks and eyes on the inside of the dress to hold it close to the bustline, and a second, larger hook and eye (the kind on slacks), to hold the dress closed around your body while you zip it up! As I said before, it is GORGEOUS!!! It came in a large cardboard box wrapped in plastic, tissue paper, and a hanger.
I’m not engaged yet, although my SO and I have picked a date. (03.18.16) I’ve already begun research into properly packing it away so it stays every bit as pristine. 

Post # 13
4 posts
Wannabee

Hello Ladies!

I bought a Citrine and Coral in size 10. Groupon is now saying that it is final sale, even though I did tons of research before purchasing this dress. SO! With that being said, is anybody interesting in one of these dresses of $175. Both super high quality and light weight. They were just too small.

Please let me know at setr22@msn.com

Post # 15
4 posts
Wannabee

It’s a 10, I am probably a 12. I wear a street size 6-8 depending on the brand. It will be $175 plus shipping. What’s your zip code, I can give you a better quote! 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors