Post # 1
Ahh! I’m so stoked!
What are you working on right now?
I’m doing Save-The-Date Cards, some little wedding decor and working out to buy the dress soon. I am also ordering shoes (no luck so far!) and assembling my veil this month, probably!
Post # 3
AUGH so much left to do!
I am waiting for my Save-The-Date Cards to get here in the mail so i can send em off.
what i have left:
cocktail hour musician
pick the menu with the caterer
finalize the beer and wine list
pick bridesmaid dresses
get groom and Groomsmen outfits
Post # 4
Aww! Don’t feel so bummed about it! 8 months is still a lot of time!
I have to book someone for hair, book the hotel for the wedding night, pick out Bridesmaid or Best Man accessories, all kinds of stuff… I am giving myself little chunks to do at a time so I don’t think about the giant list i have.
Post # 5
its overwhelming since i have a friend who is getting married literally 2 weeks AFTER me and shes practically DONE lol one day at a time… *sigh*
good luck to you too! im still stuck on bridesmaid dresses for today though…
Post # 6
I just booked a videographer, and I’m in the process of trying to nail down someone for hair/makeup.
All of the other vendors are booked, but I still have a TON of DIY paper stuff to do (invitations, programs, table numbers, karaoke books, favors). The save-the-dates went out last Fall, so at least that’s one DIY thing off the list!
Post # 7
Actually. it’s only 7 months guys! Eep! Lots of time to get stuff done, but I’ve definitely felt the vendor rush, since i’m getting married in a popular place (San Diego by the water). I’m planning from afar, so we did a trip and got basically everything but the DIY stuff finiahed. PHEW. Getting married the weekend after you ladies, but excited to have other September brides active on the boards!! 🙂
Post # 8
I was gonna say..isn’t it 7 months??
Time seems to be flying by! I’ve sewed 16 napkins (of 80!) so I’m going to be busy sewing the next few weeks. It’s an easy thing to have done ahead of time (and mostly I’m cursing myself for wanting to do my own napkins anyways!)
I’m also still trying to get my fiance to work on printing our invites with our computer since I know it’s going to be a labour intensive project and I want to get started on it!
@walkunafraid – I’m workin on finding someone for hair/makeup too!
Post # 9
Ummm…my calendar marks me as 6 months and 3 weeks from the wedding folks! LESS THAN 7 MONTHS! Yikes! (according to The Knot, I have exactly 208 days left to go! Not a whole heck of a lot people!)
I have….a lot to do! We need to
- sign the catering contract and give them our deposit (this is giving me a headache),
- Finalize our reception/cocktail hour menus (although, those are picked out already!)
- sign the DJ contract and give them our deposit,
- find hair people/person (one of my BMs has offered to do my make-up),
- take engagement photos,
- figure out the who/what/when/where of ceremony music and timing (the time is still up in the air! Ahhhh!)
- Figure out who we are going to get to bake our pies, cupcakes, and a small cake
- design rehersal dinner invites
- Begin work on the wedding invites (we almost have all the supplies! Just waiting on an etsy vendor to finish the anchor stamp she is custom cutting for us!)
- I need to get measured by a professional semesstress in order to get my measurements to the people making my dress (another etsy vendor!)
- I need to get my undergarments, finalize my shoe choice (sigh), and find a vail to match my dress!
- I also need to get my Fiance motivated to find a suit or tux to wear! (the man is dragging his feet!)
- And last, but not least or even REALLY last, on my frantic list RIGHT NOW is to start booking for our minimoon (2 nights, 3 days doing Something…)
That list is long enough to send me into panic mode, and that’s only an Nth of the length of the list The Knot has for me! :O
Post # 10
7 months!! It’s so scary. I swear I’m going to blink & the summer’s going to be almost over! We still have sooooo much to do:
- I need a gown (I’ve been teetering between 2 that I love & can’t decide!)
- Guys Tuxes
- Bridesmaid dresses (can’t find any we really like & I can’t decide if I want them all uniform or all different)
- Can’t do bouquets until we have dresses
- Finalize our DJ
- Get Limo/party bus
- Invites/ escort cards
- finalize menu
- ask family members, etc who will be part of ceremony (readers, bringing up the host, etc)
- Pre Cana
- Haven’t even thought about Honeymoon (although prob Aruba since it’s the safe bet in Sept)
- figure out favors
- order my hair flower from etsy seller
- get his wedding band
- Grooms cake (a surprise!!)
- Ceremony Programs
- Bridal Party gifts
– Uhhhh… Lose 20-30lbs
Post # 12
My wedding is 2 weeks after labor day and it feels really good to see I’m not so far behind in comparison. We still need to:
- get his band ordered/engraved (mine is already ordered, waiting on a call to pick up)
- finalize a hotel choice and make a room block
- find a bus for guest transport
- book our flights to the wedding
- order invitations/mail ivitations/get everyone’s addresses (we hand delivered most of our Save-The-Date Cards in a very unorderly fashion when we saw people over the holidays)
- decide what I’m doing for makeup/find a makeup artist
- get my mom a dress she loves
- finish some DIY projects
- make programs
Since we’re planning from afar, we got most of the stuff done over the holidays while we were in my home but we won’t be abck there together again before the wedding except for 3 days before/after a friend’s wedding so there’S really no more time to do anything in person until a week before the wedding.
Post # 13
LOL I can’t do math!
I’m getting my catering contract and wedding layout done next weekend, signing the contract with the new photog and then… DIY until my fingers fall off and my eyeballs fall out!
QUESTION: When did you guys send/when will you send STDs?
Post # 14
@LaborofLove-We didn’t do STD’s. We’re just sending our invites out a little early. It seems like I still have a lot to do! We don’t even have an officiant yet! Eek!
Post # 15
We don’t have an officiant yet either, but we think my parents’ pastor is going to do it… well, I hope so anyways!
Post # 16
@Labor-we asked someone Fiance was close too. And he refused on a basis that we are not a part of his church (even though he helped Fiance a lot when he was younger). So we have very few options at the moment.