(Closed) Laptop & phone both on their way out, any techy advice?

posted 8 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 4
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Eeek Sorry! That sucks!

I have gotten my phone wet before but it wasn’t quite the same. I sent mine through an entire wash cycle! Needless to say, it didn’t make it. I would turn it off and let it dry out even more if you can. I’ve heard that turning it on before it’s fully try can do even more harm.

As for the laptop.. I don’t know! I hope you can figure it out though, I know computers are expensive to replace.

Post # 5
2004 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

I have gotten cell phones wet before and ultimately they have never survived the incident. I dried one out in the sun once, which seemed to help at first. The screen had had moisture on it—but after it dried, like half the LEDs in the screen quit working. It still made calls, but I couldn’t see anything I was doing, so I had to get a new phone :(. I hope your computer and phone get better!

Post # 6
1260 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I would suggest getting all those numbers off of your phone in case it suddenly dies. My phone just up and died one day, and it was a royal pain in the butt to get everyone’s phone number again. Good luck with everything!

Post # 7
474 posts
Helper bee

I’m no help with the phone, but definitely bring your computer to the apple store, it may just be the fan, and they can look up the serial number to see if it is still under warranty and replace it. 

The topic ‘Laptop & phone both on their way out, any techy advice?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors