- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
Sorry to be back here again with the same issue as before…just a different dress now.
As some of you may remember, I’ve been having a difficult time commiting to the dress that I purchased, the Ella Rosa BE123. I put a deposit down on this dress at the beginning of November, but somehow can’t stop questioning whether I made the right decision.
Some days I love it. Some days I hate it.
I have debated the Allure 2456 (you can find that thread here: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/puffy-vs-fitted-dress-you-tell-me) but I happened to show a photo of it to my fiance, who said he doesn’t like the puffy bottom. It also got completely killed by your votes…
Despite this, I have been hung up on these issues on the Ella Rosa, the dress I do have:
– Not sure whether the satin will look too shiny in photos
– Fiance saw a photo of this dress a long time ago and said he likes the fit through the hips & waist, but he’s “not sure about the bottom” – I am also unsure of the “bell” bottom and how flattering it is – sometimes I love it in photos, sometimes I hate it
– LACE. I have always wanted a dress that incorporates lace and feel bummed that the dress I bought has none (I also think adding it in any way to the dress wouldn’t really go – too busy)
– Color. The “white” in the satin looks too shiny/cheap/nightgownish to me, but the ivory looks almost too yellowish (I ordered in ivory)
– Hair. I think with a dress like this, I would need to have my hair down at least partly make up for how simple it is. But the style that I love (the one pictured in these photos) is an updo and I’m not sure it goes
I recently tried on a dress that I really liked, the Venus VE8064. It’s got the lace and the white and the dropped waist that I love. I am wondering if it’s more flattering/bridal? The only things I don’t like about it is: maybe not as flatering on the tummy, and the back, which is pretty “comforter-like”/puffy (you can see it by clicking here).
The overall look that I want is classy, elegant and unique, while also flattering my figure and feeling comfortable.
Which dress do you like more? And why?
Dress #1 – Ella Rosa BE123
Dress # 2- Venus