(Closed) Large Hands & Rings

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
207 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I don’t have an e-ring yet, but my ring size is an 8 1/2. I completely understand having man-hands with nice nails Tongue out

I found a store that had CZ solitaires out for you to try on in all different carat sizes so you could see what looked best on you. I went with a friend who has a size 7 finger. A 2 carat looked on me like a 1 carat looked on her. The 1 carat disappeared completely on me. It was an interesting experience. 

Post # 4
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

I get my new ring oct 1st I will post then. I wear a 9.5 ring size

Post # 5
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I cant remember my size I think its 7 or 7.5

Post # 6
5548 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2011

My hands are somewhere between “Golaith” and “Yao Ming” sized. Honestly, I have bigger hands than anyone I know other than my 6’8″ beast of a father. And they are fractionally smaller than his. I don’t have “fat” hands persay, just insanely long fingers and a huge palm. I also have these giant swollen knuckles from jammed fingers from 10 years of contact sports. But I will say, my 1/2 carat diamond ring still doesn’t look tiny on my hand. I think part of what helps is that it is a solitare with a design that is “v” shaped on both sides so it looks wider. Of course I am one of those people who would beat the heck outta a stone that was any bigger so it was a good thing. I will have to take and post a pic on my hand since all I have is it off on something pretty.

Post # 7
415 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Okay heres mine and my fiancees hand.  I have the pear cut diamond (bottom hand) and hers is the round. 

Bottom hand:  Size 9 finger, pear cut is 0.75 ct 

Top hand: Size 8 finger, round brilliant is 0.40 ct

Post # 8
3978 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I have very large hands as well. We call them farmer’s hands in my family 🙂 my mom and grandma both have them too. My fingers are still relatively thin for my hands (I wear a 5 3/4), but I’m not into big blingy jewelry so I just went with what fit my personality and didn’t even take into account the size of my hand. I only wear my wedding band on my left and I wear my small ering on my right.

Post # 9
6015 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

Here’s mine …. size 8 finger & almost .75ct.  And FI teases me about how big my hands are ….I have the same size hands as all my brothers …. who are giants so i’m not sure with size 10ft I wound up at 5ft 5… but here’s my pic

Post # 10
117 posts
Blushing bee

Same sitch here!  “Well-manicured man hands”…that’s perfect!  Hahaha.  I’m a size 9 with verryyyyy long fingers, so my friends’ 1-carats look smaller on me than I’d like. 🙁  SO and I will start ring shopping after the holidays, and my goal is a 1.1 or higher cushion with a halo.  I think the halo should help balance out the sizing perception difference.

Post # 11
109 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I have big hands, but was lucky enough to get a great deal on a diamond from a family member, so it still looks plenty big on me

Post # 12
1269 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I wear a size 9.5-10 depending on the weather. I find oval/round cut nails ( almost alway fake ones) give my hands some lenth.

Post # 13
7312 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

I wear an 8.25, and I think my big hands look better with a dainty ring. Thick bands look weird on me. My center stone is .94 and my side stones are .15 each, for a 1.24 tcw. the band is another .7tcw. And for comparison’s sake, Mr. LK is a 10.5. And yes, we were totally testing out our wedding bands a few days ago. i cannot wait to wear them all the time!!!!!!!!!! So close!

Post # 14
477 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I have large hands (thanks, Dad!) with tapered fingers that are fuller at the bottom than at the top (thanks, Mom!).  I have a 2.71 carat sapphire centerstone, which I believe is about 50% finger coverage.  I do have a small halo around the ring, so it may be a wee bit more than that.  Here’s the chart if you havent seen it:  http://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/carat-weight-vs-finger-size-finger-coverage-percentage-t131327.html

Post # 16
2543 posts
Sugar bee

I wear a size 8. My center stone is about .45 and with the halo and pave band I think it brings it to about .75 ctw

The topic ‘Large Hands & Rings’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors