Ladies please show me your 1.75ct center stone and describe other 4C's :)

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1249 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Ok. I am going to give you advice based on your question without judging. Hopefully, the Bees will do the same.

I think the two areas where you can “compromise” would be clarity and color.

Almost all VS2 (and even some SI1) diamonds have inclusions that can’t be seen without a loupe. I personally have an SI2 that has inclusions that are thankfully hidden by the prongs.

Unless you are extremely color sensitive, a G diamond is a great option because it is the first listed under “Nearly Colorless”.

I have a 2ct SI2 F excellent polish excellent symmetry cushion cut.

Post # 4
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@brazilian_american:  In reality the difference between 1.75 and 2 carats (assuming a round brilliant shape and that they are cut properly) is only .36 mm. Below is photo to show you the size different.

If you are going to put your money somewhere, make sure you put it into cut. An excellent cut diamond will sparkle and shine which can make the stone look larger than it is. 

I have a 1.51 carat GIA-certified round brilliant diamond, F-color, Excellent Cut, Polish, and Symmetry, and SI1 clarity (eye clean) and I treasure it. Yeah the magic number of 2 carats would have been nice I absolutely adore my ring and continuously get comments by people, even those with larger center stones.

For the amount of money that my FI dropped on the diamond alone we could have gotten a 2 carat stone but would be compromising the color, cut, and clarity of the stone. My friend has a okay quality 2 carat and she is always talking about how she wishes she had put more thought into quality over size.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors